Team-BHP - Replacing Tyres 195/60 R15 With 215/75 R15 in Ford Fusion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Replacing Tyres 195/60 R15 With 215/75 R15 in Ford Fusion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/24612-replacing-tyres-195-60-r15-215-75-r15-ford-fusion.html)

Hi Guys!

I am looking forward to feasibility of replacing 195/60 R15 (Tubeless) with 215/75 R15 BF GoodRich All-Terrain in Ford Fusion.

Do you have any clue if it is possible ?? If yes, what all changes are required to fit 215/75 R15 in Ford Fusion??

It will be great if you can provide details of workshop who can do this for me in Bangalore.
Looking for your valuable inputs.

Cheers
Jatinder

That's totally a wrong size. It will not work without major suspension mods.

I don't even think those tyres will fit in the wheel well. The max on the 15" rims should be 205/55-15.

Mr Singh..!

That size is absolutely wrong n if u get that done your Fusion will become taller than Safari.
anyways how did u calculate that upsize?

am loving it singh is king,,,
well i too drive fusion,, that size is wrong, will update you about the right size in a while, let me calculate
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay

Absolutely wrong size....You can look at 205/55/R15. Also make sure you get the alloys (if any)with correct PCD, cos this is different in Ford cars from other cars

i think he mean 55 instead of 75? could be a typo?

Increase in aspect ratio with increasing width....on the same size rim....

It will be interested to know, how did u arrive to that figure??? I hope u meant 55 instead of 75

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude (Post 453933)
well i too drive fusion,, that size is wrong, will update you about the right size in a while, let me calculate

Upsizes for Fusion
205/55 R 15

215/45-16
195/50-16
205/50-16

205/45-17
215/45-17
Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilashvk (Post 453937)
Absolutely wrong size....You can look at 205/55/R15. Also make sure you get the alloys (if any)with correct PCD, cos this is different in Ford cars from other cars

I think he's only planning for tyre upgrade n he must having 15" steel rims or stock alloys depending on what model he has
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheap_deal (Post 453939)
i think he mean 55 instead of 75? could be a typo?

I also hope so but Mr Singh has mentioned about All terrain SUV tires which i dont think would be of 55 profile

Mods : Pls shift the thread to tire section

[quote=kpzen;453961]Upsizes for Fusion

205/45-17
215/45-17

Well am also leaning towards, at the same time i love fusion suspension its far better than swift, if i get into 17, i guess it will effect my comfort driving wt say???

no i really dont think he got it wrong...he wants to increase the ground clearance and make it a sort of off roader.thats what i can interpret from his post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by singhisking (Post 453875)
Hi Guys!

I am looking forward to feasibility of replacing 195/60 R15 (Tubeless) with 215/75 R15 BF GoodRich All-Terrain in Ford Fusion.

Do you have any clue if it is possible ?? If yes, what all changes are required to fit 215/75 R15 in Ford Fusion??

It will be great if you can provide details of workshop who can do this for me in Bangalore.
Looking for your valuable inputs.

Cheers
Jatinder

Your car would then qualify as an off-roader :confused: EXCEPT the tyres will not fit the wheel well.......kindly fo to Tires & Wheels - 1010tires.com the absolute tire and wheel authority and check the right upsize:)

[I think he's only planning for tyre upgrade n he must having 15" steel rims or stock alloys depending on what model he has]
I thought the new Fusion came only in one variant - only with steel rims...Unless he is talking about a used one !

Oops!! I think my question was not much relevant. OK let me revel the secret of asking this question. I am actually having a Gypsy which is having 215/70 R15 All Terrain, now when I decided to move to Fusion I though I will get some work done and fit the same set here in fusion coz All Terrain is really a rocking set of tyres...and that why I shoot-ed this question... Seems, there is absolutely no chance to get those tyres in Fusion... but my special thanks to Ricky_63 for suggesting me a website to find out more about these upgrades. Thanks guys :)

I am waiting for more suggestions..Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by singhisking (Post 454911)
Oops!! I think my question was not much relevant. OK let me revel the secret of asking this question. I am actually having a Gypsy which is having 215/70 R15 All Terrain, now when I decided to move to Fusion I though I will get some work done and fit the same set here in fusion coz All Terrain is really a rocking set of tyres...and that why I shoot-ed this question... Seems, there is absolutely no chance to get those tyres in Fusion... but my special thanks to Ricky_63 for suggesting me a website to find out more about these upgrades. Thanks guys :)

I am waiting for more suggestions..Cheers!

Did you finally change your tyres. I am planning to upgrade my Fusion tyres. Considering Yoko Sdrive 205/55 R15. Any suggestions/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My tires are up for replacement. I need some help deciding.

Now I have Falken PT722, but have been unhappy with the road grip despite decent thread depths.

Based on my check with a few dealers in Bangalore, the choices I seem to have are: Yokohama ES100 & Earth1; Apollo ACELERE (TL); Continental CPC2; Michelin XM2.

Are there any other tires in the 205/60 R15 size that are available in India? I had already upsized, so don't want to change sizes if I can help it.

If I were looking for good grip on bad roads with strong sidewalls, what are my best options? I don't mind road noise.