Team-BHP - OHC problem with Malfunction light
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   OHC problem with Malfunction light (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36728-ohc-problem-malfunction-light.html)

I need some advice regarding my Honda 1.5 Exi AT

Modification done :-
Free flow through Automech
iridum spark plug
splitfire Plug wires
K&N stock air filter

Problem :-
Since last two day Engine malfunction light turns on, when i turn off my engine and start it again it goes off.

what could be the problem?

second thing i need stock suspention's i have heard we get it cheaper somewhere in opera house (Mumbai).

can any one tell me if it's available in the suburbs (Mumbai).

I stay in Malad (Mumbai).

thanks
Dhananjay

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhananjay (Post 753103)
I need some advice regarding my Honda 1.5 Exi AT

Modification done :-
Free flow through Automech
iridum spark plug
splitfire Plug wires
K&N stock air filter

Problem :-
Since last two day Engine malfunction light turns on, when i turn off my engine and start it again it goes off.

what could be the problem?

second thing i need stock suspention's i have heard we get it cheaper somewhere in opera house (Mumbai).

can any one tell me if it's available in the suburbs (Mumbai).

I stay in Malad (Mumbai).

thanks
Dhananjay

Problem could be anything ..not easy to guess.
Take it to someone who has a scan tool and get the exact cause of the error.
No use guessing like this..

Dhananjay go to City Motors at Opera House. They have everything for the OHC. You'll get all parts for a good price

The Automech freeflow header for the OHC has a problem with the positioning of the O2 sensor which triggers the Engine Malfunction light. That is in all likelihood the problem with your car too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 753314)
The Automech freeflow header for the OHC has a problem with the positioning of the O2 sensor which triggers the Engine Malfunction light. That is in all likelihood the problem with your car too.

These guys have been exhaust for quite some years now .. they still have such basic issues ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda (Post 753328)
These guys have been exhaust for quite some years now .. they still have such basic issues ? :)

Apparently yes. Compared to the stock manifold the positioning of the sensor in their manifold is totally off & usually leads to a fauly reading from the O2 sensor leading to a Check engine light.

Apparently their dealers have also found a jugaad around it!

P.S. Will try & arrange pictures of the same if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 753314)

Ishan i second on your point,my cousins OHC is also te same,he has changed something called Air Sensor chip.The car is with me now days,its with Automech FFE,Stock K&N and some new Tappet covers and all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 753346)
Apparently yes. Compared to the stock manifold the positioning of the sensor in their manifold is totally off & usually leads to a fauly reading from the O2 sensor leading to a Check engine light.

yes, plz post some pics ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 753309)
Dhananjay go to City Motors at Opera House. They have everything for the OHC. You'll get all parts for a good price

Thanks a lot Dippy. i really appriciate your timely response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 753346)

After I've changed my manifold my engine seems very hot. is there any solution for it

One thing i forgot to mention the car is running on tri-phase. when i turn on the tri-phase the malfuntion light does flash at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhananjay (Post 753421)
After I've changed my manifold my engine seems very hot. is there any solution for it

its just that the new headers dont have the cover that the stock ones had so your engine bay is hotter but the actual temp is the same.