Team-BHP - Skirts for OHC VTEC Type II.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Skirts for OHC VTEC Type II. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/26285-skirts-ohc-vtec-type-ii.html)

Hi all,
I wanted to know some details about adding skirts to my car. The VTEC just feels empty without skirts.

Is Honda providing skirts for type II citys? Will it be expensive?

If so should I go for it or opt for aftermarket/locally made skirts?How much will these aftermarket skirts cost (I intend to put skirts on all 4 sides)?

What are the disadvantages (if any) of adding skirts to a car?

aftermarket skirtings(all 4 sides) usually cost around 5-6k with paint.the only downside is that the ground clearance reduces on the sides.so if you have a big speedbreaker,these might touch.

Hellspawn, where do you get skirtings for 6k for all four sides?

Vishnu, skirts for all four sides and grill should cost you about 15-25k with paint. If you have any custom design then too they should be able to fabricate it for you. There is a guy in Coimbatore who does a really nice job, and his rates are better than Kitup and quality of work is as good. Kindly PM me for further details.

The only downsides are the low ground clearance. Advantages are you car will soon be a chick magnet, if it already isn't :D . If not, it will still maybe make it to our "Weird and Wacky Thread". Lol.

[quote=vishnuvijay;498340]Hi all,

If so should I go for it or opt for aftermarket/locally made skirts?How much will these aftermarket skirts cost (I intend to put skirts on all 4 sides)?

Hi Vishnu,

If you are interested I have a set of skirts(4 pcs) for sale which I had removed from my Vtec. They are in perfect condition and have them painted black and are lying packed.

PM me if interested.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 498603)

Vishnu, skirts for all four sides and grill should cost you about 15-25k with paint. If you have any custom design then too they should be able to fabricate it for you. There is a guy in Coimbatore who does a really nice job, and his rates are better than Kitup and quality of work is as good. Kindly PM me for further details.

The only downsides are the low ground clearance. Advantages are you car will soon be a chick magnet, if it already isn't :D . If not, it will still maybe make it to our "Weird and Wacky Thread". Lol.

yeah mclaren, the guy u mentioned has contacted me in pm. i don't intend to have big skirts for my car. it has to be simple and plain.

:) no, it won't make it to our "Weird and Wacky Thread". hehehehe

[quote=viper;498647]
Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnuvijay (Post 498340)
Hi all,

Hi Vishnu,

If you are interested I have a set of skirts(4 pcs) for sale which I had removed from my Vtec. They are in perfect condition and have them painted black and are lying packed.

PM me if interested.

Viper

hi viper, do you have pics of the skirts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 498603)

in noida,delhi.these are specifically made designs for the zen,ohc,lancer and esteem.im not really sure if they are with paint or without paint.rest assured that you will get all 4 skirtings within 8k...guaranteed.

Hi Vishnu,

Even I felt that the OHC feels empty without skirts. But let me tell you, its a pain to maintain. Even a small bump on the bumper will chip off the paint from the edges and it won't look sexy anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 499730)
Hi Vishnu,

Even I felt that the OHC feels empty without skirts. But let me tell you, its a pain to maintain. Even a small bump on the bumper will chip off the paint from the edges and it won't look sexy anymore.

thats why i'm confused. i hear many scary stuffs about skirts.

does honda company have skirts for the type II city. they sure have got spoilers.

They have skirts IMHO, but its costs the earth at Rs. 16000 or so.

yaa maintaining skirts is a big pain ..look at youself i was also suffered.But what ever it looks good and feels great for the sporty look:)
Linky:orkut - Login
orkut - Login
cheers.

Ramie

Hi guys, reviving an old thread because I am looking at getting skirts for my 2002 OHC sometime around June.

Any good places to recommend in Bangalore?