Team-BHP - Turbo Facts - How Much Boost In India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Turbo Facts - How Much Boost In India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/7118-turbo-facts-how-much-boost-india-2.html)

Psycho.... i need a turbo.... :)

hey psycho im really happy you bought this topic up..i dont want to take any names..but there's a tuner in bombay who claim's to have achieved 2 bar's of boost from his civic...its just a bunch of crap been pot together..he was also there at this year's speed run..landed up with a blown piston..by now im sure people on here..know who im reffering to...also to the mods i hope you dont delete this because im not doing this in order to insult anyone im just doing it to make people realise what kind of talks to the rounds in the bombay drag racing scene..hehe..chers happy revvin..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragger
hey psycho im really happy you bought this topic up..i dont want to take any names..but there's a tuner in bombay who claim's to have achieved 2 bar's of boost from his civic...its just a bunch of crap been pot together..he was also there at this year's speed run..landed up with a blown piston..by now im sure people on here..know who im reffering to...also to the mods i hope you dont delete this because im not doing this in order to insult anyone im just doing it to make people realise what kind of talks to the rounds in the bombay drag racing scene..hehe..chers happy revvin..

Are you mistaking the black Accord to be a Civic? If you are, the guy is claiming 2 bar+ Why would you doubt it? He had issues at the Speedrun though.

hey ported..ye sorry that's what i meant..accord..and yes inspite of that i still find it very tough to believe that the car's running on 2 bar's of boost..i do realise everyone goes through issue's while tuning and testing..at times even during racing..but if you seriously put a lot of thought into it do think 2 bar's of boost would be attainable on that specific car..people if you'll could give out your opinion's..Jignesh back me up here..hehe..cheers..happy revvin..!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragger
hey ported..ye sorry that's what i meant..accord..and yes inspite of that i still find it very tough to believe that the car's running on 2 bar's of boost..i do realise everyone goes through issue's while tuning and testing..at times even during racing..but if you seriously put a lot of thought into it do think 2 bar's of boost would be attainable on that specific car..people if you'll could give out your opinion's..Jignesh back me up here..hehe..cheers..happy revvin..!!

Hey Nikhil,

All of us in the real world here in Mumbai know whats going on and who is doing what and saying what. No point commenting on fantasy when something is real I will comment otherwise once again people will say I am cribbing.;)

Viper

PS - For the record he had blown his engine 2 weeks prior to the race as well was running around looking for forged pistons. I think he is the same tuner who is based opp Gold's Gym Nepean Sea Road.

I am running my car at 18 PSI boost... Earlier before remapping, the car was running at 10 PSI.. now with the ECU map changed I am getting 18 PSI.. We tried working at 21 PSI but there was mis-firing since I yet have to install a bigger Intercooler.. Once that is done the car will surely be running at 21 PSI...
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
I am running my car at 18 PSI boost... Earlier before remapping, the car was running at 10 PSI.. now with the ECU map changed I am getting 18 PSI.. We tried working at 21 PSI but there was mis-firing since I yet have to install a bigger Intercooler.. Once that is done the car will surely be running at 21 PSI...
Cheers

whoa,,,
Sounds interesting how much is approx HP increase at 18Psi & till what level can stock internals handle? are u using stock injectors at 21Psi? have u tried plugining the sparkplug gap to check for misfiring,and last question :p when do we see it in action? in nxt meet???

yeahh dude..18 psi is amazing...how much bhp you are getting now?

@EVO6, what car are you running that boost in?

Car done and running at 21psi.. Generating about 255 bhp..
Ford Rocam has seen the car in its full glory so maybe he can comment on the performance...
Cheersssss

Am at 7 PSI for now hope to go higher in the very near future :)

Lexus V8 (1UZFE) eninge transplanted into a e36 with x2 rear mounted GT3540's with 2x GT I wastegates Hks converging into 1 intercooler with a SARD BOV <hks BOV lost a gasket due to operator issue used a the back up SARD> 15psi boost. Adaptronic is completely stand alone ECU. 950cc injectors and 400lph pump, steel braided lines. Oil cooler etc etc. everything is all forged pistons crank. Stated on the net that the engin stock an handle 50psi but with all the added forged internals must do better.

Now at 12.5 psi here is what i get is it worth puching it further.

Turbo Facts - How Much Boost In India?-image.jpg

Turbo Facts - How Much Boost In India?-image.jpg
Adding the second pic of the dyno runs

AFAIK we could hit about 1000hp mark with 25-28psi of boost. Any comments....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harish.Krovvidi (Post 3519431)
Attachment 1280927
Adding the second pic of the dyno runs

AFAIK we could hit about 1000hp mark with 25-28psi of boost. Any comments....

whoa this build happening in Bangalore?? would love it if you could share some more details though.

Cheers!!