Team-BHP - Esteem Suspension Problem...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Esteem Suspension Problem... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/42077-esteem-suspension-problem.html)

Hello Guys,
I have the new MPFi Esteem bought just 2 years ago. Its running on Yokohama Sports series 195/60/R15 eversince.

When 4 people ( approx weight = 75kg/person i.e Total 300) are seated in the car( Front 2 + Rear 2) and we are driving on some uneven road at around 60-80km/hr ;the rear wheel of the car touches the suspension.

I know this is due to the upsized tyres. :Frustrati

But i love them and replacing them with 14" or 13" is not an option stupid:

So what kind of mods can be done to the suspensions(Front and rear) to solve this problem and also have a smooth ride on dirty uneven roads.

Preferably i want to retain my original suspensions (Cost saving purposes)

Awaiting your valuable suggestions.

regards,

vikram.

The correct upsize for the esteem is 195/50/R15.
I believe 'godfather' had this size in his esteem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viky_s (Post 893595)
Hello Guys,
the rear wheel of the car touches the suspension.

So what kind of mods can be done to the suspensions(Front and rear) to solve this problem and also have a smooth ride on dirty uneven roads.

Hi, you could add spacers to the suspension and fit the bump stop on it. this will reduce the stroke lenght of the suspension though!

Simple alternative is to drive slowly on bad roads!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 893765)
The correct upsize for the esteem is 195/50/R15.
I believe 'godfather' had this size in his esteem.

can we do this upsize on stock suspension? what would be the correct rim size then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight (Post 895228)
can we do this upsize on stock suspension? what would be the correct rim size then?

Nitrous was talking about the perfect rim and tire upsize.. U cant upsize suspensions..

U can harden the stock suspension though but will lose out on ride quality.. Putting 16'' was not the best thing you did but if you like them then u have to make a compromise on something..

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 (Post 895243)
Nitrous was talking about the perfect rim and tire upsize.. U cant upsize suspensions..

I really don't think he was talking about Upsizing the suspension!:uncontrol
He was asking whether the specific tire upsize was possible with the stock suspension!!

I think to solve the issue probably stiffer shocks or may be set of performance springs might help.. not too sure you will be able to keep the ride quality the same after those things..

My corolla had TRD lowering springs and 17inch rims and YIKES!! the dashboard started to rattle.

thats the same reason im sticking to 185/60/r13s on my esteem

good luck with it
Quote:

Originally Posted by viky_s (Post 893595)
Hello Guys,
I have the new MPFi Esteem bought just 2 years ago. Its running on Yokohama Sports series 195/60/R15 eversince.

When 4 people ( approx weight = 75kg/person i.e Total 300) are seated in the car( Front 2 + Rear 2) and we are driving on some uneven road at around 60-80km/hr ;the rear wheel of the car touches the suspension.

But i love them and replacing them with 14" or 13" is not an option stupid:

Awaiting your valuable suggestions.

regards,

vikram.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 (Post 895243)

I perfectly know that, as JayD said, I want to know if I can fix 15inchers, on my car which I have upgraded with Konis.

Sorry guys, the correct tyre size is 195/50/R15. A major typo. on my part.
I am reluctant to add spacers as this will hinder the shock absorbing capacity of the car. I was thinking about replacing the rear springs with new ones ;but little stiffer as i dont want a hard suspension.
Which type and brand of springs should i go for? and what will be the cost?