Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 18:00   #1
BHPian

Car Accessories Dealers in GP (General Peters) Road, Chennai

Hey, anyone from chennai. Do you know any good shop in GP road for buying Car accessories?

Which is the reputed shop in GP road?
Old 6th December 2008, 21:22   #2
BHPian

I own a spark and I also plan to install speakers. Is it enough to fit just the two rear speakers coz the car is too small?

It will save money and also wont be too loud for the driver.
Old 7th December 2008, 00:40   #3
BANNED

It is General Patters Road - not to be confused with Peters Road.
Mahaveer is known to have a good reputation for spares. In my limited experience with them, they stock almost everything.

However, if yours is an ICE specific question - better to head to the ICE section on the forum.
Old 7th December 2008, 00:50   #4
BANNED

Mahaveer has a store which deals with ICE. Next to mahaveer there is complex which is K J Plaza. There are couple of stores where you can check out and psbl compare
Old 7th December 2008, 17:54   #5
BHPian

Planning to install Front power windows for Swift Lxi. Can somebody let me know the latest price and suggest me a good place in Chennai for this. Meantime I am planning to check @ Xenos , Nandanam -as mentioned in one of the threads-.

If anyone did recently in Chennai , please share.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
Mahaveer has a store which deals with ICE. Next to mahaveer there is complex which is K J Plaza. There are couple of stores where you can check out and psbl compare

mahaveer has shifted the shop to K J plaza. In KJ plaza there a shop called star auto you could check his shop for Car accessories.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

@ ritz, if you dont have a problem with the sound coming from behind all the time, go ahead. I find it distracting though.
PS: a pair of good 4" costs <1.5k.And they will sound much better in a spark than in , say an alto or wagon R ( spark has better design for the dash enclosure) is your budget that tight ?
Old 8th December 2008, 22:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
@ ritz, if you dont have a problem with the sound coming from behind all the time, go ahead. I find it distracting though.
PS: a pair of good 4" costs <1.5k.And they will sound much better in a spark than in , say an alto or wagon R ( spark has better design for the dash enclosure) is your budget that tight ?
thanks for the info.

I have decided to install pioneer MP3/USB mp3 player and front component speakers and some local speakers on the back. And a wireless steering remote would solve a lots of hassles.

I think total it would cost me around 10k. Sounds ok for me.

There is a shop called Variety choice, just behind star autos. I enquired a local guy outside and he took me to that shop. The guy seems resonable and well mannered. I even asked him if Its good to buy ovrm(mirrors) chrome kits outside market or from Chevrolet dealer. He patiently answered that its best to buy those hard to mimic equipmets from the dealer itself.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

front comps and no name 6x9's behind might be a bit overkill though(especially if the comps in question are kicker) . JBL GTO series all around ( 4" + 6x9) should fit your budget, and sound good enough.

if the rear speakers are too cheap, you may not get enough bass. remember to use .75 inch thick MDF for the rear parcel tray

here are the install pics of a friend's spark
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post893137

Last edited by greenhorn : 10th December 2008 at 14:58.
Old 10th December 2008, 21:30   #10
BHPian

Thanks for that. I will enquire the price of that unit.

Hey, about the steering remote. I got two options. One costing just 950 and another 1800. Almost everyone in GP road in chennai sells only the 950 version. But Mahavir alone sells a steering remote for 1800. He claims its a better product

Anyone has details about steering remote?
Old 24th October 2011, 13:48   #11
BHPian

re: Car Accessories Dealers in GP (General Peters) Road, Chennai

Is there any shop in GP road where i can get right-side ORVM cover for 2008 Wagon R VXi model? It has electric-adjustable ORVM that is working fine, only the cover was hit by a share auto and got broken.
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:13   #12
BHPian

re: Car Accessories Dealers in GP (General Peters) Road, Chennai

Any Shop where I can get aftermarket engine parts for a Ford Ikon 1.6? In need of a fuel pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks