Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 16:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Red Bull's new F1 racing simulator will set you back by $120,000 (Rs 99 Lakh)

F1 and Red Bull have introduced a new high-end racing simulator with a price tag of US$ 120,000 (Rs 99.04 lakh approx.). It's called Red Bull's "Champions Edition" simulator and is based on the team's Championship-winning RB18 F1 car from the 2022 season, which won 17 of the 22 Grand Prix.

Red Bull's new F1 racing simulator will set you back by 0,000 (Rs 99 Lakh)-racingsim.jpeg

The simulator is a replica of the front half of the F1 car, complete with the front wing and the side and top air ducts, although, the wheels are missing. The simulator also gets a curved display and a computer to run the virtual races. Owners can even link up the rigs with others and compete in multi-player F1 races.

Reports mention that the racing simulator can also be purchased without the front-wing assembly for a relatively lower price of US$ 90,000 (Rs 74.28 lakh).

The simulator will be manufactured using the same process as genuine F1 cars at Memento Exclusives' HQ in Northamptonshire, UK, and can be ordered via the F1 Authentics site.

Speaking about the racing simulator, Red Bull team principal, Christian Horner, stated that this simulator is as close as it gets to the real thing.

Source: Autoblog

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 17:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Red Bull's new F1 racing simulator will set you back by $120,000 (Rs 99 Lakh)

I had fantasized about installing one of these at home. Doing my daily commute on the Nürburgring and going to office (WFH ) once I am done. Or maybe choose a different racetrack for every day of the month.

It will become even better if this can be coupled with something like this : https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-vr2/

For now, it seems that its quite expensive for such activities, but a future iteration of the Playstation + VR2 headset + A seat that mimics the butt dyno effects could make it much closer to reality.

The day I get my hands on such a setup, I will probably retire from willingly driving on traffic infested public roads of Pune .
antz.bin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 17:16   #3
BHPian

Re: Red Bull's new F1 racing simulator will set you back by $120,000 (Rs 99 Lakh)

No doubt inspired from VER's sim obsession. He is too good, even in sim-racing! Almost won the 24 hours of Le Mans (virtual) had it not been for the glitches.

For us though, better to go to a decent karting arena and spend sometime on a 'real' circuit (which is more than enough for our non-trained necks). The thrill of gaining mere tenths over your previous lap is amazing!
ds.raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 20:39   #4
rGT
BHPian

Now that's dream material for sim-racers, but unfortunately out of budget for most of the casual gamers. Still, one can always dream on!
rGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 23:14   #5
BHPian

which simulator is it running?
Games Goblin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 11:32   #6
BHPian

The best option would be to setup a dedicated gaming room at a fraction of the cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks