Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 12:29   #1
BHPian

Worst Service Experience at Cheran Automobiles.

Our Herohonda pleasure was purchased from this delear ( cheran Trivandrum) and we used to give it to service there .Even though buying experience was quite ok ,things started getting worse once servicing started.

IF you need to get your HH serviced you need to get up early morning and should go to the service center and need to stand in a queue in the road.The mighty service center pros may come at 9 (or 9.15) and will open the door.After that the queued up people in the road need to rush to the counter where the counter staff takes there own time to setup the computer and accessories and those who have managed to come to front will be able to leave early , the weaker ones might taste the bitterness (denial of service).

Ok.You have managed to take a job card from the people sitting at the counter, then you might need to wait for the SA to arrive and you push your vehicle to the spot he mentions and wait for his mercy to note down the issues.If he is kind enough then all of your points will be noted down. If it is first or second service you will get the bike on the same day as only oil need to be changed else they will suggest a date when you can pick up your bike.
Your bike will not be washed .My scoot was washed only for a couple of initial services.
When you return to get back your vehicle they will again take there own sweet time to deliver the bike and you will have to be at the mercy of the staff.

Now the whole system has changed,one need to take prior appointment and book your service .I got relieved hoping things will be better ,But that turned out be just a hope.Even if your booking is first you need to go and stand in the queue and muscle yourself to the counter to get the jobcard.The advantage of booking is that one can ensure that they can experience the great service of herohonda.

One fine morning poor bullboy decides to service his Herohonda pleasure as it is having a severe cold start problem.Got up early in the morning,finished quick break fast (managed to start the vehicle) and headed for the ASC (cheran).On the way I was thinking that i'll be the first to give it to service and eventually found out the 5-6 people have already queued up on the road by 8.0 clock.
The door was opened by 8.40 and by that time around 50-60 people were there and everyone rushed to the counter.I also somehow managed to give the service booklet and lady asked 'Do you have as booking?'.I bewildered and said no .The service booklet was put last in a stack and told that if any of the booked customer might not turn in then i will get a chance. I waited for sometime and rush seems to be increasing.I got back the booklet and told that i will book for next week.

I got a booking for saturday (23jul) and this time hoping that i was booked i turned in little late (8.45) as i wan't aware that booking only confirms that they will take the bike for service and not that i need not stand in the queue.
OK .I managed to get a job card and waited for the SA.One wandering SA turned in and while i was about to explain him the problems he disappeared .Again waited for 5 minutes and he came back.He wasn't bothered about my complaints and neither did he wrote anything .I told that bike is jerky, speedo not working ,cold start,vibration from handle.He immediately told bike will not be delivered today and they need time to look into all these.I told i could come only on the weekend to pick the bike.He suggested that it will gave them enough time and will do a complete checkup of the bike. Handing over the keys , I left after taking the slip.

On Wednesday i got a call saying the bike is ready and i can pickup.But these guys are so punctual that they will close it down when the clock strikes 5.30pm.So i wont be able to reach by time.
Early Saturday i went to the Service center hoping to pickup the bike carrying my helmet and taking two buses to reach there only to find out that they are closed stating 'vavu bali'.Heh .. The security informed that they will only open on Monday. Cursing my decision on buying a HH , I came back.
Today morning by 10.00am i went to pick up the bike and the ladies at the counter are so pathetic in approach that they are simply sitting and chatting rather than delivering the bike to customer.Even they haven't loaded the printer.Remember this is 10 in the morning.I had to raise the voice for which they said there is no one in the spares ( i didn't understand why).Seeing that they are not going to do anything ,I approached the service manager.Oh god he is another dumb *** , he was arguing with me for their issues.

Finally after 15 minutes of waiting they were able to generate a bill for 435rs and i gave it and got a gate pass. There is no one to deliver the bike .I got hold of a wandering SA and asked him to get the bike.He took the bike and went for a spin and came back. Before which he took 5 minutes to start the bike with the help of a mechanic( cold start issue not fixed).I asked is the speedo working ? He said no. The bike has tonnes of mud under center stand and under the engine and mudguard (not washed).I went to the service manager and asked is this the service you are doing ? For which he said that they dont wash the bikes. I asked then why the hell are they taking money and he said its for general checkup.Is this the general checkup, Speedo not working, cold start issues and i'm quiet sure that other issues are also not fixed.
Just for oil changing ,rotor cleaning and a rear bulb replacement they kept the bike for 3 days and the issues are not fixed and charged me rs435 including oil.What the hell is this.

Oath:In my life i'll not go to this moron's for service.But other HH service aren't better.

Lesson learnt: Never buy an HH bike unless you have trusted mechanic whom you can approach.

Bajaj ASc is far far better,May be miles ahead from my experience.God only save HH when they part with Honda.

Last edited by bullboy : 1st August 2011 at 12:30.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Worst Service Experience at Cheran Automobiles.

Looks like HH is bad everywhere.

Till 2003, when I was in tvm, I used to get my bike serviced from Cheran only and after seeing some of the HH ASCs in Bangalore, I felt cheran much better. But then again, there never used to be 50-60 bikes in the mornings. I never remember standing in a queue.

Isn't there any other HH ASC in trivandrum? I know there was on Laxmi Morors near Ayurveda college, but that was also not much better.

PS: My home in tvm is right behind Cheran
Old 1st August 2011, 18:01   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Looks like HH is bad everywhere.

Till 2003, when I was in tvm, I used to get my bike serviced from Cheran only and after seeing some of the HH ASCs in Bangalore, I felt cheran much better. But then again, there never used to be 50-60 bikes in the mornings. I never remember standing in a queue.

Isn't there any other HH ASC in trivandrum? I know there was on Laxmi Morors near Ayurveda college, but that was also not much better.

PS: My home in tvm is right behind Cheran
There is JCT motors near MG college. Two weeks back when Cherans guys where not eager to take my bike without booking i took the bike to JCT at around 9-9:10 only to find out that there twice as crowd gathered for service>Just remembered the old malayalam saying and went back home and these guys dont have any prior booking its FCFS i suppose.
You can check the small lane with lots of bike in the morning especially if it is saturday.
My issue is not with the waiting and booking i understand that it is difficult to handle if there are too many customers. But the problem is that they haven't fixed the issues despite keeping the bike for 8 days.

Last edited by bullboy : 1st August 2011 at 18:03.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

i have had a very good experience over all with the Hero Honda service in Bathinda punjab, i have owned HH since 2002 and till now allways got them serviced at The show room and its always been good.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Bullboy ,take your scooter to a good independent mechanic and get it serviced.You will get peace of mind.And lesser cost too.Dont haggle with these HH guys.Gosh,i was thinking my bajaj service was ok.Now i feel they are a hundred times better than this particular HH service you are speaking about!!!!!
Old 1st August 2011, 20:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
My issue is not with the waiting and booking i understand that it is difficult to handle if there are too many customers. But the problem is that they haven't fixed the issues despite keeping the bike for 8 days.
The main problem is that since there is too much crowd, the mechs would be overloaded and hence just do the basic stuff and deliver the bike. Yes, the ASCs should do a better job but when the demand is more and supply is less, it becomes a sellers market.
If your vehicle is out of warranty, better visit outside mechanic and get the issue sorted out.
If not, spend a day at the ASC and get the issues resolved. Don't speak to the service manager, go to the top (showroom area) where they have got potential customers and talk to the manager, even create a scene and your voice will be heard.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

bullboy, try Laksmi motors next time, they're at Aryasala. I had been there twice to get my Karizma serviced and it was better than JCT where i bought the bike from. Lakshmi is not the best but the mechanics and the SA actually listens to you and try to solve a problem. I went there after being fed up with JCT, i didn't go to Cheran since i have prior experience with them with a friend's CBZ.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:23   #8
BHPian

@desideep , This might depend on region and the dealer.Some are good some are bad.

Basically i give the scoot to a nearby mechanic for small niggling issues who also takes care of my pulsar .He is an expert in two strokes and also does extremely good job for my bike.He was not too keen to take the scoot as he told that he is not too good working with scoot and adviced me to take it to ASC to solve the transmission jerks and cold start issues.
The scoot was running without service for more than a year or so and it is more than 4 yrs old.
Thanks sankar will try out next time (year )
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:50   #9
BHPian

As expected the scoot cannot be started in the morning.This being primarily used by my mom for her temple poojas ,its impossible for her to kick start the scoot.Even it require more than 3-4 kicks to fire it to life.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:29   #10
BHPian

@Bullboy, you can take it to Ayyappan a good mechanic in Trivandrum who runs the Authorised service center for hero honda. both my brother and brother-in-law gets their splendor and passion serviced there. The exact location is when u get into the oneway road going from Bakery junction to vazhuthacaud, his shop is on the left side almost opposite to the ganapati temple. If u need any help do let me know i can PM my brother's number and he might be able to introduce you to him
Old 4th August 2011, 16:11   #11
BHPian

thanks jayakrishnan . I know the place and went there couple of times with my friend to get his HH serviced .The place is crowded now. But I think he wont work on scooters.
Old 4th August 2011, 16:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
As expected the scoot cannot be started in the morning.This being primarily used by my mom for her temple poojas ,its impossible for her to kick start the scoot.Even it require more than 3-4 kicks to fire it to life.
Cold start issue is present in all the new Hondas i suppose? I had it in my Karizma and my colleague with his Dazzler. The issue is because the pilot jet circuit is set pretty lean, slightly richen the pilot circuit and this will be remedied. You can do it yourself, remember the position of the screw before you attempt. If its an airscrew tighten it to make it richer and if its a fuel screw loosen it.
Old 4th August 2011, 16:33   #13
BHPian

@Sankar,This reminds me of our old Kiho Which simply refuses to start .Its an old Honda problem .Losts of kick was needed which lead to replace it with pleasure .The pleasure was quite ok when new .This started a year back and worsened. Even choke is of no use now.
I'm planning to replace the sparkplug and a adjust the airscrew.I haven't fiddled with the scoot yet.so not sure how to remove the panels .will try this weekend.
My pulsar despite being in rain for the whole night and tuned leanly starts in one crank without choke. I haven't used the choke on this bike till date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks