Team-BHP - What it takes to own a modded ride - Part II. The dark side!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   What it takes to own a modded ride - Part II. The dark side! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30275-what-takes-own-modded-ride-part-ii-dark-side-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 612911)
So much for a car that is now being eulogised in order to get back at someone.

Some memories are short. Like some people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Perhaps you would like to educate us on the condition of your Palio after it got back from Bangalore.

Chetta, gentlemen remain gentlemen, and they remain silent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 612778)
Please note this if you buy a Cessna later on in life

Lol, Ajit. This made my week.:uncontrol

@Randhawa, I have replied to your points in bold, where necessary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randhawa (Post 613063)
First of all, the SC are self contained unit in the sense of they dont need plumbing for oil into the pan and all that. From what I can see, SCs do need lubrication for their gears and bearings
Quote:

Vortech says to change the oil in Vortech-equipped vehicles every 3,000 miles. This ensures the cleanest possible oil lubricating the supercharger gears and bearings. Use the best quality oil filter you can buy, too.
Source

Their units are sealed and dont need servicing or oil change for min 50k. Yes there are SC units which do need plumbing but they are really the high end models.I don't understand. TCs don't need servicing, unless you bust something. And by plumbing, I assume you mean oil lines, which I've addressed before. SCs need intercooler plumbing as well, you know.

Very easy setup as no need to change/mod the E mainfold. Runs on your primary belt with just a long belt. Yes, but you need new crank pulleys and belts. And more space in your engine bay. TCs are more space-efficient.

If anything goes wrong, then just remove the unit and you get your car back to stock in no time. And what makes you think turbos are any different.

They are cheaper then the turbo units. Any descent turbo starts from £500 and up. You're getting ripped off in the UK, mate. You should go after your price-lister's kneecaps. See, this is what an SC costs in Australia. SC Prices. And this is what TCs cost. You see, the turbos are often cheaper than the SCs.

]
Turbo can have bearing failure or any leakage/breakdown can result in engine failure. How so?

Their power delivery is linear across the rev range. And they sap power until you reach optimal revs. The McL SLR uses about 150 hp just to run it's damn SC.

You just need pressure regulater and a descent induction kit to start with. Same with a TC.

No need to map the ecu or to alter the timing. Everything remains stock on the engine. That's a load of BS and anyone who knows engines will know this. Anytime you are putting positive pressure in (wrt charge, specifically air) you WILL need additional engine management of some sort.

They dont generate excessive engine heat so less stress on your cooling system and engine. Thats due to theie linear power delivery as with turbo whick produces more heat due to its kick *** punch. WHAAAAAAAT?!

No lag or spooling time needed to get car in motion. Yeah, but then it saps power too.

SC works well with high compression engines hence you really dont need to change the internals. But all depends how much boost an engine can cope with in standard form. I mean, where do you get your fundas from? Boost is boost, whether supercharged or turbocharged. Or are you saying those guys at McLaren are real dolts, leaving the SLR 722's compression ratio at 8.8:1, while a stock Baleno runs at 9.3:1?!

The simplicity of the SC is the main reason why MB have adopted in their clk's and avoided the turbos. I have seen so many turbo failure in the E class diesels which just puts me off. I haven't seen a single one. Maybe that's why Porsche use TCs. As did Ferrari. And Jaguar. And a whole bunch of Formula 1 teams. Of course, they may not know what you do.

Most of the USA sports cars with big block v8's go for SC rather then turbo due to some of the reason's above. All the new C7 and mustangs come with the SC units. Because they produce enough torque to spin the SC at high-revs and ignore the loss at low revs. Besides, Americans always take the easy, low-tech way out. Wonder why Ferrari didn't SC the F40.

Bro, I'm sure you know all about the pros and cons of a TC and SC in Brighton. I'd just like to know, where on this whole thread, mcl has ever said his (former and much vilified) tuner has put in a turbocharger.

It's beautiful to see one of India's fastest Vtecs on TBHP. It's even more beautiful to see the owner doesn't venture opinions needlessly, and does his talking on the dragstrip (big respect to him!) but the Vtec fan club (some of whom don't even own or drive a Vtec) have to poke their nose in everywhere.

This thread is real fun.:D

Quote:

1: Unpaid bills (a lot of work done and no insight when they would be paid)
2: Unreasonable timelines, wanting the earth yesterday,

This led to skimping on stuff - lot of issues on having to stop work on regular customer cars (people who pay promptly on completion of work- their bread and butter) to do work on your car - being mods, one can never predict that it would run right first time so totally throwing other customer car deliveries off track.

There was a lack of motivation which probably led to a poor quality of service. This is my theory, please feel free to say I am wrong

Ajith, I really hope you are wrong, and this is just your theory, and nothing Keshav told you. "Skimping" because there were unpaid bills? What if mclaren crashes somewhere because something came off? At 200Kmph maybe? Maybe taking with him family/friends...

Keshav is running a business. I don't think he would leave "loose ends" on a car because payments were late, or because he no longer liked mclaren.

Quote:

Please note this if you buy a Cessna later on in life

Absolutely. You need to take special care that you don't make the Cessna mechanic grumpy, ever! What if he chooses to leave a few "loose ends" because he no longer likes you? :D

Quote:

What do you think he is going through? He never intended to con you, you experimented together, taking big jumps, pushing too hard in an unstructured manner. Note: I say both of you Nivit Bhasin clearly intends to con.

Spot on. That is the only thing that happened here. Tried too many things, probably for the first time. And things did not work out well, obviously.

My very important advice to all the dudes here? Why don't you guys just get together, have a few drinks, maybe shout at each other a bit, get drunk, hug each other and move on? Wont work? Sad. Will work? Great. Because, then I get back a great bunch of friends...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 612930)
I do not know a cam from my bum..

Sam, you make my perverted mind go into overdrive.

Quote:

If you monitor and keep tabs, nothing sudden should happen. Did you check the gearbox seals for oil leaks. Please note this if you buy a Cessna later on in life

maybe he should start with this one :-)
HOBBY ZONE - E-flite Cessna 182 370 ARF
or this one
Cessna 172 All Wood ARF Electric R/C Park Flyer Plane from Hobby Lobby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 613127)
This thread is real fun.:D

not with people pissing all over each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 612652)
Last I read there was a post on this very thread which said no mentioning names by Rudra. I think the posts got deleted.

That alone should be obvious enough to indicate our stance. There is no restriction on anyone to mention any names in any thread on Team-BHP.

Sighhhhh....

This is going no where. Its an alternate reality out here. No point even having this thread open.

I think this is the best advise given on this thread and i think Rahul should take it from here and move on in life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 612229)
Actually reliability isn't a big issue if the tuner/tunee knows where to stop. I've seen modifed versions of my car (OHC Vtec), capable of leaving me in the dust......and still being as reliable as the stock one i drive.

@Mclaren - I'm no tuner but i'l tell you this. Don't go in for a large number of mods at once. Take it one step at a time, see how the car is performing and you will definately end up with a really quick and reliable car.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Fair points but how did a scratch create a crack, no doubt, let me speak up on the behavioral/ financial issue as mentioned by the mechanics out there which could have led to a lack of enthusiasm leading to this. (this is prior to things going sour)

I never said a scratch could create a crack. I was mentioning to you the professionalism with which the work was done. If there was a scratch, don't you thinks its Keshav's duty to inform me about it?

When Scan (my current tuner) told me he suspects a fracture on the head and that the head could give up any time, Keshav after reading about it on TBHP called him up and said "thats a screwdriver mark that I left after it slipped from my hand, not a crack". I was told this detail because Scan didn't want to be blamed for making that scratch on my head. You could check this fact with Keshav if you liked.

Quote:

1: Unpaid bills (a lot of work done and no insight when they would be paid)

2: Unreasonable timelines, wanting the earth yesterday,

Ajit, you have been highly misinformed. Let me clear out a few aligations here with a detailed statement of all the payments made till date.

The first mod on the car begun with the purchase of two NOS kits (1 for self and the other for Keshav). A payment of 72k was made ON TIME to Steeroid the day he landed in Bangalore. You can check with him for authenticity.

I crashed my car, and needed a repair. I didn't want to claim insurance. By which time Keshav came forward with a suggestion. I had a NOS kit with me, which Keshav needed urgently for Burnout Drag for Vasu's car. He said he would repair my car and port/polish my head, enlarge throttle body, headers, FFE would be done in lieu of my NOS kit. I agreed to the deal. NOS kit given to Keshav and car towed to the garage. Car was idle at the garage for over 20 days inspite of me personally sourcing out all parts like bonnet, bumper, radiator etc after Keshav paid me money for it.

So stage 2 mods all carried out with payment in advance and air filter was bought by me with my own money. Though, since Keshav and Co were too busy carrying out mods on their own cars, they got my car readied at the very last minute. Infact after the practice session at the drag had already started. Kindly check regarding this with Keshav & Akshay for authenticity.

I also paid a difference amount of 5,000 Rs to Vasu for the mufflers he made for my car after I said the existing mufflers (memo's) were too loud.

Then the next set of modifications for the car were decided before Speedrun. After sitting at Ashoka's for over 2 months and planning I was told that my block would be over bored to fit 76mm pistons, forged crank and conrods would go in as well. Short ratio gearbox would be fitted, block would be honed, I would be running twin headgaskets as well.

Let me point out to you that I was ready to send my car over the Sag Racing, one month in advance to Speed Run Bombay. But since Vasu and Keshav were busy readying their own esteems for the drags, Keshav said I will tell you when to bring the car. Finally the call came 12 days before the drag and immediately I dropped my car for the mods.

Let me indicate to you the payments made for this set of mods.

1. 17,000 paid in advance for ordering 76mm pistons.
2. 6,000 paid on delivery of FPR.
3. 8,000 paid in advance for shorter gear ratios.
4. I was told at a later stage that labour charges for the work would be 28,000.

22,000 out of this 28,000 was paid in advance in 4 installments before the work on the car commenced.

Since I couldn't source headgaskets I had to pay Keshav 10k (6k balance and 4k for gaskets) after the completion of work.

Since I ran short of cash to travel to Bombay, the day Keshav and Vasu flew to Bombay I made a further payment of 6k. Balance pending 4k. Infact, I refused to take the delivery of the car until I paid up all the cash upfront. Keshav only said, "don't show Nakhra, take the car from the garage and drive down to Bombay". You can check about this with him and memo too. Infact, I was determined not to go to Bombay as I couldn't adjust for the 4k plus was running a little short of cash to go to Bombay.

At Bombay, my car broke down. It had to be trucked back. While I came up with a simple solution of sending my car in the same truck that all the other cars and bikes had gone to Bombay in and memo and myself drive down Keshav's car with the TC disconnected, Keshav refused the offer. In the end, I had to ask memo to wait in Bombay for a couple of days and ship the car to Bangalore on a different truck. While a supra, 2 esteems, 1 zen, 2 SBK's were shipped to and from from Bangalore for an amount of 70k, I was asked to cough out 12k alone for just shipping my car from Bombay to Bangalore. Which later was got down to 7k after having a word with Vasu regarding this.

On delivery of the car, I made a payment of 2k to the truckers. Balance pending 5k for shipping + 6k old balance. All these payments were made to Vasu at the earliest over a span of 2 months/or adjusted with payments to be made to me by psycho/vasu.

Then came the first rebuild. Bill given was 8k. 6k paid to Vasu and only then was delivery of car taken. I had purchased 1 headgasket, so had to pay 2k less.

Then came the second rebuild. And this time I decided to buy a performance cam. I paid 33,000 for the cam and valve springs on delivery. You can check regarding this for authenticity too.

As Vasu, Keshav could not fit the cam I was asked to take the car to Scan for fitting. Keshav also told me that scan would open the engine and check it once. We found 1 valve bent, one piston ring land damaged. Bill amount 9k. Payment made to scan and delivery of car taken.

2.5k payment for NGK Irridiums made on delivery.

What I infer from this? Payment made on time, car delivered 1 month before Burnout drag to Sag Racing, yet car got ready only at the Nth minute. Is that my fault? This has now happened twice. Inspite of giving the car well in advance it was always delivered at the very last minute. Let me clear out a few more details about the payments thing by pasting a part of the PM I sent to Psycho telling him about the settlement of payments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
From what I remember the billing was as follows:

1. Labour charges for build - 28k.
2. Sensor charges - 2k.
3. Transport charges from Bombay by truck - 10k.
Total - 40k.

Details of payments made. Let me know if there are any discrepancies.

1. 5,000 - Paid by self to you at garage before work commenced.
2. 10,000 - Paid by memo to you at Ashoka's.
3. 3,000 - Paid to you by me at Ashoka after collecting money from Binz.
4. 4,000 - Memo's piston advance paid to Vasu anna.
5. 6,000 - Paid by me to you before I took delivery of the car to go to Bombay.
6. 2,000 - Paid to transport guy. Shabbir said he will return this to Vasu anna.
7. 2,000 - Delivered to Vasu anna by binz's friend at the garage one evening.
8. 1,200 - Payment pending by Vasu anna for NOS refill.
9. 700 - Payment pending for picking up your pistons from scans garage. This is the auto fare to and fro from my place to garage and then to Sag Racing.
10. 1,200 - Paid to Vasu on track day for hiring track esteem.
11. 1,200 - Payment pending for getting 97 Oct for your esteems.
12. 2,000 - Paid by me to purchase a headgasket at RNS since Vasu anna could source only 1.

Total amount paid from above 12 points - 38,300.

Balance to be paid. 1,700. Plus I have not paid Vasu anna 3,000 for the headers I recently purchased.

Total balance pending - 4,700. I am holding back this amount for the shoddy paint work done by Rajanna. I have to get the whole set of bonnet, bumpers and rear quarter panel painted as the entire paint has chipped off and the car is looking really ugly.

I hope I have made the accounts clear. I have never cheated anyone nor intend to do so. So please kindly spare me from telling people "That I ran off without paying you money".
Keshav's reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho
1) I never talked about the money you always did
2) I never spoke about you to anyone just said that you no longer work with me

If you still don't believe me I can log into my account in front of your own eyes and show you this PM. Now, kindly tell me, when Keshav himself says "he has never talked about money" who told you these two points you mentioned above that I owe him money or that I didn't pay him at all?

Quote:

This led to skimping on stuff - lot of issues on having to stop work on regular customer cars (people who pay promptly on completion of work- their bread and butter) to do work on your car - being mods, one can never predict that it would run right first time so totally throwing other customer car deliveries off track.
Ajmat, let me point out the fact that you are totally wrong on this regard. Infact, my car had always been the last of the priorities when it came to getting them ready. Only after everyones cars were done, finally my car would be touched. Throughout this time, I have been nothing but patient. If some people would come out with the truth, you will know that twice (burnout and Bombay SR) my car was touched the last. I don't have to give proof for it.

Quote:

Becuase it had done a lot more than 1200 kms, proof here
Are you just defending Keshav for the sake of it? When I mentioned 1200 kms I meant 1200 after the building of the drag block before we set out to Bombay.

Quote:

Sure, I was there throughout the headers fitment. Where were you? Suspension, I was in Penang, TB and IM, I cannnot add value until final fitment but monitored things by phone. I did trust "the person" and I also defined the scope, expectations and did my research!
Ok, I was not aware that you were there throughout the headers fitment. Last I remember you dropped off your car at the garage for the suspension work, gave the keys to your car to me and went back to work.

To be honest with you, Vasu did not like us hanging out at the garage chatting, playing etc while he was working. So I was hesitant to sit at the garage while the work was being done. My mistake, I admit.

Quote:

What do you think he is going through? He never intended to con you, you experimented together, taking big jumps, pushing too hard in an unstructured manner.
Ajit, let me once again quote to you what Keshav said "I have everything under control, you don't worry. Nothing will go wrong with your car". Why has this statement suddenly now changed to "You did something no one else had done, so it was unreliable". Wasn't it his duty to warn me of this before?

My simple question is, I was promised the car would run on 91 Oct fuel after the build. But it needed 100+ Oct fuel. Why? Because Keshav went wrong with his calculations somewhere. All I expect is, accept the mistake, correct it. Which is not what happened.

Quote:

Did you check the gearbox seals for oil leaks.
I agree I used to be a bit careless till the 1st rebuild. But after that build, I started to follow every instruction. Like idle the car for 15 mins before moving it when engine is cold. Check oil level etc. Yes, I did rigorously keep a check on oil leaks. There was none.

Quote:

There was a lack of motivation which probably led to a poor quality of service. This is my theory, please feel free to say I am wrong
Lack of motivation from my end? Ajit, by now you must have understood my passion for my car, I would not have left any stone unturned.

If there was a lack of motiviation from Keshav's or Vasu's end even after Keshav agrees I owe him nothing I think you are quite free to understand the quality of work.

Infact, I can't even count the number of times I told Keshav white smoke was coming from the exhaust and that the car was drinking oil. He not once bothered about it, but said " Let the engine break down completely, then we will open it not now".

Quote:

Do you have actual performance figures - before, after, during to state this - you have not stated this
No, but I will provide them shortly. But I am quite sure I can make out the difference in power levels. I might be biased. But do you think Jay, binz, pawan all who felt the same are lying as well?

Quote:

BTW, the car has not been anywhere near the "tuner" since March end so I understand. Since then, the car has been pushed really hard on Nandi Hills, Yelagiri and two track days at least based on forum postings - quite a long time since that service to dislodge your seals, stress the engine with those HC pistonsin a hot summer
You are mistaken once again. That is what Keshav thinks. You may check with Vasu that the car went in for two more services which Keshav was unaware off. The last the car went to Vasu's was after Yelagiri drive. Since Vasu couldn't find OE brake pads, I then went to RNS got the brake pads replaced and left the car for service at Sag.

Also kindly check the Nandi Hills thread, my car was as slow as a dead donkey. Because it was emanating white smoke back then itself and Keshav didn't bother about it. Infact, it was after the embarrasment of the Nandi Hills drive I forced Keshav to open my engine and rectify what went wrong.

Quote:

It will make it easier instead of saying "the tuner" , "former tuner" but the issue is which tuner - the car has been visiting various tuners since March so it is difficult to pin point. I am confused now who dunnit
You are wrong again. The car has visited only 1 tuner apart from Keshav. That is Scan. Keshav only put me through to Scan for getting my engine checked and fitting of the cam because Vasu was unable to do it (you can clarify this with Keshav). After the 3rd rebuild and Keshav's lackless approach of not paying heed to my words I decided to opt out from visting him anymore (same day as Rudra's bday). Since then my car has been handled only by Scan. Rdkarthik did an ECU install. So I request you to get your facts checked once before posting.

Quote:

All I can say, there are two sides, I am merely posting my observations
I have been saying from day1 let Keshav post his end of the story. Sadly, this entire deal is between me and him. Payments were made to him or Vasu, timelines were set by him and were between me and psycho. I don't understand the need why you, steer, v1p3r have to justify on his behalf without even knowing any of the inner details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrie (Post 612864)
Dude you really sure about this? A screw driver slipping and falling and creating a scratch??? And what was a screw driver doing in a port job?

Whatever little knowledge i have about porting and polishing tells me that its grinding wheels and deburring tools that are used.

You were very happy with your 1L build until bad fuel and probably over revving screwed it up right? If I remember correctly you told me you overtook a merc which was doing about 220 and the merc didnt catch up with you until you took a break 15-20 mins later :Frustrati

Harrie, I suggest you kindly read both parts of the thread again. I praised Keshav for his work because I honestly felt it was good. Now I am saying work was unreliable (yet not taking away any credit for the pleasure I derived driving the car during that period) and not proper care was taken to solve my issues. Had Keshav paid heed to my words on time a lot of hassle for me would have been saved.

Quote:

Also your 1L build was supposed to have been a turbo setup which was why you got forged parts? Obviously the forged parts cost a bomb and dont do much to boost your power until you actually turbo it.
At the end of the day, when you and your tuner plan out a build. You pay X amount for it. Whether this payment was made keeping in mind future builds or not is immaterial. Infact, I can go on to say that if it hadn't been for the forged parts I would have suffered an even bigger loss. Like cracked pistons, bent conrods, damaged crank because of the excessive compression. In the end what matters if the amount of money I spent on the build, rather than wondering whom the money went to. When I spend X amount of money I expect it to be reliable and give power. But when I get more power for a lot less, well what can I say?

Quote:

No offences meant but when I had your car down here I had to replace 3 of your lug nuts on the front wheel which were completely worn out. IIRC it has been so since that Nandi Hill Climb??? That alone would have been enough to break down your suspension and bearings...
Once again, I would like to point out why the people at Sag Racing didn't check this during routine service? Infact, I was unaware of the fact that lug nuts were worn out till you told me. The only time the lug nuts came off was during the Nandi Climb IIRC. From that day I haven't faced a similar issue ever, but just keep checking on them just to be safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 612911)
Tell me about it. I personally saw that car first in May 2006 when it was just 3 months or so NEW. It looked like it was a few years old, was dirty inside and out, had broken lug nuts and tyres with very little tread. It remained dirty and lugnut-less for 3 days in Goa and from what was posted here it was driven to Bangalore and driven around in Bangalore in much the same condition. So much for a car that is now being eulogised in order to get back at someone.

When you PERSONALLY saw the car, it had already been crashed. It looked old because the painting done by Rajanna (painter at Sag) was so beautiful. I got the car painted thrice during this period, because the paint would peal off every 2-3 months or so.

As for the lug nut issue, I suggest you do some more research on this. Car was running all lug-nuts INTACT till the time Nitrous overtighten one nut and we had to chop it off to remove the wheel. Since there was no availability of a similar sized lug nut anywhere I had to travel all the way to Goa in that manner. We stopped by and made enquiry at every place that had a MASS but there was no availability.

I have seen your car in far worse condition, both inside and outside when it was in Bangalore. During this period it had diesel refills in denominations of Rs 20, 50 and what not. So kindly spare me this gyan about cleanliness and about maintaining ones car.

Quote:

Perhaps you would like to educate us on the condition of your Palio after it got back from Bangalore.
Since you now brought up this topic, kindly do ask Harrie to explain in detail. It was Harrie's fault, for which he later apologized that his engine seized due to over filling of engine oil and had nothing to do with my driving.

As far as the wheel bearing issue is concerned, Vasu repaired the brakes and I cross checked with him regarding the wobbly tire to which he mentioned "Its like that only, you drive. Nothing will happen".

If there is any other story to this I would certainly like to know and clarify.

Quote:

Note: This post is not a reply to the thread initiator and is written with no malice intended at that person, but is meant as fair warning to others that are reading it in good faith.
Be a man, and say things directly. Firstly you make references to my car, my handling of Harrie's car and then say not a reply to the thread initiator. If you intend to say something about me, my car, my driving habits say so on my face rather than beating about the bush.

Its sad that a thread started to tell people about the dark side of my modding of the car has turned out into a thread where people like Steeroid, v1p3r, ajmat who have no clue about all the details that happened between me and Keshav are trying to defend him from whatever little knowledge they have or what they have been told to believe. Like some wise man said "Little knowledge is always dangerous".

As far as getting back at Keshav is concerned this is not the motive of the thread. The motive of this thread was to tell everyone the tough times I had to go through and the rumour running around about me, my car, my behavior, my financial issues etc like Ajmat pointed out. There are too many of such stories doing the rounds, and its about time there is an end to it.

I am no racer. I am just a guy whos bordering on enthusiast. I have never raced on track. I have never owned a very fast moded car.
But even I check small details like the wheel nuts, water in the radiator and windshield water reservoir, engine oil levels etc., regularly.
You did not even know that your lug nuts were worn out? If you want to have a car live long you got to treat it like a baby, and pay attention to every tiny whine or clang.
Except for electricals and belts its very rare for something to fail "poof". there is often ample warning.
I guess you need to pay more attention to your car. If you don't care for your car and just entrust it to someone else, this is what you get.
Its your car, better be responsible for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 613661)
But even I check small details like the wheel nuts, water in the radiator and windshield water reservoir, engine oil levels etc., regularly.
You did not even know that your lug nuts were worn out? If you want to have a car live long you got to treat it like a baby, and pay attention to every tiny whine or clang.

Tanveer, let me be very honest and tell you that there was no whine or clang from the wheels anytime. Besides, the only time the lug nuts came loose was because the previous evening I had changed the rims and tires and the mechanic at Madhu's wheel alignment centre forgot to tighten the lug nuts on the right front. v1p3r was driving my car, he realized this and got the lugs tightened. But somehow, I am guessing that they weren't tightened properly. And while driving back from Nandi Hills they became loose. Since that day, till date I haven't had a single instance of the same incident. But I keep checking every now and then just to be sure.

As far as checking radiator water is concerned, I do that every 3 days since Feb 2007 (after my 1st rebuild). I check for oil leaks if any, and make it a point to carry a litre of engine oil, coolant always in my car since Feb 2007. You can check this with those who traveled with me to CBE last weekend. I didn't have stock of coolant and engine oil with me and purchased them even before we left Bangalore.

Also, my lugs nuts were not worn out. It were the studs that come with the driveshaft assembly that were worn out or so I was told. I don't think many would have noticed that unless you kept taking your rim off on a regular basis and check. Or when it makes some sound or shows any signs. IIRC there were no signs for as long as the car was with me.

Mclaren @ Instead of posting all these details in public view ... why don't you call him up and go sort it out . By putting it up here you not gonna rectify anything and as for warning others about the tuners ... you can just put a post up saying what you want .

Leave it of the forum coz if you gonna justify each and every statement that a member makes .... its just gonna get uglier and uglier .

TRUST ME

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 613716)
Mclaren @ Instead of posting all these details in public view ... why don't you call him up and go sort it out . By putting it up here you not gonna rectify anything and as for warning others about the tuners ... you can just put a post up saying what you want .

Leave it of the forum coz if you gonna justify each and every statement that a member makes .... its just gonna get uglier and uglier .

TRUST ME

There is nothing left to sort out, I am glad my car is doing well and that I learnt a lesson. Since a lot of rumours are going around about me, this was just to let the people know the truth for those who want to believe.

I didn't want this thread to turn this way and tried to leave it as third party as possible until steer, v1p3r, ajmat came to Keshav's rescue knowing incomplete details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 613264)
I think this is the best advise given on this thread and i think Rahul should take it from here and move on in life.

I too agree with Shan2nu's advice. Basically, one should tread carefully when in unexplored territory.

In life we seldom get something for nothing and there is no such thing as a free lunch. One should keep this in mind while modifying cars. The extra performance we get out of cars by modifying them happens only because we are able to exploit the over-design built into the car by the manufacturer. But one should then ask, why did the manufacturer put in such generous over-design in the first place? It is because the manufacturer has in mind adequate safety margins, long-term reliability of the car in all possible driving conditions, etc.

Those who modify a car will almost certainly not have the expertise in design and engineering or the resources of the car manufacturer. So those who want their cars to be reliable in the long term and do not have too much by way of resources should tread carefully and go in only for relatively minor, tried and tested modifications.

@Vip3r Buddy my post was not directed to Mcl and it was totally irrelevent to his post and mods. I had just given my opnion to your Q.

Not all the supercharger needs oil change at 3000m, for instance Eaton chargers dont need the oil change at short intervals.

As with the SC's intercoolers are not always needed due to their output as in some cases where its low and by putting the intercooler will reduce it further and not much gains would be achieved. I prefer SC's only when you need a descent increase and not when you want to double your power, in that case where you do need to upgrade a lot on the engine.

TC's are space efficient mostly in the FWD cars but not in the RWD cars because of the layout of the engine. Like in my case where there is no space as the TC hinders between the stearing column where I just cant fit it, only it can be done by changing the mainfold and locating the turbo at the front top end near the head. Hence the reason why there are so many kits available in US for beemers with LHD and not many for RHD beemers.

Well with TC, when you want to get back to standard engine. You would need to swap your mainfold if not anything else.

As you say TC are cheaper then just add the stuff you need with the turbo to get it going. Let me dig my links to show the price difference between the SC and TC kits available for beemers.

Yes SC do rob power as they run on the crank but compare to the lag you get from the turbo, the loss in power is negligable. It mostly happens with big displacement engine's because of their shear capacity of the engine and the SC are not the average size ones on them. They are massive roots type ones. All the SC are not the same and they have more then 3types of SC's. Neither the Mcl engine is 2l unit where you could loose 150hp. There are good reason for them to choose SC over the TC.

As to your comment on load of BS, which I have allready explained in my previous post that you dont need the extra electronics unless your are aiming the power increase to beyond the capabilities of the standard ecu and engine. In which case you would need aftermarket ecu to run your engine, either with the TC or SC. You would deffo need upgrades to electronics when you want to double your power from small engines.
Hence I said it all depends what your standard engine can cope. My engine can cope upto 7psi without changing the ecu but would need a remap to get the best out of it.

The cars you are refering to are all sports cars and clk is not a sports car. Its the R&D involved and the cost to do the upgrade where the MB have chosen the SC to move the heavy barge around.

Mate I think you are taking my fundas totally wrong. I am not saying that i prefer SC over TC's at all times or that all the high compression engines will work well with SC's. If the engine is allready producing a lot of power then SC without any mods will be a disaster . I am talking in general where you need descent increase in power with a low cc engine and again I am saying is all depends what your engine can take in standard form

Well Ferrari dont have 8l engine to play with neither they are average joes car.