Team-BHP - Are We Biased Or Just Blind??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Are We Biased Or Just Blind?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/57133-we-biased-just-blind-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 1301384)
Adman77: Thats really amazing to hear that your tuner did that! The approach of your tuner is pretty much spot on. The enthusiasm to try a new engine, laying out the risks upfront, and replacing that engine brings total respect for this. I guess the 1.4L was overbored and under extreme stress. You really are lucky and should stick to someone like this.

Exactly. And he had told me that he would compensate if anything would happen. I must say I didn't expect him to keep his word, but was quite surprised in the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 1301139)
After going through all the above posts, i'd like to put down a brief version of my story. As most of you guys know, I drive an Opel Corsa and it's not that easy to tune one. After a lot of trial and errror with a lot of tuners, I went to Fahad Kutty of Game Over tuning. He was quite curious to work on my car and asked for a couple of months to try things out. The dangers were laid out to me right at the start. He started experimenting with the 1.4 engine and finally managed to do what he had set out to do. The car ran fabulously for a couple of months and then we blew the engine.
Now listen to this. He picks up the car from my place, takes it to his garage and replaces the mill with a 1.6 one free of cost! That's cause he had promised me right in the beginning that he was experimenting with the car as he had never tuned one before. And if anything would go wrong, he would make up for it. Today, after all these years, I have just one thing for that man. Respect.

Hats off to your tuner Mr. Fahad Kutty for doing what he did - accept that he was wrong - and then going a step further & ACTUALLY replacing your busted engine at his own cost...Did not know that honesty still exists !!

Whilst there are others who only promise compensations to get brownie points on a forum !!!

Cheers

These are the characteristics of people with honesty & integrity. Huge RESPECT for Mr Kutty for doing what he did.

Well just read the whole thread. Only thing I can say is that if you have the money and willing to take the risk, go to these tuners. Otherwise stick to stock. Why try and increase the power of a Zen. Just sell it and buy a Palio GTX. You won't spend much. If you want to mod then just stick to CAI & FFE and maybe an engine swap. This seems to be a safer option than polishing, Turbo etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1313988)
Only thing I can say is that if you have the money and willing to take the risk, go to these tuners. Otherwise stick to stock.

Pedro, its an addiction to mod, once your hooked , your hooked, and once you manage to make your car fast, you want to make it faster :D ! In fact a lot of times, this greed has led to blown engines esp. in case of FI setups .

Hmm, about not going to the tuners or not, well... if one is not comfortable, one can always learn things and go the DIY route :) If one has done his/her homework right, I don't see a reason for someone to go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techn0l0gist (Post 1314336)
Pedro, its an addiction to mod, once your hooked , your hooked, and once you manage to make your car fast, you want to make it faster :D ! In fact a lot of times, this greed has led to blown engines esp. in case of FI setups .

Hmm, about not going to the tuners or not, well... if one is not comfortable, one can always learn things and go the DIY route :) If one has done his/her homework right, I don't see a reason for someone to go wrong.

When I was buying my Siena, I had a choice of 1.2 & 1.6. Rather than modding the 1.2, I spent a little more and got the 1.6. As for mods, I'll just go in for the Green Cotton Filter or the Reactive. Whenever my stock exhaust is due for replacement, I may think of a FFE. I heard from Dinar about the ECU project you are working on. I may go in for that. But no mechanical mods for the engine.

Its a different trip altogether, If you dont understand, I cannot explain it to you. Its that simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 1314532)
Its a different trip altogether, If you dont understand, I cannot explain it to you. Its that simple.

I don't need any explanation. What I'm trying to say that without a proper job done it's not worth it. Meanwhile those who want to risk it can go ahead.

Happens all over the world, forget India. The pic will convey rest- its for real.

Are We Biased Or Just Blind??-new1.jpg

Pic Credit: Scott Tsuneishi, Senior Editor, Import Tuner Magazine.

I see nothing wrong with the picture. Miata is a FWD car, as are all cars driven by girls and gay men.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananthkamath (Post 1314852)
I see nothing wrong with the picture. Miata is a FWD car, as are all cars driven by girls and gay men.

I knew you would be one of the first to comment on this, and boy I wasn't mistaken. Should email Scott and check which state was this shop in- my guess is Alabama or Texas or Kentucky or Ohio or....

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1314443)
As for mods, I'll just go in for the Green Cotton Filter or the Reactive. Whenever my stock exhaust is due for replacement, I may think of a FFE. But no mechanical mods for the engine.

don't worry, we'll try and get you behind the wheel of something fancy, and done properly , that might change your views or who knows you might join the rest of us :D

I don't get ananth's comment...

The MX-5 is RWD isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1315408)

The MX-5 is RWD isn't it?

It's probably a pun, due to the mx-5s stereotype (so much so that the result is the Pic above!) :D

I really wonder what was the dyno chart when the car was started !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1315408)

Being a miata owner himself, he has to live with the unfortunate stereotype - "Miata is a FWD car, as are all cars driven by girls and gay men"

His post was a sarcastic comment on that :D

cya
R