Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-10.html)

Tanveer, thanks .. the option to upgrade to 100/90 later, or when driving on high-ways is one of the things I was thinking about.

Going for a full 100/90 setup for the Sumo. Prerana guys are suggesting Mico or Minda. But they say it's better to change the relay also if I want to go for the 75/70.

Mico, minda etc., are good companies for relay. Make sure you get the whole wiring kit and not just the relay.

functional non show lighting requirements:
Hi,
I am new member, posting this message for the first time. I have Maruti 800( 97 Model) car. I would like to upgrade headlamps. Can I fit ALto's Halogen 12V 60/55W bulb to my car? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks.
Geekay

Your car already has 60/55W halogens.
Alto does not come with any special lamps, these are standard mico/philips etc., bulbs which are there in all cars with H4 bulbs which include the M800,indica, wagonR. santro etc., too

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 340331)
Get Philips rally bulbs of 100/90 ratings. they are tend to be illegal but will help a lot and won't cause too much of a trouble to opposite vehicles if the focussing is done correctly. Don't put in anything brighter.

You can get these from any reputed automotive spare shop or accessories shops.

If you have the stock wiring for the Headlamps, it will have to be replaced with a more higher capacity headlamp wiring kit. This can be done from any service workshops or accessories shops.

If you have some spare time, visit Emperor @ Palarivattom, Car shoppe @ Palarivattom, General motor accessories @ Mamangalam or any nearest shop in Cochin.

Wanna know more? Come for our proposed meet. Read about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2006-a-8.html

P.S. Next time, type properly to avoid warnings. :)

hey zak, thanks man.. did the checking out bit in those shops.. they were pretty good and helpful..

sad i couldn't be there for the kerala meet.. was very busy.. and sheesh.. i myself am logging in after a couple of days.. hopefully the typing is done correctly this time around..:p sorry about the typing errors in the earlier post..

Guys, need help here: Got a 200W relay and swapped the 60/55W bulbs with 100/90W. But dont seem to find much difference. One thing is I got Mico / Bosch H4's rated at 2600 & 1700 lumens, IIRC. Are the bulbs the culprit? Or is it something else?

The best way to find is to fit one old bulb and one new and then park against a wall. You will find out whether output is different.
Do the Bosch H4's say "30% more light" on their packing?
You could also compare with Philips Bluevision, Hella Gold etc., and choose what you like best.

Tanveer, thanks. The package doesnt say 30% more light. Are there special / different bulbs from Bosch with such packaging ?

But the brightness did look better on the way back today. I will check out the ones you have mentioned. But mean-while, ensuring correct focussing should help.

I also asked the Bosch dealer regarding the 75/70W's mentioned on the Bosch web-site. The dealer didnt seem aware of these. Atleast, it looks like those are not regularly moving products.

Do the Bosch 100/90 W also come with 30% more light feature ,similar to philips vision plus.

Ps:
Power Bulbs

Just a quick question on what kind of bulbs the palio uses on the low and high beam ? H7s on both ? any idea ?

AFAIK its a H7. Your service manual will have the details.

I guess Palios will need 4 bulbs in total? Because Palios have separate low beam lamps & high beam lamps? I was actually going to ask the same question here today :-)

Yes, 4 bulbs if you going for an upgrade.
If you want to upgrade the fogs too, then its like 6 bulbs.
To save costs you can just upgrade the high beams as low beams are pretty adequate on most cars, its the long throw which is an issue.
Make sure you fit in the bulb before buying and observe the throw. Different bulbs have different geometries, so a bulb which does great in a corolla may not be the same in a Palio.

Thanks, TSK1979! I guess I'll stick to just the high beams. And I will fit and try before I buy.

Awesome , H7s it is then !, thanks guys