Team-BHP - Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Military Green not allowed for private vehicles? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/23447-military-green-not-allowed-private-vehicles-4.html)

@Sudarshan : Thanks for taking time and sharing the information.

I dont know the situation in Bangalore.
My bullet was done up in sort of a Military green color (3M - if not the exact shade). I had a tough time convincing the RTO at Kerala that it wasn't the exact military shade for him to nod for the FC.
Here is a pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeva (Post 2060410)
I dont know the situation in Bangalore.
My bullet was done up in sort of a Military green color (3M - if not the exact shade). I had a tough time convincing the RTO at Kerala that it wasn't the exact military shade for him to nod for the FC.
Here is a pic.

Do you use this bike in Kerala or Karnataka? Also have you still maintained the same colour? How much did you have to spend to convince the RTO guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chethan.ram (Post 2056982)
@Sudarshan : Thanks for taking time and sharing the information.

Was about to Update my books & bumped on this thread ,anyway going to update soon ( specially the motor vehicles act & other related rules ) & will try & find more material for you people .

We dont take Law seriously till we get involved in to something .It becomes very nasty if you are at the wrong side of the Law.

Yours Sudarshan

I dont think there should be any such rule...Tata safari sells in Military Green kind of color out of the showroom itself...

Update: Just saw the post from Sudarshan. So olive green seems banned. Dont know what do they call the "Mountain" Green in which the 2.2 Safari Sells.

So I suppose this gentleman is on the wrong side of the law...

Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-car-nh58.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by chethan.ram (Post 2060430)
Do you use this bike in Kerala or Karnataka? Also have you still maintained the same colour? How much did you have to spend to convince the RTO guys?

The bike is with me in Bangalore from 2003. I use it here and the occasional rides to neighboring states. The painting was done in 2006.
No, I did not bribe the RTO. I had to carry 3Ms paint brochure along to convince him.
It all depends on the RTO. Recently a friend of mine had restored a MM540 and was denied FC, because he was running on negative offset alloys.:)

my jeep got renewed FC only after some compromises.i had to put some lengthy stickers on sides

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudarshan (Post 2056632)
Dear All ,please have a look at the book. ( The LAW ). And experts please clarify if thease provisions still stand today.

This is section 121 of Central motor vehicles rules ( chapter 5 )
Attachment 418540
Attachment 418541
Attachment 418542

Thease are Maharashtra rules
Attachment 418543
Attachment 418544

yours Sudarshan

Note :Copyright of original Publisher

Central Motor Vehicle Rules,1989,Rule 121. It is the law and yes it is in force. No need for doubt.

For all of those who think that you are not on the wrong side of the law by not adhering to rule 121, Think again. There are many laws which are not adhered to and for which no one seems to get penalised. But it doesn't mean that since no one gets caught, Its not the law.

For instance do you know that you can get fined for running on bald tyres where the tread wear indicators are level with the blocks on the tyre? And ever heard of any one being fined for that offence.

Not only is it against the law but also puts you in an embarrassing situation in case you get caught. My father was earlier in the army and his last posting was in Bhopal where the Military Police was very active in stopping jeeps/gypsies (Bhopal has lot many of them) in military olive green/camouflage color passing by from the Cantonment. They would stop them and deflate all four tyres!!:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipinmohan (Post 2063396)
my jeep got renewed FC only after some compromises.i had to put some lengthy stickers on sides

Thats a nice looking Jeep, mind sharing what stickers you had to put so that others can benifit from the knowledge please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by petroheadd (Post 2758217)
Thats a nice looking Jeep, mind sharing what stickers you had to put so that others can benifit from the knowledge please:

please see this photo showing the jeep with white & yellowstickers

Then this Gypsy's owner is definitely breaking the law. Belong's to a friend's friend. I told him that he's going to be very popular with the local cops.

To be fair, it's not exactly military green and it's matte-finished as well, but I doubt if the police will buy that logic.

Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-imag0742.jpg

I feel the rule is very much there.

Some months ago, Mumbai had some brand new garbage trucks which incidentally were painted in military green. The RTO took objection and the trucks had to be painted in a different shade of green.

I guess military green is prohibited for use on personal vehicles. That's precisely the reason why RE doesn't sell military green cl500 only in India!