Team-BHP - iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/213439-iphcar-bi-xenon-projector-foglamp-upgrade-blaze-india-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5515182)
Has anyone sourced any HID Bulbs or projector from Blaze India recently? Other than iPHCAR brand.

I have been in touch with Amit Sawhney since November 2022 for H11 HID Bulbs with ballast of GS Taiwan make. I don't need the projector housing since my car already has low beam projectors.

Hello, I have bought a hid projector setup 3 days back for replacing the stock fogs on my Nexon. I have got the GS ballasts.

You might want to check with Mr Sawhney once again.

I have got the D2H project kit costing Rs. 9500.

I am located in Bangalore and is also looking for someone who will be able to fit the foglamps. Any leads will be much appreciated.
Mr Sawhney had given the contact of a person but he is located far from my place.

Thanks,
Ayan

Hello TDCI4life,
Yes, I am using these on my Aspire from May 2022 - the ones with with single color option.
I did not bother with the high beam / low beam functionality as it involved splicing of wires. It is at the default fog lamp level only. The difference is amazing, to top that up, the fitment shop owner suggested to replace the H4 bulbs with LED bulbs as well. These are some Chinese make bulbs with a ballast that fit directly into the aspire headlamp socket. The shop owner has given replacement warranty for two years. IPHCAR cost Rs.6500 and the LED H4 bulbs cost Rs.5000.
The illumination is not good / scattered when driving in city with those orange street lamps. or as informed by numerous users when its raining. staying in low beam during rains helps though.
With these light updates, it is not scary to drive the car above 20-30 KMph at night - like how it was with the factory setup.

The H4 LED bulbs -

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayankm (Post 5529073)
I am located in Bangalore and is also looking for someone who will be able to fit the foglamps. Any leads will be much appreciated.

I got mine installed by Nawaz - +91 90662 28431 when I purchased a set of iPHCAR foglamps from Amit Sawhney.

He did a thorough job and was professional. He came over to my apartment and did the job in the basement. He apparently travels all over Bangalore. You can call and check with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kesh4munni (Post 5529445)
I got mine installed by Nawaz - +91 90662 28431 when I purchased a set of iPHCAR foglamps from Amit Sawhney.

He did a thorough job and was professional. He came over to my apartment and did the job in the basement. He apparently travels all over Bangalore. You can call and check with him.

I did get in touch with Nawaz, but he is quoting exorbitant rates.
He suggested that I do a separate switch for turning on the fogs (low beam) and use the current high beam for fog high beam. The setup sounds great but he is charging me 6k for this.

2k as fitting charges and the rest 4k for material (relay, couplers, wire etc).
How much did he charge you?

Thanks,
Ayan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayankm (Post 552949)
How much did he charge you?

I recollect him being pricey (charged about 4k IIRC) but do not remember the exact cost since it was about two years ago. I did not need a separate switch for the high beam but needed relay(s), fabrication of clamps etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by kesh4munni (Post 5529519)
I recollect him being pricey (charged about 4k IIRC) but do not remember the exact cost since it was about two years ago.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.
The fact that you found him good and also he did a thorough job gives me much confidence.

Thanks,
Ayan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kesh4munni (Post 5529445)

I spoke to him for fitting HIDs in Projector (low beam) of XUV 300. He asked to come to Indira Nagar and quoted 1200.

Interestingly he is also trying to sell the HIDs that he has with him as I am yet to purchase the same

Quote:

You might want to check with Mr Sawhney once again.

I got in touch with Amit Sawhney again, this time he had stock and have placed the order. As per him he genuinely dint have the stocks and had only very recently got stock as per my requirements.

Anyway, I am happy I was able to place the order and he has already dispatched it.

Quote:

Mr Sawhney had given the contact of a person but he is located far from my place.

I have installed iPHCar Projector foglamp on my Honda BR-V. Since I was not interested in separated switch for high/low beam and was only looking for low beams, I did DIY and installed the Projector on my own. It was a simple installation, all plug and play. Had to just tape off the high beam wiring.

Not sure where you are placed in Bangalore. For other work on my cars, I have been visiting Motoman Car accessories in Arekere, Bannerghatta Road. Got few things installed on the BR-V, he was very upfront and explained in details the pros/cons and cost clearly.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5529815)
Anyway, I am happy I was able to place the order and he has already dispatched it.

Got the 4300K H11 HID bulb and the ballast over the weekend. Amit was very quick in dispatching and the package was very well packed. Its GS brand and made is Taiwan as per the print on the Box.

Installed it myself and the light is white but not as white as I have seen on other cars. Since Honda BR-V has projectors for low beam, it was plug and play. The light has nice pattern and there is good cut off. That means no glare on the oncoming traffic.

Didn't get to drive around too much, but surely will test it this week.

Some Observations -

1. The ballast quality looks good, but it got very hot just after 2 mins of use. Other please confirm if this is normal
2. The HID bulb holder is decent quality, but cant say the same for the workman ship of plugging the wire to the holder. Its a bit delicate and doubt it will last long

Regards

Just installed the IPH Bi LED Projector Fog Lamps.
Something doesn't look right! Picture attached

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-2.jpg

I can barely see the light on the road from within the cabin. On the outside the lights just about reach 5 metres from the car. Alternately, when I saw the instal on some YouTube videos, they were much brighter and throw was also a lot longer.

The wiring was straight forward and if I am not mistaken a relay was put in between. It is just a single switch taken inside to work the light on low beam.

I have send the pic to Amit from Blaze as well. Waiting for his views!

So asking here to understand what could be the issue? is it that the levelling of the light is too low? Or the wiring instal messed up?

It is so frustrating, never does it work the first time with me! Always need to put my behind to work a bit extra for things to work perfectly. Whew!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roark (Post 5611899)
Just installed the IPH Bi LED Projector Fog Lamps.
Something doesn't look right! Picture attached

Attachment 2495389

I can barely see the light on the road from within the cabin. On the outside the lights just about reach 5 metres from the car. Alternately, when I saw the instal on some YouTube videos, they were much brighter and throw was also a lot longer.

The wiring was straight forward and if I am not mistaken a relay was put in between. It is just a single switch taken inside to work the light on low beam.

I have send the pic to Amit from Blaze as well. Waiting for his views!

So asking here to understand what could be the issue? is it that the levelling of the light is too low? Or the wiring instal messed up?

It is so frustrating, never does it work the first time with me! Always need to put my behind to work a bit extra for things to work perfectly. Whew!!

The aiming of the projectors seems wrong otherwise the throw of these projectors is pretty good. Align the beam by pulling up the projectors (from the front side lens) so that the lower part of the beam starts around 5 ft from the car.
I have a feeling that your bumper is also obstructing the upper beam and that is causing the shadow. Ask your installer to have the projectors a bit more outward so that the beam does not get cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5612019)
The aiming of the projectors seems wrong otherwise the throw of these projectors is pretty good. Align the beam by pulling up the projectors (from the front side lens) so that the lower part of the beam starts around 5 ft from the car.
I have a feeling that your bumper is also obstructing the upper beam and that is causing the shadow. Ask your installer to have the projectors a bit more outward so that the beam does not get cut.

Thanks for your views!
Will share it with the installer as well.

Just had a word with Amit from Blaze.
He told me perhaps, the projectors were installed upside down.
Amit said that the bottom part (which should go down) is the area from which the wires come out.
I had this very same doubt when they were being installed - How does the installer know which side is up? I kept my trap shut, but if that is the case then I should be kicking my backside !!!!

Amit also shared a neat video to check the levelling of the units. I am not too sure, how to share a video here but then if and so required will do so.
Must say, Amit is quite a good chap to deal with. Quite helpful. Though I haven't picked up the units from him, he was more than willing to help.

So, have shared the pics with the installer as well. Going there in the evening to rectify it.
Just get a creeping feeling that - though these things are installed by someone else (supposedly competent ones) but it does absolute sense to first get to know yourself, how and in which correct way to instal. There are numerous forums and YouTube videos and of course Team-BHP to aid.
Otherwise, it always ends up in a second / third visit and not to mention enduring the heartburn of the brutal yanking of the front bumper - again.

Hopefully lesson learnt!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5612019)

So finally job done.
I did check (as Amit from Blaze had asked whether the unit was installed upside down). Thankfully it wasn't.
The installer yanked the front bumper again, and did some more filing at both sides. There is an adjustable bracket with Allen screws, which is used to fit the projectors on to the bumper. Apparently, the levelling was only the issue.
So he adjusted to form a proper U-pattern and this was the result

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_4858.jpg

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_4859.jpg

Went for a short drive post this in the evening. And saw a number of pedestrians who were walking past the car, blinded by the projectors and trying to shield their eyes.
So went back again and ensured that the projectors are levelled down a bit.
All in all, pretty happy with the result. It appears that the projectors are enough to light the road ahead!!
Will test it more in the coming weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roark (Post 5613139)
Went for a short drive post this in the evening. And saw a number of pedestrians who were walking past the car, blinded by the projectors and trying to shield their eyes.
So went back again and ensured that the projectors are levelled down a bit.
All in all, pretty happy with the result. It appears that the projectors are enough to light the road ahead!!
Will test it more in the coming weeks.

How are the M617 Bi LEDs performing in fog? I am planning to install these in my Jimny Zeta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh (Post 5694754)
How are the M617 Bi LEDs performing in fog? I am planning to install these in my Jimny Zeta.

Haven't tried it in foggy conditions as such. Under normal conditions on black top roads the white light does perform admirably though.