Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 09:16   #1
BHPian

A Life of Speed | The Juan Manuel Fangio Story | Netflix Documentary Film

After watching 'Schumacher' on Netflix two days back, came across this documentary film on the great Juan Manuel Fangio. It was released back on 20th March 2020.

A Life of Speed | The Juan Manuel Fangio Story | Netflix Documentary Film-a_life_of_speed_poster.jpg

Another excellent documentary exploring the life of the great 5 time world champion. Apart from the great man himself, the cast includes his wife, son and folks from the racing world like Fernando Alonso, Jackie Stewart, Mika Häkkinen, Alain Prost, Toto Wolff, Carlos Reutemann, Nico Rosberg, Hans Herrmann and Horacio Pagani.

Fangio's time was a completely different era. There was hardly any safety gear. Even the smallest error could result in severe injuries or death. Racer's faces would look like steam loco-pilots after the race!

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 17th September 2021 at 09:34.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 11:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: A Life of Speed | The Juan Manuel Fangio Story | Netflix Documentary Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Juan Manuel Fangio
Every day on Mumbai roads I am reminded of one of his famous quotes:

“Driving fast on the track does not scare me. What scares me is when I drive on the highway and get passed by some idiot who thinks he is Fangio.”

Remember when he entered Formula 1, he was older than Nico Rosberg was when Nico retired! And at that age of from 39 till he was 47 ('50-'58) he won 24 of 51 GP races (he took part in)...he missed '52 because of a car specification issue (Alfa Romeo could not participate).

Today only Alonso and Kimi are older than 39 and I don't think either will be racing at 47. Had he started as early as Max, Hamilton, Schumacher, or even Senna, I wonder how many F1 titles he'd have accumulated. 10? 15? 20 perhaps?

Last edited by navin : 17th September 2021 at 11:47.
navin is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks