Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2024, 19:31   #1
BHPian

2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April

F1 is back at Suzuka International Racing Course, Japan, for Round 4 of the F1 2024 Schedule. The race starts at 10:30 a.m. IST tomorrow!

2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-1image.jpg

Circuit Layout
2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-circuit.jpg

2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-stats.jpg

FP1 Result
2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-screenshot-987.png

FP2 Result
2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-screenshot-988.png
FP2 saw just 13 drivers out on track as it was raining.

FP3 Result
2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-screenshot-989.png

QUALIFYING Result
2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-screenshot-990.png

- Verstappen beats Perez to pole by 0.066s. Good to see Perez fighting for the pole, but Max is always a step ahead when it comes to race pace.

- Red Bull is on a different level at the Japanese GP, says Ferrari's Sainz. Many drivers complained the same, as Max was 0.5s faster than many drivers who qualified for Q3. In Hamilton's words, "Where's that half a second man?"

- McLaren seems to have the upper hand over Ferrari and Mercedes in Suzuka.

- Tsunoda continues to outqualify his teammate Ricciardo this season.

- Stroll per usual, struggling to qualify for Q3, whereas oldie Alonso is still going strong.

- Alpine finally got one car out of Q1, where Ocon starts 15th on the grid.

- Mercedes was hit with a FIA fine of €5,000 after George Russell pit-lane incident with Piastri, but not a grid drop, after the stewards found that they’d unsafely released Russell into the path of McLaren’s Oscar Piastri in Q1.

QUALIFYING Highlights

Source: F1

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 6th April 2024 at 19:45.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 12:37   #2
BHPian

Re: 2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April

Congrats RB on another 123 finish! ��
corvus corax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 12:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April

FORMULA 1 MSC CRUISES JAPANESE GRAND PRIX 2024 - RACE RESULT!

2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-screenshot-20240407-125020.png

Quote:
Verstappen led the way from start to finish as warmer than expected weather conditions, a variety of tyre strategies and a first-lap accident involving RB’s Daniel Ricciardo and the Williams of Alex Albon all played their part in proceedings.

It meant a third successive pole-to-victory conversion for the Dutchman at Suzuka, while also marking a third win from four races in 2024, boosting his lead in the drivers’ standings after it was dented by a brake-related retirement last time out at Albert Park.

After an improved qualifying display that saw him finish just over half a tenth away from pole, Perez backed up Verstappen to give Red Bull another one-two finish after their perfect results in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia to kick off the season.

Australian Grand Prix winner Carlos Sainz was the last of the front-runners to make their last pit stop and benefitted from fresher rubber to clear McLaren’s Lando Norris and team mate Charles Leclerc in the closing laps – the latter having completed one stop fewer on an alternate strategy.

Leclerc kept Norris at bay in fourth and fifth places respectively, while Fernando Alonso continued to lead Aston Martin’s charge en route to sixth, finishing just in front of the squabbling Mercedes and McLaren machines of George Russell and Oscar Piastri.

Piastri, on ageing hard tyres, and Russell, on newer medium tyres, had come close to colliding towards the end of the race when they went wheel-to-wheel at the final chicane, with the stewards looking into the incident after the Australian argued he was forced off the track.

Lewis Hamilton mirrored Russell’s strategy en route to ninth, having questioned Mercedes’ approach earlier in the race, with home hero Yuki Tsunoda taking the final point on offer for himself and RB as he battled his way to 10th via a series of fine overtakes.
Source:F1

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th April 2024 at 12:53.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 12:59   #4
BHPian

Race Result
2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-screenshot-992.png
Source: F1

- Max takes three consecutive victories at the Suzuka GP. He has now led more than 3,000 laps. The only drivers who have done the same are Schumacher, Hamilton, and Vettel.

- Sainz is on a podium spree as he continues to finish on the podium whenever he starts a race this season. Did Ferrari make a mistake by not signing him again? Only time will tell. He has opened up loads of opportunities for himself.

- After a long time, Ferrari got the strategy right, making the 1 stop work for Leclerc. A good drive by him, but certainly not on par with his teammate Sainz.

- A surprising team radio message by Hamilton: "Shall I let George by?" and he did let George go by!

- Alpines continue to struggle in the race.

- Williams and barriers seem to have a certain magnetic force between them. I wouldn't be surprised if Sargeant does not drive for Williams next season.

2024 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix | Suzuka International Racing Course | 5 - 7 April-whatsapp-image-20240407-12.52.02-pm.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th April 2024 at 15:31. Reason: As requested
ex-innova-guy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 21:33   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
For F1 fans who wish to SOCIALIZE and watch Japanese GP in Bombay.
Big thanks to RM Motorsports for the recommendation! Booked tickets on PayTM, walked into Khar Social thinking it'll just be 10 dudes watching F1 on a Sunday morning...man, it was PACKED! By 11 AM, there was literally no place to sit or stand.

The crowd's energy & enthusiasm was crazy. Loud volume from the speakers and cool pre-race & post-race commentary from the hosts. As always at Social, the F&B was fantastic. On the downside, it was a projector with lots of daylight, hence the brightness levels weren't like on an LED TV. Guess public screenings of races via projectors are good for the evenings / nights only.

Great race, enjoyed all the action .

GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 01:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Long back, when the Forum Mall in Koramangala was new, they used to screen F1 races in the atrium and there would be decent crowd to watch it. Every race weekend, my wife and I would go there for lunch and then watch the race! They stopped it after an year or so.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 09:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Long back, when the Forum Mall in Koramangala was new, they used to screen F1 races in the atrium and there would be decent crowd to watch it. Every race weekend, my wife and I would go there for lunch and then watch the race! They stopped it after an year or so.
Ah, thanks for bringing back memories. I was a regular there during 2005. All those heartbreaks from Kimi’s mechanical issues and the famous last lap overtaking by him in Suzuka and the last 10-odd laps battle between Schumi and Alonso in Imola still lingering in my mind. The atmosphere was mind-blowing.
rx100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 11:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Ah, thanks for bringing back memories. I was a regular there during 2005. All those heartbreaks from Kimi’s mechanical issues and the famous last lap overtaking by him in Suzuka and the last 10-odd laps battle between Schumi and Alonso in Imola still lingering in my mind. The atmosphere was mind-blowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Some of my cherished race 'screening' experiences:
2005-2010: Some of my graduate/post graduate F1 fans used to watch it on our common room tv, much to the dismay of many others, we even fought at times, ah good ol' days! Kimi's retirements like at the '05 European GP,

2011: In the lead upto the first ever Indian GP, to promote F1 (to my delight), Force India people came to my college and screened the Italian GP (when ALO got pushed into the grass by VET). Then I remember them coming over to HRC in Hyderabad for a quiz section as well, I got hold of some goodies by answering relatively simple questions

2012: During my Chennai days during 2012-2016, I used to approach many Hotel lounges-Taj Club House, Taj Coromandel to screen F1/or simply play it on their tv and get a confirmed guest (+1 or 2 of my colleagues whom I got into watching F1 ). The Chipstead lounge in Taj Coromandel had the best response to my request and I vividly remember watching amazing Grand Prix like 2012 Brazil, Silverstone, Abu Dhabi, crazy season.

2013: Believe it or not, I watched the season opener Australian GP at the local Domino's outlet! This was due to a power failure which had left me stranded without any other alternative (modem days, no hotspot as I had a relatively simple phone at the time). But to my absolute joy, RAI cruised to a comfortable win over ALO. Then it all went downhill for The Iceman in that season..

2014-current day: Ever since the Mercedes and HAM domination, I nearly lost interest in the sport itself, but continued watching as good ol' RAI, ALO and VET were competing with the new guns. 2017 and esp 2018 could have been great had Ferrari and VET not imploded (esp '18 Hockenheim). Got myself a projector in 2019 and started watching on it. Though I wish I could have watched the epic '21 Abu Dhabi finale somewhere with loads of F1 fans..
ds.raikkonen is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks