Team-BHP - Modifications to Esteem Lxi - 1997 Model
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Modifications to Esteem Lxi - 1997 Model (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36790-modifications-esteem-lxi-1997-model.html)

Hi Guys,

I have an Esteem which i am looking to refurbish actually, to make it look better from inside and outside with stuff which is simple and classy and not jazzy... I am looking to fit the following accessories to it, can you please tell me which will be the best place to get them done in Delhi and approx. cost for the entire bouquet of accessories.

Accessories are:

1. Xenon Lights (the white headlamps)
2. Change the tyres and add alloy wheels. Please suggest what is the best size for an esteem, don't want to those extra huge tyres
3. Central Locking System
4. Gear Lock
5. Leather / semi-leather seat covers
6. Change all the plastic handles and stuff in the interiors
7. Bumper guards
8. CD Music System with good speakers and an amp. (if required)
9. Floor Mats
10. Side Mirrors (L and R)

Help meplease:

Regards
Udit

I don't think maruti had the lxi version of any car before 2001

i must be lx or vx

Ya its LX but i asked something else :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by udit78 (Post 755053)
I am looking to fit the following accessories to it, can you please tell me which will be the best place to get them done in Delhi and approx. cost for the entire bouquet of accessories.

Accessories are:

1. Xenon Lights (the white headlamps)
2. Change the tyres and add alloy wheels. Please suggest what is the best size for an esteem, don't want to those extra huge tyres
3. Central Locking System
4. Gear Lock
5. Leather / semi-leather seat covers
7. Bumper guards
8. CD Music System with good speakers and an amp. (if required)
9. Floor Mats
10. Side Mirrors (L and R)

Sl#1 : Contact our member Kjdesigns as he has installed HID's in his esteem. IIRC it cost him approx. INR 7k and was a Bosch make.

Sl#2: Alloys - you can upsize to 14 inches. Lots of brands available in the market depending on the budget. Tires - upsize to 185/60R14. You will get a comfortable ride with good handling.

Sl#3: Central locking - Autocop / nippon / xenos etc. Search forums for reviews / comments on these brands.

Sl#4: Gear Lock - no idea. There are a couple of threads on this topic. Please search.

Sl#5: Leather seat covers - For genuine leather, stanley is a good choice but can be a tad expensive. gSport can be considered also. This topic is also widely discussed so please use search function.

For ICE, check the ICE section. Lots of information and adivice available.

Most of the info you seek is already present in this forum. Do a search and you will find all you need. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by udit78 (Post 755053)

What are you planning to do to the handles ? Is there any other replacements ?

Thanks Aditya... any delhite can suggest me best place for this in Delhi so that i get best rates...

esteem_lover - i just want to change the handles i.e. fit new ones...

Quote:

Originally Posted by udit78 (Post 756932)
Thanks Aditya... any delhite can suggest me best place for this in Delhi so that i get best rates...

esteem_lover - i just want to change the handles i.e. fit new ones...

ok. While you are at it, get the window beadings also changed.

yes, i will change all things which make it look older... have to give her a new life... any ideas on performance filters? What does it do? Can it fitted in an old car and how much will it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by udit78 (Post 757106)
any ideas on performance filters? What does it do?

Dude, please search the forum. There's a whole lot discussed about performance air filters. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by udit78 (Post 757106)
Can it fitted in an old car and how much will it cost?

It can be fitted into an old car. I got the OE K&N air filter (stock replacement and not the universal type) and it cost me approx INR 5k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 756955)
ok. While you are at it, get the window beadings also changed.

those are called weather strips.
Get a K & N filter,it would certainly make a difference, i am getting one soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 757805)
Get a K & N filter. i am getting one soon.

What kind? Get a K&N Cleaning kit also.