Team-BHP - Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/228651-rear-bumper-delete-silly-new-trend-catching-india-2.html)

If I see any such crap on Kerala roads, I will make it a point to complain to MVD, I'm sure they would be happy to help. Have not seen any such samples till date.

Spike

Is it just a coincidence that ALL the pictures in the first post are from Kerala?

Or guys there cant keep still from following "trends"?

No wonder the local administration is going all out to curb modifications of any kind there. I think these guys brought it on to themselves by going way overboard.

Ten people removing their bumpers is not a trend. Especially in Kerala where they can only click a photo, and then put the bumper back. Take these out on the road and you are asking for the MVD's sword to fall.

Worst case, its a trend. In photography.

After getting to know about this trend and going through this thread carmakers be like "Lets start offering rear bumpers as accessories and not as standard fitment and rebrand them as Car Boot Protector" stupid:

I haven't seen this on public roads in the past 6 months here in Kerala. I live near a garage which has a bunch of tastefully modified cars with some great sports cars thrown in between. Haven't seen this trend there too.

Even for lambos, this bumper delete could do more harm than good, even if it's only intended for the track. Most supercars have diffusers in the bumper to aid better aerodynamics and downforce. Removing them is not something the manufacturer has ever intended, unless alternate mods are done to compensate for the same.

The mass market cars pictured above with the bumper delete is the equivalent of a man showing his rear in it's raw glory. Absolutely disgusting.

The Lamborghini owner should be fined for this would someone want to show off its exhaust system or the car; you have got a nice car keep it that way. We all love to see expensive super cars in India and I am happy that there are people who can afford them but at what cost, safety? No thank you! Now other mass market car owners have taken inspiration from it! It’s a serious safety issue since after you remove the rear bumper where do the rear parking sensors and camera go and not to forget of the protruding parts of the car that would have been covered by the bumper. They could really hurt someone in a bad accident.

For a change the cars look quite nice with the rear bumpers deleted. It gives quite a sophisticated look to the car particularly that red Baleno. I might get this done on my car too now. Nice catch guys, else I would have missed this trend here up north.

I'm out of words

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-4flqa0hejp651.jpg

Usually Keralites have good taste in car mods. But this doesn't suit their taste. However these kind of half naked front bumpers spruce up the macho looks. Image courtesy: From official review of t-bhp

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-mux-front-bumper.jpg

I guess this is the equivalent of torn jeans in the car world :uncontrol

When I see youngsters with torn jeans, I always think, "Poor girl/guy, can't afford proper clothes". Same here lol:

All it will take is one rear end mishap at a traffic light for this hideous trend to stop :lol:

The "exclusivity" rat race in the supercar scene in India is going a bit mental. Just wish people focused on speccing their cars nice to be exclusive rather than resort to the ugly and borderline dangerous exclusions.

:Frustrati

Such a stupid trend in India for some of the small cars especially.

The safety of the rear occupants is seriously compromised.

Stupid.. stupid.. stupid..

A bumper delete on these mass-market cars don’t make any sense, not even aesthetically! They just ruin any and all safety you’ve got at the back and make these cars look ugly.
It only makes sense if you’ve got a twin-turbo kit or a beautiful exhaust to show off. Works beautifully with Huracan’s and R8’s only IMO.

Here are some good examples:

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-7a4392bf165844fd9c53bbf38ed5ed53.jpeg

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-08261e2b747148c1a1453c57df5df1f2.jpeg

lol. These cars look very badly driven and the bumper fallen off somewhere along the road. :uncontrol

It’s good to have your car stand out of the rest. But sad to see to what extent people go.

Tasteless. Period.

Unless the bumper is being removed to create better cooling (the baleno, swift and innova aren't even rear or mid engined cars) or to help with the approach angle, this mod is quite useless.