Team-BHP - Bharat Radio (Worli, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Bharat Radio (Worli, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/82759-bharat-radio-worli-mumbai.html)

Mod Note: This outlet has now shut down.

Products sold:
• Most major brands of ICE

Services offered:
•ICE installs and debugging.

What I like:
• Superb for installs which do not involve custom fiberglass jobs
• Really economical amplifer repair. They even repaired a home brew (car) amp that I had made.

What I don't like:
• No Custom fiberglass work
• Tuning ability is strictly average - then again I have a really diffcult ear to tune for.

Speciality / USP:
One of the few ICE shops where your car will be behind a gated shutter.

Contact Information: 24932735

My Remarks:
I first started using Bharat when my back gave way (in 96) and I could not do my own ICE installs.

They are
a. honest
b. reasonable

For 95% of the installs (their limitation is that they still do not do custom fiberglass enclosures) they are the right people to go to.

If you get to Bharat talk to Lila or Mr. Gandhi. Lila runs the place. Mr. Gandhi owns it.

Your will find Bharat as you drive South to North just as teh Worli flyover ends. If you use the flyover you will miss it. To get there (while driving South to North) you have to skip the flyover, make a U turn at Arrey Milk Colony and head back to Annie Besant Road. Make a right on Annie Besant Road and you will find it just after the petrol pump and Sunville Restraunt.

Guys ICE is not rocket science. If you have an HONEST installer you can be assured of getting a good install. This is where Bharat comes up trumps.

To add to that, they're also very good for having sun-film fitted.

Although their own staff doesn't do it, Leela can arrange for someone to come there and fit the sun film indoors.

Whats great is that she makes sure that the fitting is done without any blemishes and since it is done in their shop, chances of dust getting trapped are minimal.

Had my parents car fitted with Johnson films several years ago there and the job was immaculate - still looks as good as day one. The labour charges were also pretty reasonable.

Ms. Lila is a nice person, and she stocks and knows of all kinds of stuff. My ICE was designed by her as mix and match solution.
However, her tuning or her ear for a perfectly balanced sound is not all that great. My car sounded very rear heavy after the install - later got it rebalanced from another place.

Prices are very competitive and in general they (Ms. Lila or Mr. Gandhi) do not try to rip you off for anything.
If you need a custom box for sub-woofer, it's best to avoid their carpenter and source it from elsewhere.

I like the chaps (and lady) at Bharat Audio. Based on Navin's recommendation, I got my OHC Vtec's stereo completely rewired, reinstalled and retuned from there (it just wasn't sound right before). Told Leela that I want a "disco" sound and she gave me just that.

Charges are very reasonable. Leela is honest. Made do with my existing speakers even though Navin gave her the green signal for new 6x9s once. Bharat Audio has an enclosed parking bay that can accommodate 2 / 3 cars (big plus) and technicians are sharp (no reverse-cap 14 year old pappus splicing your wires).

I even got my Jeep ICE installed there. They are great for car audio in the budget range of 10,000 - 60,000.

Mama Mia so many TBHPians already use Bharat!

i used them too for 3 cars of mine. but over the years ive seen the service drop, this year when i went to find out about ice for my honda accord leela seemed least interested selling. also she didnt seem to have any brands besides sony and pioneer. also they have old catalogues of products. i used to recommend them to friends but i was pretty disgusted after i went there last. also mr.gandhi is known to my family.

their staff are good at installing though.

i have voted not recommended as would not buy ice from there. installation is fine.

Recently Bharat Radio re-installed the original becker europa radio in my 1956 Mercedes. The car was missing the radio for 30+ years. And they did such a spectacular job. Mr Gandhi is an amazing gentleman, trained in Germany and really knows his stuff no matter whatever age. I would never go anywhere else but Bharat Radio.

I incidentally have been using Bharat since 1978

Recommended an office colleague to Bharat Radio for ICE on his Indica.
He needed a simple basic system.
Was very happy with the prices and service.

Has it closed down?
I saw a Board of Motoshines and Hyundai in it's place

Hi Guys,

I had got a stereo install done by them on my Sumo way back in 1996. The job was a total disaster. They used huge screws with which they secured the speaker boxes and the screws could be seen sticking out of the wheel arches. When I pointed this out I was told it was normal. The head unit was also rattling after fitment. It took them ages to do the job and I was not at all happy with the job they did. I would never go back there again. I finally went back to Milan subway and got the job done properly.

Regards,
SS

I thought I should contribute by mentioning the state of their current affairs. Bharat Radio was one of two places Mr.Navin advised me to go to, when I reached their spot I realised I've been here before. 17 years ago! when we bought our old Esteem. They did an excellent job back then.
The story is different today. Bharat Radio is almost completely out(by their own admission) of the Car Audio business. They've gone from having a full range of products, except exotic ones, to only stocking the local Pioneer units that the company officially sells in India i.e. Products such as the P99RS by Pioneer will be not be sold by them.
They have diversified into Car detailing such films, polishing, tyres, those matte look wrap things etc...
If basic car audio upgrade is what you're after then you should be happy with Bharat Radio. Anything fancier than that? Look elsewhere...

I would also like to mention the lady at the front desk, Lila, was an absolute delight to speak to and is one of the most honest sales person I've met in a very long time. She did not try to push a sale that neither me nor another gentlemen beside me did not need and was very frank and informative on concerns.

I hope my feedback helps future BHPians looking for Audio upgrades.

Thanks to BHPian GTsunny for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

Dear team,

Just an update. I met the owner of Bharat Auto, Worli today (earlier Bharat Radio) - Nitin Gandhi. Sadly his Dad, Mr. Gandhi passed away recently.

I kept bringing up Team-BHP in my discussions and Nitin said he knows about the website, and I also mentioned Bharat Radio. That is how he mentioned and also how I came to know that they were the owners of Bharat Radio and around 2008 IIRC, moved to becoming an authorised Hyundai service centre, although they do service other brands' cars too.

I have given our 1.2L Polo for servicing to them based on a friend’s recommendation. Nitin seems like an honest person and was realistic about what could be possible and what won’t be, and also said that we should avoid overspending as it’s a 9 year old beater sort of car and learn to live with some small, bearable flaws as long as the parts are in working condition. I felt it was quite an honest and practical advice and a far cry from service centres that try to rip you off :thumbs up.

Another reason for posting this is that I found it quite interesting that they also have a consultancy for premium cars wherein they, on your behalf, deal with your authorised service centre and bring your costs down to only the work that is actually required and unrequired items are not added in the bill, and in the process help you save a considerable amount of money. I wouldn’t mind trying this if I had a premium car like BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover etc. as it makes us feel better that we have someone on our side (just like Team-BHP).

So yes, just thought I’d share this hoping it’ll help
1. Anyone looking for an authorised Hyundai service centre around Worli
2. Someone looking for service centre for their cars around Worli
3. Someone with a premium car who needs help to avoid being ripped off