Team-BHP - Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/103698-enfield-bullet-classic-350-versus-classic-500-a-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2541580)
congrats for selecting DS 500, even i am planning to book the same but the dealer do not have a demo model of 500 to test so i need to wait for some time

have you came across any news of issue related to matt paint, some body told me this paint gets dirty very soon

Normally Matt paint is not easy to clean. Dirt wont go off in one wipe, you might need to wash it.

What i booked is Teal green, not battle green, its not in India.

Another news i got is, Honda CRB 250R has no waiting period and delivery is within 2 days. So bit confusion :) RE delivery might take 6-8 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamanth (Post 2541611)
Normally Matt paint is not easy to clean. Dirt wont go off in one wipe, you might need to wash it.

What i booked is Teal green, not battle green, its not in India.

Another news i got is, Honda CRB 250R has no waiting period and delivery is within 2 days. So bit confusion :) RE delivery might take 6-8 months.

Ok, i am planning to book Desert storm, which has a matt paint, looking cool,

you cannot compare a RE with a sports bike, even i had a TD of Hero karizma ZMR the other day (thinking lets go for bike except RE since i own one) but came out clear that there is no way we can replace a RE with a sports bike, they are different segment bikes and IMHO RE bikes are for more mature audience :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2541740)
Ok, i am planning to book Desert storm, which has a matt paint, looking cool,

you cannot compare a RE with a sports bike, even i had a TD of Hero karizma ZMR the other day (thinking lets go for bike except RE since i own one) but came out clear that there is no way we can replace a RE with a sports bike, they are different segment bikes and IMHO RE bikes are for more mature audience :D

Yea right, I love touring in bikes, i dont think CBR250 will be suitable for long tours.

yup CL500 is great for touring long distances, RE vouches for that as well, they also suggest that CL500 is good if you travel long distance and CL350 is good for short and daily trips, this is what is communicated to me since my requirement is for shorter trips and they suggest me to go for CL350, but my liking is somewhat tilted to go for CL500 even for shorter trips and in city

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 2541580)

have you came across any news of issue related to matt paint, some body told me this paint gets dirty very soon

I checked out desert storm, even though it looks like Matt finish. Its smooth to touch, so wont have any problem cleaning and all.

I'm also in the same dilemma. I would love to get a CL500, but given my requirements I guess a CL350 will be a better choice. The new DS and Chrome colors are quite tempting, but would be difficult to maintain on a regular basis.

I was in a confusion between a TBTS/Classic350/CBR250R till recently. I rode a CBR250R too and though its a very good bike, I guess my heart wants a RE.

Just spoke to a CL500 owner a few hours back and he did mention "The CL500 burns a hole in my pocket with the rising petrol costs and minimal FE and the waiting period is almost a year but it is definitely worth the wait and money."

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 2543432)
Just spoke to a CL500 owner a few hours back and he did mention "The CL500 burns a hole in my pocket with the rising petrol costs and minimal FE and the waiting period is almost a year but it is definitely worth the wait and money."

So what kind of FE are the CL500 owners quoting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 2543432)
I'm also in the same dilemma. I would love to get a CL500, but given my requirements I guess a CL350 will be a better choice. The new DS and Chrome colors are quite tempting, but would be difficult to maintain on a regular basis.

I was in a confusion between a TBTS/Classic350/CBR250R till recently. I rode a CBR250R too and though its a very good bike, I guess my heart wants a RE.

Same dilemma here also, Choosing colors :) Chrome Maroon looked pretty good for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu (Post 2543442)

The guy said he got a 25 kpl on a trip to Ooty recently.

I have not driven a CL500 yet, but he mentioned that the bike handles very well. For sure, he was a satisfied owner.

Finally I chose CL 500 desert storm over CL350, booked the model today and I have been told that waiting period is 6 months, but since I am the second guy in my city to book desert storm, I hope I will get it before that (missed to be the first guy to book in my city)

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 2543467)
The guy said he got a 25 kpl on a trip to Ooty recently.

I have not driven a CL500 yet, but he mentioned that the bike handles very well. For sure, he was a satisfied owner.

Have to say that's quite less compared to what a few others, especially Randhawa have been quoting. Unless there's a specific issue with his bike, for which I wouldn't be surprised since I have seen the mileage vary on my electra from 38 KMPL to around 18 KMPL these days :Frustrati Since we already have bunch of C500 owners on this forum, would like to know what they have to say.

And while we are at it, how's C350 on this front, around 40 would be a safe assumption?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu

And while we are at it, how's C350 on this front, around 40 would be a safe assumption?

AFAIK the mileage is more than 40 kmpl nothing less than this as my friends told me

My 2011 G5 Deluxe is a US export model which gives me 75 mpg (31.87 kmpl) in town riding.
On a 412 mile (664 km) trip I just finished averaging about 57 mph (92 kmph) my fuel mileage was 81.552 mpg (34.659 kmpl).
This milage was both uphill and downhill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu (Post 2543442)

my 500 desert storm gives me about 35 kmpl. it ran 320 km on 9.1 ltrs of fuel. but i am driving below 50 km/hr as the bike is still under the first running in period.

it is quite good as compared to what the RE service people themselves are quoting,
i go by the actual user voice and will go with CL500 only