Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2020, 11:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Heroes 2020 - A tribute to Michael Schumacher now on Netflix India

A new documentary film featuring two-time Formula 1 world champion Mika Häkkinen, former Ferrari F1 driver – Felipe Massa, nine-time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen and World Rally Championship runner-up Michèle Mouton is now available for viewing on Netflix India. The 1 hour, 51minute documentary brings together drivers from F1, sportscars and rallying who tell their stories to each other.

Netflix link.

Heroes 2020 - A tribute to Michael Schumacher now on Netflix India-35ce9618b9234122806a810ef3d42c03.jpeg

Quote:
Though the motor racing disciplines differ, the stories they share across ten chapters in the film are broadly similar: their love of four wheels growing up, their big breaks, successes, failures, personal struggles and life-threatening accidents. Supplementing their narratives is a wealth of archive material, either gleaned from their personal collections or from the extensive library held at Formula 1 TV's headquarters at Biggin Hill.

Heroes has unearthed some previously unseen archive from key races such as Jerez 1997 (Mika Häkkinen's first win), Interlagos 2008 (when Felipe Massa lost the world championship) and Monza 2006 (when Michael Schumacher's retirement was announced). Of the 65 minutes of archive in the film, over three quarters of it is from the F1 library.
Source

Heroes 2020 - A tribute to Michael Schumacher now on Netflix India-2df5a7601a43430bbc585a212a0f8158.jpeg
blackwasp is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 12:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Heroes 2020 - A tribute to Michael Schumacher now on Netflix India

Motorsport fans, this is worth a watch. Especially since there is so little quality content on motorsport. I loved the theme and setting. 4 accomplished drivers (including Mika & Massa) arrive in some truly special cars, and then hang out in the hall / over cards talking about their motorsport careers. There is some excellent F1 footage from back in the day.

Of course, besides these 4, there is another "silent" participant. The series also covers the career progression of a certain M Schumacher .

You will love Mika even more after watching Heroes. He is the classiest gentleman the sport has ever seen.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched this yesterday, unintentionally, a friend just played this at random at his place. Great documentary, I didn't understand the setting though, why that particular venue was selected. Looked like the setting for a murder mystery more than anything else, like a set for a movie based on an Agatha Christie novel! And the camera angles just amplified that effect, bit dramatic.

A lot of it is a Schumi story. Am a great fan and am saddened by what he's going through right now of course. But gotta say whatever was said about him back in the day about 'taking out the opposition' was certainly true. Credit to Mika for being the gentleman that he is and not explicitly saying that in the documentary but nevertheless making it clear what was going on back then.

Another gem was the story of Michele Mouton, great to see her story in motorsport, very inspiring. All in all certainly worth a watch for F1/rally/motor racing fans.

Last edited by am1m : 26th April 2021 at 10:50.
Old 2nd May 2021, 12:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Motorsport fans, this is worth a watch. Especially since there is so little quality content on motorsport.
THIS.
Probably like most of the gentlemen on here, I am always ready to appreciate a well made racing documentary. Even if those are rarer than diamonds!

My favourites that I would include are - Rush(2013), Senna (2010), Ford v Ferrari (2019).
I've recently discovered a certain Japanese anime from '98 which I can't stop binging! Initial D, for you anime buffs out there.
Torquefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 18:20   #5
BANNED

Of late I have seen two threads on successive days on Facebook dedicated to Michael

1. Essentially about his well being. May be we can expect him in then paddock soon, my real hope.

2. Ferrari are putting his last cars on sale.

If he shows up then, I am sure the welcome will be tumultuous.

Last edited by sgiitk : 24th July 2022 at 18:28.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks