Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 18:25   #1
BHPian

2T Oil Mix with Petrol OR Auto-lube : For 2strokes

Hi All,

I have had some nasty experiences using Auto Lube, i.e. depending on the OIL pump to do the lubing for my RX-135 5 Speed.

I had re-bored my machine, and while on running in period, the OIL pump did not function properly and as a result the bike got seized again just after running in period.

Ever since then, I shut off the OIL pump , and mix 2T Oil with petrol. It gives me the psychological assurance that there is no issue with lubing.

After getting the bike fueled ,I get it back home and MIX the oil by myself, and shake the bike just to ensure its 'mixed'

I generally use Yamalube or Shell Advance VSX.

Which is the better option functionally, Auto Lube or Pre-mix ?
sameer9797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 22:14   #2
BHPian

Re: 2T Oil Mix with Petrol OR Auto-lube : For 2strokes

If it was me i would go with pre-mix and ditch the oil pump. Moreover you have had experience that the current oil pump in your bike is not working fine. So dont use it as you already learned it in teh expensive manner.

Leave the oil pump there but cut the connection from the oil can and also teh throttle cable and plug the inlet into the carb.
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 23:58   #3
BHPian

Pre- mix all the way. Invest in Fully Synth 2T oil - improved performance and extend engine life .

ps: did u know that oil injection was only invented to meet emission norms ?
Old 20th May 2011, 10:15   #4
BANNED

RX comes with bullet proof self lubrication system and never goes down until n unless some blockage happens in pipeline or some dirt goes along with oil, get it serviced by known good mechanic and use any good semi synthetic 2T with it and add 5-10 ml per Motul 800 fully synthetic oil as a premix after run-in period. Never use Motul with oil pump, 2T pump may not be able to pump it due to its viscosity.
Oil injection came in picture during early 70's for hurdle free running two stroke bikes and to make sure the optimum quantity of 2T oil injected, pre mix is always painful carrying a bottle of 2T, measuring etc. I use kids milk bottle, that comes with measurement easy to measure and pour oil also no leaks in carry bag.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 20th May 2011 at 10:21.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 14:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Pre- mix all the way. Invest in Fully Synth 2T oil - improved performance and extend engine life .

ps: did u know that oil injection was only invented to meet emission norms ?
Dude the Fully synth is slightly hard on the Pocket, thats the problem.

Only for Emissions the oil injection was invented ? But how does it differ, I mean from the emission point of view ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
RX comes with bullet proof self lubrication system and never goes down until n unless some blockage happens in pipeline or some dirt goes along with oil, get it serviced by known good mechanic and use any good semi synthetic 2T with it and add 5-10 ml per Motul 800 fully synthetic oil as a premix after run-in period. Never use Motul with oil pump, 2T pump may not be able to pump it due to its viscosity.
Oil injection came in picture during early 70's for hurdle free running two stroke bikes and to make sure the optimum quantity of 2T oil injected, pre mix is always painful carrying a bottle of 2T, measuring etc. I use kids milk bottle, that comes with measurement easy to measure and pour oil also no leaks in carry bag.
I dont agree that the Auto Lube is bullet proof, Ive heard of many lapses from people using Auto Lube.

And the biggest risk is, If it stops working, your machine is gone for a toss

I have had this argument with many of my friends. I don't see what is the hurdle in pre-mix. You don't have to carry OIL to the Petrol Bunk. I come back home after fuelling it, and MIX OIL at home, using a measuring instrument. Whats all the fuss about ?
Old 20th May 2011, 15:00   #6
BHPian

Not really expensive. Agip Fully Synth 2T , Petronas Fully Synth 2T available at around 500 bucks last time i checked. You'd need to use only about 20ml for every liter for gas. Or even lesser if your running Mak2T or something like that as your primary lub. Synth can be used as an add on / secondary 2T. You dont need to mix alot so 1 litre of Synth should last for quite some time . For all of these options and for peace of mind wrt your engine lub I'd say go the premix way.

Oil injection alters the volume of oil injected at different rpms cas the oil pump runs off the crank . So at low Rpms you have lesser oil going in and more oil going in at higher rpms. Compare that with premix that pumps in the same amount of oil mix at all rpms - results in higher emissions from premix compared to oil injection.

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 20th May 2011 at 15:03.
Old 20th May 2011, 15:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Not really expensive. Agip Fully Synth 2T , Petronas Fully Synth 2T available at around 500 bucks last time i checked. You'd need to use only about 20ml for every liter for gas. Or even lesser if your running Mak2T or something like that as your primary lub. Synth can be used as an add on / secondary 2T. You dont need to mix alot so 1 litre of Synth should last for quite some time . For all of these options and for peace of mind wrt your engine lub I'd say go the premix way.

Oil injection alters the volume of oil injected at different rpms cas the oil pump runs off the crank . So at low Rpms you have lesser oil going in and more oil going in at higher rpms. Compare that with premix that pumps in the same amount of oil mix at all rpms - results in higher emissions from premix compared to oil injection.
Right now I am on running in Period ( Gosh its a nightmare to be on Running in) . I am of the opinion that Fully synth OIL is not recommended while on running in. I will have a shot at the Fully synth once I am through.

MAk 2T ? I personally did not like the OIL, Too much of smoke

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks