Team-BHP - Esteem Carb 97. Getting it all fixed.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Esteem Carb 97. Getting it all fixed. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/29915-esteem-carb-97-getting-all-fixed.html)

Finally I am now going to get my Esteem Carb 97 fixed. I am very attached to it being first car i ever Drove. Previously I posted a lot about it but cudnt get things done. Havent been Using it for long. I drove it last 5 months back after getting new Head unit installed. I never got time to set it right because of hectic schedule. So now have to get it rightly serviced too.

Right now its in very bad shape will post pics once i click them today. It has all the scratches both bumpers are falling. Tail lights are broken. Front side lights too are broken. Windshield is all scratched (Started from a very tiny scratch). Suspension has gone for a trip. Side mirrors are not there anymore(I rem last time they were there.), Paint on Bonnet is Fading away to glory.. I love the car but am just very lazy. But not now.

I have already purchased
1. Taillights
2. Those big dicky lights attached with back lights esteem MPFI sports.
3. New Bumpers front back.(plannin to get them colored)
4 Front side lights(white)
5. Side mirrors (inside adjustable)
6. Original Esteem Wheel caps.
7. New syndicate wipers
8. Still confused about windshield, Dealer suggested ASI or FY??

Techical front
1. Engine oil Castrol
2. Brake Oil
3. Coolant Castrol
4. Air filter.
5. Another filter forgetting its name.
6. Gear Oil.
If anything missing plz let me know.
My mechanic suggested suspension to be done to. But i dont know how to go about it? Basically I want the car to look and feel good(ofcouse in cost effective way) becoz now my otherhalf will be using it for work. Dont like her travelling in Bus & Auto you knw:D ...
I need inputs from very experienced ppl here. Sometime back saw this another Esteem repair thread i was following it but then guy turned fake something like tht..Anyway.. Basically i need to know about Painting the bumper and bonet and about getting suspension.

BUMP its urgent guys. Waiting for your response.

Why dont you take it to an authorized Maruti workshop and seek their advice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 592001)
3. New Bumpers front back.(plannin to get them colored)
5. Another filter forgetting its name.

if you wish to paint the bumpers they might not look good with the faded paint on the body.

u forgot the fuel filter or the oil filter??

go for a complete paint job.get the suspension overhauled.

what colour is your car?

If suspension has gone for a toss ...
Then the things u need to be changed are
Struts, Tie-rod , Lower arms , shocks, bushes etc ...
This may set you aback by 10,000 Rs

pics pics pics..post some pics of the ride dude..

Getting work done on it today...Here are some pics....now am planning to get it converted into Type II...
Getting the Damn front bumper side lights changed.... I knw engine is too in bad shape have to get it washed too..

OLD Bumper

No Side light

Faded Bonnet I was talking about. Thinking of getting it replaced with type II bonnet along with both fenders.

Back side of the car Getting new lights and Bumper Fixed.

All the work that i planned till now is over. I will post more pictures of final thing tom. By the way plannin to get it painted with Type II Stuff which includes again new Bumpers for typeII, New fenders, New bonnet. Today i saw an esteem which is originally type I but it was dented and painted to be type III. Got inspired..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 593542)
If suspension has gone for a toss ...
Then the things u need to be changed are
Struts, Tie-rod , Lower arms , shocks, bushes etc ...
This may set you aback by 10,000 Rs

Hmmm.. Well what has to be done has to be done.. What brands should i buy above stuff??

Quote:

if you wish to paint the bumpers they might not look good with the faded paint on the body.

u forgot the fuel filter or the oil filter??

go for a complete paint job.get the suspension overhauled.

what colour is your car?
I know Thats why now planning to get it complete changed with fenders and bonnet and new paint....

may i sugest a bright color like passion red with a black hood...with body color bumpers

NICE!
This is my kind of a thread. :)
Project: Chip Foose
Gentleman,What we have here is a 10 year old esteem that needs our help to get back on its feet .
Somebody, tell me ,how can I help U?

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 594500)
Hmmm.. Well what has to be done has to be done.. What brands should i buy above stuff??

Go for MGP ... Gabriel shocks,

Well Now that the car is on its feet atleast as far as bumpers and everything were concerned. I wanna get my Engine right. I heard Magnatec Engine Oil from castrol is best. Besides that I need to get New Oil filter, Petrol filter too. Shall i get them on any brand??

And ya how much does overall car washing including engine cost?

Once engine is Fit enough i'll get bcak to Exterior Mods. (No Jhinchak Mods, I will only make it look like Type II esteem with Same body color as it already has)

How much does MGP shocks cost?

Thanks nitrous, for encouraging. Not getting much otherwise feel free to suggest changes.