Team-BHP - Extra Brake Lights for lancer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Extra Brake Lights for lancer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22429-extra-brake-lights-lancer.html)

Hi

I am desperately looking for Extra Brake Light for my lancer. The 3rd Stop Light on the rear parcel tray cannot stay as I am putting a Subwoofer there, so it has to be on top (inside) of the rear windshield or on the trunk of the car......I am desperte to get a nice looking light that serves the purpose well as I have smoked tail lightsplease: H E L P

Thanks

saw this query just now...
u could consider fitting an OEM lancer spoiler with integrated stop lamp (paint it to match your ride). alternately, there are after-market stop lamps that you can fit at the top of your rear windshield (on the inside). the latter are fairly cheap and effective. but IMHO, a spoiler looks really nice, and the OEM lancer spoilers are pretty darn attractive.

You can get one from Hella.. They have a wide variety of these lights.

Godfather

Thanks Razor & Godfather.........got the aftermarket "inside the rear windshield light" for Rs. 450/- does the job effectively.

Thanks

One could also get the Tata Indigo's Center Mounted High Stop Lamp (CMHSL). Nice design, bright light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 433351)
One could also get the Tata Indigo's Center Mounted High Stop Lamp (CMHSL). Nice design, bright light.

But can those be fitted...I mean the angle of the glass will be different for both cars na??

By the way Is the 3rd lamp neccessary???

By the way I have an idea...But its tooo expensive...then the options available..

Get something like what come on the Mercs..Or new Accord..Brake light on the boot...Will definately make your different...hehehe..Ok oK I Know I need to get some sleep..stupid:

Nope, SRK. It doesn't have a housing / shroud, just a double row of LEDs. Was planning to go check it out one of these days.

The reason why the CHMSL is necessary is because of line of sight. Studies have shown that a driver's vision is most often focussed on the center of the road or vehicle ahead. Hence, it's better.

Also, now the CHSML now come as LEDs, which have a faster light up time than ordinary bulbs & are also brighter, thus decreasing the human reaction time - between the light hitting your retina, being decoded by your brain, causing your foot to shift to the brake pedal & modulating the subsequent pressure to be applied.

After that your braking system kicks in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 433351)

elf, i never knew you could be that serious, whats with the acronyms, sounds so stupid, CMHSL blah blah blah, BTW, mr.ricky_63, if you had a stop lamp installed at the bottom of the rear glass , what is stopping you from installing the same at the top. i had bought a similar stop lamp way back in 2002 for my M-1000 & had installed it in the bottom first & then changed it to the top or is it vice versa ? anyway what is the big deal, just change the location or get another one for 450 as you have just did. if that is not enough, get another one installed at the bottom too.

E_L, I didn't create that acronym, believe it or not.

Besides its just as stupid as A.B.S., T.C.S., A.Y.C., B.F.D. & B.O.V.

And A.S.S.

Nah, i believe you, but i love the ones starting with A or B, sounds sexy if you can be a bit imaginative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 433855)
The reason why the CHMSL is necessary is because of line of sight. Studies have shown that a driver's vision is most often focussed on the center of the road or vehicle ahead. Hence, it's better.

It also is helpful when you have a truck/bus following you. They are more likely to see the centrally HIGH mounted stop lamp instantaneously, which is a great boon during sudden braking.

mr.ricky_63, if you had a stop lamp installed at the bottom of the rear glass , what is stopping you from installing the same at the top. i had bought a similar stop lamp way back in 2002 for my M-1000 & had installed it in the bottom first & then changed it to the top or is it vice versa ? anyway what is the big deal, just change the location or get another one for 450 as you have just did. if that is not enough, get another one installed at the bottom too.[/quote]

@ esteem lover - The Stop light was moved from the lower end of the rear windscreen as a subwoofer was to be fitted there. The curve of the windshield was different at the top & bottom - hence the same light could not be used. I have now got a light fitted which serves the purpose. Thank you for your advice though.

Cheers