Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 01:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
They need to hire me. I'll set these designs straight. They're good, but they're not perfect. I personally wouldn't want my cars like that.
hire you to design the cars the way you want?

no offense, but most probably they are designed how the owner's wanted them.
Old 8th July 2007, 02:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post

no offense here also.. but the owner can be educated to suit better result than making his car like a bad sticker job. like loud and bold.
Old 8th July 2007, 03:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

IMHO the Mivec lancer looks too good.
Civic would have looked much better with different alloys but still the body kit is awesome.!
Old 8th July 2007, 04:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
hire you to design the cars the way you want?

The owners are usually nouveau-riche people with money and some taste, but not a great deal of the latter. My take is on the designs of these cars. The money that is spent on their 'improvement' usually leads to structural changes that aren't amazingly amazing to look at. Most just include a few skirts here and there, with the addition of some mega ICE and alloys. When it comes to body panels, the designs are not amazing. Then, my god, then comes the vinyl, which usually leads to a tacky final result.

Having a VERY strong idea of car designs, I'm sure I could produce a more elegant yet sporty final result, which is what I'm sure every owner has in mind in the first place. The owner may have wanted a two door Lancer, but what I see is simply a bad rear boot job, front end job and an average door reduction.

Autopsyche cars I do like is that matt-black Swift (very well done) and this yellow Mitsubishi 3000 GTO. There was also the Skoda Octavia in red, though it went a little overboard with it's vinyls.

I commend the effort involved, but I am certain in terms of design, there is still scope for improvement.
Old 8th July 2007, 05:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to barge in, but as far as "designing" is concerned, i would start by saying.... to each his own. Color choices vary, contours that appeal every person vary, there could be a thousand different reasons to like or dislike something. There are people who love bangled bmws and people who loathe them. As far as aftermarket bodywork is concerned... two classic examples, DC Design (Indian) and Veilside (International) both come up with very unconventional designs, its upto the people who are eventually using the product to decide whats good and whats not.

These two cars posted here (thanks to prateek), are again totally customized by the customers where the paintwork, wheels, interiors, hoods, boot and accessories are concerned - The way they like it. The bodykits are more or less of a combined idea about what a customer wants and what i would like to deliver from my portfolio. I take full credit and full responsibility for any product we design/manufacture.

What it really is that its all about personal opinions, like aniguchisan said, he likes the swift but doesnt like the lancer... and there would be a few who would feel exactly the opposite! Hence a dialogue upon "how to design" or "what looks better" can never have a definitive answer. There will be hundreds of different opinions and you cant follow all of them. We just have to stick with our ideas and implement them. So in the end, im happy if the customer is happy... Cheers
Old 8th July 2007, 10:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Sorry to barge in, but as far as "designing" is concerned, i would start by saying.... to each his own. Color choices vary, contours that appeal every person vary, there could be a thousand different reasons to like or dislike something. There are people who love bangled bmws and people who loathe them. As far as aftermarket bodywork is concerned... two classic examples, DC Design (Indian) and Veilside (International) both come up with very unconventional designs, its upto the people who are eventually using the product to decide whats good and whats not.

These two cars posted here (thanks to prateek), are again totally customized by the customers where the paintwork, wheels, interiors, hoods, boot and accessories are concerned - The way they like it. The bodykits are more or less of a combined idea about what a customer wants and what i would like to deliver from my portfolio. I take full credit and full responsibility for any product we design/manufacture.

What it really is that its all about personal opinions, like aniguchisan said, he likes the swift but doesnt like the lancer... and there would be a few who would feel exactly the opposite! Hence a dialogue upon "how to design" or "what looks better" can never have a definitive answer. There will be hundreds of different opinions and you cant follow all of them. We just have to stick with our ideas and implement them. So in the end, im happy if the customer is happy... Cheers
Arush, well said. Waise, having seen the car often I must comment the photos are lousy. They do no justice to the actual.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Civic looks from Mars, I liked the Lancer much better....
Old 8th July 2007, 10:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

I just loooooveee that Lancer,
IMO one of the best Autopsyched cars yet!!!, Im not a big fan of the 2 door conversion but the rest of it is just DROOOLL.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Having a VERY strong idea of car designs, I'm sure I could produce a more elegant yet sporty final result, which is what I'm sure every owner has in mind in the first place.
Can we see some of your work Ani?

Autopsyche:

I do not know much about mods, but how difficult/easy (cost and effort) is it to elongate the front door to make it look like a proper coupe instead of what you have done to this car which is to just seal the rear doors. IMO,The beauty of a coupe is in its extra long doors making it look sporty and also entry and exit become easy.
Old 8th July 2007, 10:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Oh actually mayavi, we have elongated the front door by 3 inches! It could be done even more but we felt this would suffice because the door line is still following the pillar line, except that it is now futher back towards the pillar where the rear door was.
Old 8th July 2007, 14:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The owners are usually nouveau-riche people with money and some taste, but not a great deal of the latter.
That's a harsh generalization... there are plenty of people around the country, many of them on this forum, who have excellent "taste" in the conventional sense. There are of course quite a few who lack this, as you pointed out, and their vehicles are not appreciated by all and sundry -as the "Weird and wacky mod jobs" thread would indicate.
Having said all that, I would agree with Arush that in the end it is the satisfaction of the owner that is paramount.... what we feel about it doesn't really matter much.

Taste is very subjective, and I don't think anyone should be denouncing someone else's just because it doesn't match their own.
For example, I do not like the bling bling chrome wheels with spinners but there are thousands of people around the world who do. Different tastes.

Quote:
Having a VERY strong idea of car designs, I'm sure I could produce a more elegant yet sporty final.
How about sharing some your creations with us? We would love to take a look

@Arush: my 2 cents about the door job. While the finish is nice, maybe you could think about shifting the door handle back a bit along with the door. Will take a bit of doing, but the end result will be worth it IMHO.
Old 8th July 2007, 18:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

I do not know much about mods, but how difficult/easy (cost and effort) is it to elongate the front door to make it look like a proper coupe instead of what you have done to this car which is to just seal the rear doors. IMO,The beauty of a coupe is in its extra long doors making it look sporty and also entry and exit become easy.[/quote]

@ Mayavi
IMHO - Elongating the front door beyond a point would mean moving the B-Pillar - which I think would lead to serious structural issues for the body shell. Not something you wanna mess with.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 8th July 2007 at 18:05.
Old 8th July 2007, 20:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Arush, well said. Waise, having seen the car often I must comment the photos are lousy. They do no justice to the actual.
Yup, I saw pictures of the concept Mivec in one of the tbhp meet threads nd it looked wayy better.

btw I just noticed the car now has a spoiler. IMO that doesnt really gel with the design and looks kinda out of place, other than that WOW. I really love this car.
Old 8th July 2007, 21:38   #29
BHPian

As usual Arush has kept our jaws wide open..Crazy Bro Crazy..Just loved the way you place your hands on the Lancer's..A very unique look with the help of the tail-lights.

Niki.
Old 8th July 2007, 21:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Mmmmmmmmm.. Civic is a sight for the senses.. IMO, the mods bring out the "real" civic.. a la UK spec one, with the jewel grille.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks