Team-BHP - Collapsible rear headrests for SX4 to improve rear visibility
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Collapsible rear headrests for SX4 to improve rear visibility (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/37516-collapsible-rear-headrests-sx4-improve-rear-visibility.html)

Hi, I already have 4 rear parking sensors for the car but feel that there are blind spots around the rear headrests as they do not flush fit. Need suggestions around the headrest swap? Which car’s rear headrests would fit the SX4? Have to be collapsible like Swift or Fiesta’s. Thanks :)

Guys, any ideas or suggestions? Plan to do something about it this weekend. SX4 owners, this may help...

buddy.. I doubt if other hear rests from other cars will fit into! If all you are thinking of is just to have better rear visibility, why not just remove them.. I don't find the rear headrests offering that much ergonomics and comfortability for rear passengers!

I might be wrong but i think most cars headrest's can we swapped. Try and put a fiesta's headrest in your SX4 as its design should solve your problem.
Or else if nothing works just take out the headrest as it is barely even used, if you make a long highway trip with passangers at the back then put it back on.
The prime function of a headrest is not comfort, but to protect ones head/neck from impact during a high speed collision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 775794)
buddy.. I doubt if other hear rests from other cars will fit into! If all you are thinking of is just to have better rear visibility, why not just remove them.. I don't find the rear headrests offering that much ergonomics and comfortability for rear passengers!

I don't think they are there for comfort, as much as safety. In case of an accident, if you don't have a headrest your head may fly back and your neck snaps.

Thanks guys, I think that the ones from a Swift or Fiesta should fit. Rightfully stated that it is important to have them on the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 775911)
Try and put a fiesta's headrest in your SX4 as its design should solve your problem.

Ah! good idea - if it fits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vebmetal (Post 776068)
I don't think they are there for comfort, as much as safety. In case of an accident, if you don't have a headrest your head may fly back and your neck snaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 775911)
The prime function of a headrest is not comfort, but to protect ones head/neck from impact during a high speed collision.

Correct, however, more correctly - impact from the rear (which causes whiplash) - this could even happen (or rather - happens more often) with the car parked/braking/going very slow as opposed to high speed collisions.

Rajnish, please see this thread as well > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...y-removed.html

cya
R

Fiesta headrests should do, I think.
I have even seen an Alto with the big headrests the SX4 and Dzire have.lol:Look horrible.

Better keep the headrests intact unless you will never have any rear passengers.

If head rests of cars could be swapped a verna head rest is a good one too.But as ITNERD has said it is a removable one.In case of no passengers at rear remove them to solve the issue.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 784708)
If head rests of cars could be swapped a verna head rest is a good one too.But as ITNERD has said it is a removable one.In case of no passengers at rear remove them to solve the issue.
ram

Dude, since you own a Verna and have access to an SX4 as well since you work for Maruti, could you please try swapping the Verna or even a Swift head-rests onto an Sx4 and check if it fits.please:

It would be a great help to all the Sx4 owners (me included) who have trouble reversing coz of the stupid rear head-restraint design on the SX4.

Cheers

Hi Ram, thanks for the suggestion. Please help as suggested by Prince. Would help many SX4 owners. I also like the Verna's front headrests better then the SX4. Possible to replace that as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 775794)

After the second day my rear headrests were safely confined to the boot still with the plastic covers.I was like a blind man trying to reverse with it.

i have checked with swift's rear headrests in sx4 . they do fit properly. no issues with rear visibility too. cost of each headrest is around rs.500/-. imo, the L- shaped look much better than new one's which have been introduced in the swift.