Team-BHP - For my VTEC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   For my VTEC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30060-my-vtec.html)

Hey Guys , I want to Modify My New Honda City VTEC a bit. I wanted to Install ABS , Leather Seats , Xenons or LEDs , A Spoiler . Can You Please Advice Me on the Issue. 50000-60000 is my budget.

And The Modification is not final , depends on the Budget I put in front and then he decides

A budget of 50 to 60k and you want Xenon HIDs, ABS coupled with Leather Seats (covers?!) and a spoiler too? Uh, well... who gives you all that in this budget mate?

By the way retrofitted ABS? Who does that? I have never heard of this being done anywhere successfully... at least not in this country as yet.

Thats Why I Said Not Sure Whether Dad will allow , depends on the budget.
I think Autopsyche Does It not sure though. Ok Leaving Out Leather , can HIDS , ABS and a spoiler fit in around 50-60k

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 595146)
A budget of 50 to 60k and you want Xenon HIDs, ABS coupled with Leather Seats (covers?!) and a spoiler too? Uh, well... who gives you all that in this budget mate?

By the way retrofitted ABS? Who does that? I have never heard of this being done anywhere successfully... at least not in this country as yet.

Neither have I. I asked the people at HM, Honda and Ford... they all answered in the negative. But maybe that was just Calcutta...?

ABS aside, the other things on your list should be manageable in that budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo

Come to Chennai.
I've seen quite a few ABS conversions and drum-disk rear brake conversions.
Courtesy Electra Automotive. :)

hi,... you can count in the leather, spoiler and the HIDs - all with some one grade minus the top line quality kind of products.

ABS is a good option, but to retrofit involves a lot of expertise (i think you have not even imagined how much). PM 'viper'. he can help possibly. but polish your dad's boots and increase your budget.

all the best.

Even if you find someone to retrofit an ABS, I dont recommend it at all. The braking system is too crucial to have such an serious after-market modification to it.

i have seen ABS kits online but am not sure who will install them , my dad got some kits long time back but because no one could install them, the kits got screwed...
about xenons you can get a pair of bosch for 7-8 grands these days, leather seats about 20 grands...

what i suggest you is that you get a nice pair of alloys and tyres , free flow exhaust and Xenons..

Better not to have ABS installed outside. For the rest, I would perhaps skip the Xenons and go for better leather and perhaps a spoiler. This may fit in your budget. Xenon or LED can come later. Chrome exhaust too? (if not in the original fitment).

As everyone has recommended, leave out any critical system modifcations. Just stick to the eye-candy stuff.

You could review your decision about the spoiler too. At least I don't think a spoiler looks good on the NHC. Spend the cash on better tyres. It will improve braking.

OT: @abhinav, maybe I'm confused here - but do you have an OHC Vtec, NHC Vtec and also planning to buy a RS?

Good Leather Seats will alone cost you around 40000, HIDs will cost you another 20000, Spoiler from Honda costs 8000, ABS is not advised to be put afttermarket.

tell you what... get Stanley leathers, Good set of tyres and sun films (vkool or Llumar) ..they should enhance the looks of your city.. spoiler on NHC does not look good (think it already kinda come with the inbuilt mini-spoiler in the ZX variant)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 597196)
tell you what... get Stanley leathers, Good set of tyres and sun films (vkool or Llumar) ..they should enhance the looks of your city.. spoiler on NHC does not look good (think it already kinda come with the inbuilt mini-spoiler in the ZX variant)

The NHC Vtec comes with a factory-fitted spoiler. Looks pretty decent IMHO.
One of the biggest problems of the new Vtec is handling at high speeds. As some have suggested, go for a tyre upgrade which will make the car more stable, and possibly improve the looks as well. The Vtec comes with alloys, but you may think of upgrading these. You should get a good price from the tyre walla for your OE rims. Improved rubber+rims can make a world of difference to your car's looks... evidence aplenty on this forum.

Decent full leather seats (not top of the line) : ~25k
5 upsized tyres (~18k) minus selling price of good condition stock tyres (~10k) : ~8k
5 new alloys (~20k) minus selling price of OE alloys (~15k): ~5k

So that's approx 40k gone, leaving you with 10-20k in hand.

Honda OE lights are great (at least I have no complaints), so I don't see much need for xenons/led's, unless you really need the bling factor. HID kits come anywhere between 8 and 20k.

Let us know what you end up deciding!

Well I don't have the latest 10th gen honda city so no spoilers on mine. I want the ones without the break light. Not too sporty types like the ones you see in moded cars.
IF I change my tyre size i would go for 195 60 R14 and i don't think i would go for an alloy change. Though Not Sure.

Thinking about the following now.

Leather 25k-30k
Spoiler ( No Idea About Cost HELP. )
Neons( No Idea About Cost HELP)

and ya the tyre change is a completely different issue. Will Do That after car crosses 25 or 30k kms. Right Now has done almost 17k ( 100 short i think)