Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-182.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by searacer932 (Post 5768641)
I installed Garware "Arctic Shield" Sun Protection Film for Front Windshield, Windows & Rear Windshield of my Sonet DCT GTX+.

Hi, can you please advise on how much this costs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFonz (Post 5768656)
Hi, can you please advise on how much this costs?

Hello, It costed me 21K. I am quite happy with the quality of the sunfilm and the service provided.

Asking for a friend who has bought a new Brezza in Bangalore. Looking for recommendations for sunfilm for all windows(front,back,side) + Sunroof

Only criteria is it should be as transparent/light as possible. VLT 85% or even 90% is ok.

Also, few shortlisted brands are as follows:
1. Garware Arctic Cool?
2. VKool
3. Solargard by Saint Gobain
4. Stek A80
5. SolarShield Sapphire Series

Please do provide recommendations along with Installer/Shop Details, if possible.

Thanks

Is there any way to replicate the purple-blue tint on Mercedes/BMW cars?
Front windscreen sunfilm?-p6b106gqmjd91.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek2684 (Post 5782335)
Is there any way to replicate the purple-blue tint on Mercedes/BMW cars?

Ooooh... custom film tints. What a lovely idea! Have no idea if it exists anywhere in the world, but I like the thought :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jna4cob (Post 5716741)
Installed sunfilm on my Skoda Rapid, Jazz and Scross.

Got them done at Protint, Coimbatore. They are authorized dealers for multiple brands like 3M, Lumax, Garware, etc. I

got Garware installed for windshield and all sides and rear. There is a massive difference in heat reduction. Pricing seems to be reasonable as they were direct dealers. Also the owner was vey helpful in explaining the product features. This is the only shop in Coimbatore where they demonstrated each film with a Light Transmission Meter.

Completely satisfied with my experience and would recommend this shop for sure.

Thanks to your post :thumbs up. I got the sun films done for our Exter at Protint, Coimbatore. As you mentioned, the owner there was very detailed in his explanation of different types of sun films and their price ranges.

Price range (for Garware - sides and rear) from 1800 to 8000.

I chose the Ice cool 60% VLT with Green shade for 6500. Front windshield with similar grade was quoted 4500.

Arctic cool was the top most with the premium quote of 8000 and 5800 for the same.

I have not done for the Front windshield for now.

I have added screenshots for the VLT measured for the film, window without and with the film, and a Garware film types image from the internet (might be an older one, since it does not have Arctic cool mentioned)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albatroz (Post 5747544)
I finally took the plunge and got the Garware Arctic cool sunfilm for the front windshield.

Hi Albatroz, I also want to go for front windshield for my car. I have a question.

Did you face any problem in scanning fastag at toll plazas with this sunfilm?
Is the sunfilm installed first and then fastag stuck over it?

I have read somewhere in one of the forum in team bhp only that some people faced problem in getting fastag scanned after installing sunfilm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satya_ip (Post 5785031)
Did you face any problem in scanning fastag at toll plazas with this sunfilm?
Is the sunfilm installed first and then fastag stuck over it?

There are two options:
1) Installation of sunfilm first and then Fastag stuck over it - This is the way it was done in our Altis.

2) Sunfilm is installed with a precise cutout where the Fastag is stuck over the windshield - This is the way it's done in our XUV 700.

In both cases, we have not encountered any glitch while scanning Fastag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi (Post 5761311)
I got this Garware Icecool Elite SG for 4800rs. Covered my Hyryder's sunroof and all 4 side glasses. Comes with 5 years warranty.

Attachment 2600023

Attachment 2600024

Attachment 2600025

Even though I got a good sunfilm installed, I can still feel the heat coming through the sunroof. What else can be done?

1. Getting a darker film installed on the sunroof?
If yes, should I get it installed over the existing film or outside the glass? I am confused over this idea since I don't want sunroof to shatter if this traps heat within the glass.

2. Installer said getting a darker tint will help more in this scenario over the heat rejection film. Is this true?

3. Removing the existing sunfilm and getting a darker with good heat rejection sunfilm. Please suggest an alternative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi (Post 5785721)
Even though I got a good sunfilm installed, I can still feel the heat coming through the sunroof. What else can be done?

3. Removing the existing sunfilm and getting a darker with good heat rejection sunfilm.

This is the best option, in my opinion. Also, the main culprit for heat seeping into the cabin is the windshield. You should get a sunfilm installed for the windshield.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi (Post 5785721)
Even though I got a good sunfilm installed, I can still feel the heat coming through the sunroof. What else can be done? .

Max heat comes in from the windshields - front and back. You mentioned all 4 sides covered, so this part is done.

Instead of removing the existing one on the sunroof, how about adding one more layer of light film to the sunroof ?

One idea of the sunroof is to have some light come in too, in situations ? You would reduce this by putting in too dark a film