Team-BHP - Need a engine
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Need a engine (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27963-need-engine.html)

Hello all,

Is it possible to get a 5 litre V8 in Mumbai ?

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome
Sakharam

Be more specific and give more detail. Do you need it for a Model T or a formula car or for running a generator? Why cant it be a 4.7 or 5.3 liter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakharamcool (Post 542010)
Hello all,

Is it possible to get a 5 litre V8 in Mumbai ?

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome
Sakharam

You interested in a 5 litre V-8 off a Merc W-126 500sel? I could ask if its still available. It was a few weeks ago. No gearbox, only engine.

Just get a crate engine along with gearbox and differential from a reputed engine manufacturer in the US.
Just plug n play from there. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 542213)
Just plug n play from there. :)

into what can it be put.

Yeah, sure, plug it to where and play where - in a straight line?

a 5L V8? what are u planning on bulding? a plane?

there where talks of V8 powered cars for speed run last time around by tuners[indian chasis gypsis,etc]..so may be Sakharam wants to compete with them....Any ways just want to know how much would a crate motor with gear box and diff..cost to get to india....including duties.

Hi,

Would depend. Cost could vary from say Rs4,00,000/- onwards depending on the actual size/make of the motor and shipping route(air/sea).

Viper

will the engine be brought down as junk through the customs and how are the usual jap engines the twin cam,b16 etc brought down and how much is the duties and if you are importing from America i suggest you go for a alluminium engine since its would weigh less and the shipping would cost less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 542410)
will the engine be brought down as junk through the customs and how are the usual jap engines the twin cam,b16 etc brought down and how much is the duties and if you are importing from America i suggest you go for a alluminium engine since its would weigh less and the shipping would cost less.

Hi,

That information would best be given by the importers themselves. i doubt they would want to share the same on a forum. As regards the aluminium engine saving freight I dont think that will matter as the saving if at all would be negligible.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 542442)
Hi,
As regards the aluminium engine saving freight I dont think that will matter as the saving if at all would be negligible.

Viper

i was talking about the weight difference and so that would affect the shiping or air charges.
cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 542448)
i was talking about the weight difference and so that would affect the shiping or air charges.
cheers.

I am also referring to the same thing. After 100kgs freight is charged per/kg in slabs of either 25kg or 50kg(for eg.100 kgs - x rate. 150kgs - y , 200- z) so it will really not make any diff as the crate engines would be upwards of say 250-300kgs with gearbox and all.

Viper