Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 22:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Battery Upgrade on Yamaha R15 V1.0 from 3.5AH to 9AH

Hi All,

Can anybody help me with suggestions of guidance on changing the 3.5Ah battery to 9Ah on Yamaha R15 v1.0?

Also it would be of great help if you can list down the advantages and disadvantages of this upgrade. Basically I am planning to do this because of the HID projector setup on my bike and I was informed to do so to overcome the battery drain issue.

Thanks in Advance!

MODS: Request you to merge this thread into a thread if it is already available. Since I was not able to locate a specific thread for my question I am creating this thread
Old 26th March 2014, 09:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Battery Upgrade on Yamaha R15 V1.0 from 3.5AH to 9AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi All,

Can anybody help me with suggestions of guidance on changing the 3.5Ah battery to 9Ah on Yamaha R15 v1.0?

Also it would be of great help if you can list down the advantages and disadvantages of this upgrade. Basically I am planning to do this because of the HID projector setup on my bike and I was informed to do so to overcome the battery drain issue.

Thanks in Advance!

MODS: Request you to merge this thread into a thread if it is already available. Since I was not able to locate a specific thread for my question I am creating this thread
Are you sure whether the battery cage of the R15 would accomodate the 9 Amp battery?If space is a constraint,you could try the Karizma's 6 amp MF battery.Am currently using a 35w HID along with a 55w halo bulb without any issues on my ZMA.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 18:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Battery Upgrade on Yamaha R15 V1.0 from 3.5AH to 9AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Are you sure whether the battery cage of the R15 would accomodate the 9 Amp battery?If space is a constraint,you could try the Karizma's 6 amp MF battery.Am currently using a 35w HID along with a 55w halo bulb without any issues on my ZMA.
No I don't think it would accommodate the 9AH battery easily. I was informed to add a clamp and fit the battery. I am still waiting for suggestions or help on the same.

I am planning to leave my bike for service very soon and get the setup. Hopefully I will get some help before that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks