Team-BHP - AC for Jeep
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   AC for Jeep (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/24101-ac-jeep.html)

Hello all,
Iam new to this.Congrats all mods n members on having such a wonderful forum.Exceptional -no other words to describe

Iam from Chennai.I always wanted to have a Jeep.But the problem is Ac cant be fitted in a short chase willys jeep.I have found out a jeep 4*4 with original International engine ( will throw it away n go for something else - suggestions welcome)...but can AC be fitted into short chase jeep.Even if i send some extra bucks on having a gud quality soft top.Will ac work?

Or shuld I go for Gypsy or Sierra instead of jeep?( if anyone has pics of sierra or gysy modified lemme know...ty)

pls help me out with this Ac thing or whichever vehicle u suggest..

thnx a ton

Of course an air-con can be fitted onto the SWB Jeep; I have successfully fitted a Sierra a/c in my Classic. Key areas to watch out for

1. Does the engine leave room for components? Its a tight engine bay.

2. You will need a good fabricator for adding some metal parts.

3. You will need to upgrade the cooling system.

My Jeep is currently in the garage. If you wish, send me a PM and I will send you pictures once it is back.

Well.if we have to fix ac..shuld we make it as hard top...?
or does anyone have ac with soft tops?...
some suggestions please..ty

GTO: Even I have the same question...my stage II for the jeep will be A/C and a good music system

Can you give some info on what fabrications you did to get the A/C Installed...i understand the engine bay problem and myself is concerned about it...after plonking in a the bolero engine, air filter, Mahindra Van radiator and Disk brake boosters the bay is completly jam packed...

Hi madbullram

I will put up pictures of the air-con and music system installation once my Jeep is back.

Best place to put the sound system is in the glovebox, with the speaker box under the rear seats. Conceal the wiring and no one will know that the open jeep has a stereo. The stereo in my Lancer got flicked (auto-cop and all) but the Jeep, which was parked right next, was untouched.

Hi svthuhil,

Yes you can have an AC in a SWB jeep..with a soft top..but the cooling may not be as effective as the Hardtop..There are some SWB jeeps available in Chennai..PM me and i'll let you know..

A good engine would be the Isuzu G1 or so . This engine is far more refined than th Mahindra and can be mated to the mahindra gearbox..NVH is reduced to a great extent and is fun to drive too..

hi all, i own a mahindra540,4wd,soft top[its modded]surprised?? will surely be putting the pictures very soon,anyway,the question is about the a/c , can i fit a maruthi 800 a/c??will it affect the performance or will the a/c get damaged in the bargain??

gto-i am planning to fit a pioneer in my jeep, but was confused where to place it, now that you mentioned about the glove box, i think it would be ideal, but one question, will it get over heated in a closed glove box?

I had to cut the glovebox at the rear to accomodate my Pioneer HU. I guess that took care of the cooling (rear is open now).