Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2022, 20:56   #1
BHPian

Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review

MODS: Since I have multiple topics to cover decided to create a new thread, please feel free to merge if this does not adhere to forum rules.

My Innova had basic touchscreen with Bluetooth and mirror link facility and the unit was Unplug brand. I am not an ICE guy, this set up was enough for me, but not having Google Map was a bother. Decided to check the options in the market. Visited three shops and everything was flooded with local Chinese sets. If you need decent unit, it starts with Unplug brand, then Pioneer, Sony and other reputed brands. Unplug unit came with Andriod, front and back recording cam for 20K. But the screen is 10inch and separate panel was required to fit that into Innova. I did not want to do that, noting wrong with it, I just did not want to fiddle with original setup. Then checked Sony and Pioneer and these unit comes with Anrdiod auto and Carplay only.

Decided to go with Poineer because the dealer uses the same in his Innova and showed me the unit in his car and for any claims, he said I can just bring the set to him, not need to run around looking for service centre.

Installation took about half an hour, I already had back camera in the car, so everything was pretty much plug and play. Screen quality is much better than previous Unplug system, sound clarity is better, super smooth interface and happy with my purchase. Andriod Auto works flawlessly, using Google Map on a regular basis, I can play Youtube if I wanted, for music, I use Amazon. It also supports USB. Damage to my wallet is 24K.

Box
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-1660832294368.jpg

Reverse camera. Clarity is actually good, my mobile cam is crappy

Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_183908.jpg

Map
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_184150.jpg

Music
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_184250.jpg

Home Screen
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_184333.jpg

Second upgrade was the headlight bulb. My Innova have aftermarket headlight unit and the light throw was nothing but pathetic, I needed a torch to see anything on the road at night. Had the bulb removed and it was holding a normal 55 watt halogen bulb and though projector lens it was just not throwing light properly. Went with Genome 110w projector lens light and the result is amazing. Many saying, LED is not useful when it rains, I have not had any issues even at rainy nights, maybe because it is 110w and it can still manage to throw enough light. I changed only low beam lights, this headlight unit comes with double bulb setup, once for low beam and other for high beam. I changed only low beam and will change high beam later. Damage to my wallet is 6K.

Box
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_192208.jpg

Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_192218.jpg

Lights off
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_191147.jpg

Lights on, car is parked to the side of the road
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220818_191152.jpg

Parked
Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-img_20220610_213323.jpg

Last update is, ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses, at night opposite vehicles throwing high beam light is a common issue in India. Earlier my eyes could take it and now the high beam giving my eyes strain and if I drive for long it starts giving me headache and I had to do something about it. Got ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses and I am not gonna say it will work for everyone, for each person the results could be different, so please don’t go and purchase this based on my feedback. I did not feel any mind-blowing difference at first, when high beam light starts hitting I was not feeling the strain anymore. I am no more frowning and that is what I exactly wanted and I can drive for hours at night now. Damage to my wallet is 3K.

ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses

Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review-1660832572010.jpg

Last edited by jonesanto : 18th August 2022 at 21:07. Reason: Wrong sections
jonesanto is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 13:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review

Would you mind sharing the address/details of the place you went to?
kiredd1005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 14:06   #3
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: Android Auto, LED bulb upgrade and ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesanto View Post
Damage to my wallet is 3K.

ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses
Are these the same ones which you have? Amazon

You mentioned night driving ones, but aren't these Blue Light filter lenses? Their driving lenses seem to be different. Zeiss India.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Good thread. I went for 3m film for front windshield. That has helped me handle the incoming high beans to a good extent. Negative of that is the cabin looks darker from front. Cops might catch in future!
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 14:19   #5

Drive safe lenses based glasses works very well, i paid 2500 for mine last year and have been satisfied in using them so far. A worthy choice for any night driver.
Apy_Vlogs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 14:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesanto View Post
Decided to go with Poineer because the dealer uses the same in his Innova and showed me the unit

Reverse camera. Clarity is actually good, my mobile cam is crappy

Second upgrade was the headlight bulb.
Impressive sir. I am looking for doing the same for my 2013 Innova. I have the following questions:
a. Where did you go to get the Pioneer fitted.
b. Reverse camera - does your Innova not already have a reverse camera? I ask because I have one already and was wondering if the unit could connect to the already existing camera?
c. Where did you get the head light bulb upgraded? Was it all done at the same place?
Many thanks in advance for your advise on this.
Regards, Balaji
Bsimhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:47   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiredd1005 View Post
Would you mind sharing the address/details of the place you went to?
I got this from Kerala, I searched the price for the same in Amazon and it is pretty much the same for ICE and Headlights. You can purchase it online too and get it installed from a reputed shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Are these the same ones which you have?
Hi, I got mine from Myntra because the glass was out of stock in Amazon,
here is the link:
https://www.amazon.in/Intellilens-Du...s%2C231&sr=8-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsimhan View Post
I have the following questions:
a. Where did you go to get the Pioneer fitted > I purchased and got the installation done from Kerala. You can buy it from Amazon for the same price and get it installed from a reputed shop.

b. Reverse camera - does your Innova not already have a reverse camera? I ask because I have one already and was wondering if the unit could connect to the already existing camera?

Yes, my Innova had back camera, so to the Poineer set, I just had to plug the unit. And yes, the unit can be connected to the already existing camera and it also supports steering volume controls.

c. Where did you get the head light bulb upgraded? Was it all done at the same place?

I got the ICE and headlights from the same shop and got it installed from them. For both installation 500rs was charged.

Thanks
jonesanto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Are these the same ones which you have? Amazon

You mentioned night driving ones, but aren't these Blue Light filter lenses? Their driving lenses seem to be different. Zeiss India.

The one in the link which you shared is of 695/- but the same seller has another product of price 3199/- Here is the Link
cdmanju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks