Team-BHP - Cladding for Tata Safari?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Cladding for Tata Safari? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22683-cladding-tata-safari-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 401972)
I second this and I even recomended to many of my friends but none got them price being the prime reason

Got a pic of this DC thing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 402018)
What's this carryboy thing for Safari? Can I peep at some pics?

Yup, check out Godfather's picture gallery.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 401853)
Get the Carryboy thing. It looks nothing like a bullbar, and suits the Safari perfectly.

Well, it still looks like its fixed on the chassis so would have the same problem as the bullbars? I think the issue Tanveer had with bullbars was the fact that they are mounted on the chassis.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 402018)
What's this carryboy thing for Safari? Can I peep at some pics?

See My BHP Garage.. The "Contraption" :) up front is CarryBoy..This is a Brand that makes bullbars and crashguards..
1. Cost 7.5K...
2. Weight Approx 15Kgs or less
3. Availability -- Any car accessories store.

Godfather

TSK wasnt looking at anything like bullbars.

The reason we don't want to go for bullbars is that bullbars compromise safety.
In case of even a small impact all the shock is transferred to the passengers as a bullbar bypasses the crumple zones. Apart from that in an impact which would have just damaged your bumper you end up with a busted chasis = Total loss.

Crumple zone? Does the Safari even have them?!

In case of an impact normally the bumper gets deformed, then the radiator shatters. Chasis gets an impact pretty late in the scene, no matter what vehicle.
If you have a bull bar, the chasis will be the first thing which will be hit. esp if your bull bar is heavy. So a light weight contraption is fine, but a heavy bull bar is no no. I will look into this carryboy thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 402027)
Got a pic of this DC thing?

it's quite similar to gd1418's profile pic..

Mine was done by DC..

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix (Post 402200)
it's quite similar to gd1418's profile pic..

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 402195)
If you have a bull bar, the chasis will be the first thing which will be hit.

Not to mention the bull-bar itself, which will also need repairs/ replacement. The bull-bar will help only in fender-benders.

Bull bar is cheap, even if its busted its okay, but I don't want the chassis to get busted.
gd, you got any better pics of your contraption so that I can see.
How much did it cost?
Any addresses?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 402188)
Crumple zone? Does the Safari even have them?!

Yes dear. Safari does have good crumple zones and it works

Some thing like this???

ImageShack - Hosting :: untitledhq8.png

yes! Something like this. Where to get this?

@tsk: This is "Carryboy" that is there on Godfather's car also.

There is another brand called "Hiker" which looks similar, but is more fragile. May be thats what you want: the bull-bar to break before it can transfer any impact to the chassis.