Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2006, 23:15   #1
BHPian

Performance mods for 100cc bikes

Whak kind of performance mods can be done to 100cc - 4 stroke bikes?
The things I can think of:-
1) Free-flow exhausts
2) Good quality spark plugs
3) Mag wheels (Less weight and thus better performance - I think)

Please feel free to add to this list and how much would be the performance difference for each of these mods.
Old 1st March 2006, 23:16   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshspassion
Whak kind of performance mods can be done to 100cc - 4 stroke bikes?
The things I can think of:-
1) Free-flow exhausts
2) Good quality spark plugs
3) Mag wheels (Less weight and thus better performance - I think)

Please feel free to add to this list and how much would be the performance difference for each of these mods.
Oh! I fogot to add, I do not wish to modify the engine in any form. Just tune it properly.
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:08   #3
BHPian

If you are going for free-flow exhausts, and not tuning the engine, you might as well go for larger jets in the carburator...and a better performance Air Filter.

Apart from that you can strip down the bike of unwanted weight penalties, and try avoiding cosmetic upgrades...it does not make the bike look good.
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]A bigger carbeurettor ...MANDATORY for performance!!![/SIZE]
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! I fogot to add, I do not wish to modify the engine in any form. Just tune it properly.

Here is an honest suggestion to you. Keep your 100cc bike as it is. The best you can yield after spending money is a marginal improvement.

The best thing I will suggest is just go for a free flow. It will give your bike a loud throaty sound.

Alloys are useless on a 100cc bike and have not impact. Changing the sparkplug doesnt improve performance. That is a wrong notion.
Old 3rd March 2006, 07:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
A bigger carbeurettor ...MANDATORY for performance!!!

Actually a bigger carburetor might just screw up the performance of the engine. There are a lot of factors that come into consideration when it comes to a carb for an engine. A bigger carburetor doesn't necessarily mean better performance. Unless certain factors are satified.

Instead of changing the carburetor you can just upjet the carb and use a performance air filter to let more air into the engine.

Peace
DNR --- TCR
Old 3rd March 2006, 21:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Free flow would give u a good increase in performance as well as a nice sporty sound too. But make sure u pick up the right one cuz there are lots of mufflers available in the market that just make a lot of sound.
Old 4th March 2006, 04:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Free flow would give u a good increase in performance as well as a nice sporty sound too. But make sure u pick up the right one cuz there are lots of mufflers available in the market that just make a lot of sound.

by good performance, how much increase do you expect?

I had twin exhausts from a Korean Brand installed on my 100cc adreno. Increase was marginal and didnt justify the price if the excellent sound is not taken into consideration

dot expect more than 10% increase. In a 100cc 4-s bike that comes to a max of .9 bhp.

dont even try for something else. Nothin will help much on a 4-s 100cc bike. Things are different when it comes to 2-s bikes though.
Old 4th March 2006, 14:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

My Question... Why did u buy a 100cc economiser if u are looking for performance?
Now coming to ur question.... there's nothing u can do to increase performance.... coz if you do... u'll end up screwing the engine earlier than you do normally and gain in performance will not be worth the effort.
Old 4th March 2006, 15:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
My Question... Why did u buy a 100cc economiser if u are looking for performance?
Now coming to ur question.... there's nothing u can do to increase performance.... coz if you do... u'll end up screwing the engine earlier than you do normally and gain in performance will not be worth the effort.

exactly my point to prove.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Well! I bought the 100cc back in my college days when I was tight on cash and my mom also made sure that I do not get anything powerful. I am now kind of emotionally attached to my bike to let go and get a new one. Hence the thought of performance mods.
I know that I cannot create a monster of my bike, but an increase of a couple of horses is definitely a possibility. Also the bike would be used mainly inside the city so just want good accleration rather than top speed. FE is also not an issue anymore as I ride my bike only on weekends now.

And BTW how will the engine get screwed when I am not going to play with it? (Read the second post). If I am not wrong, changing the exhaust, air filters and wheels wound not affect the engine much.
Old 6th March 2006, 10:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well! I bought the 100cc back in my college days when I was tight on cash and my mom also made sure that I do not get anything powerful. I am now kind of emotionally attached to my bike to let go and get a new one. Hence the thought of performance mods.
I know that I cannot create a monster of my bike, but an increase of a couple of horses is definitely a possibility. Also the bike would be used mainly inside the city so just want good accleration rather than top speed. FE is also not an issue anymore as I ride my bike only on weekends now.

And BTW how will the engine get screwed when I am not going to play with it? (Read the second post). If I am not wrong, changing the exhaust, air filters and wheels wound not affect the engine much.

dont look anything more than a free flow exhaust. maybe you can play with the sprockets for top speed or pick-up. Rev up the engine a bit by playing with the fuel-air mixture.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 6th March 2006 at 11:02.
Old 6th March 2006, 12:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hey dude.... r u kidding me... a couple of horses without doing up the engine isnt possible! So keep it as it is and buy a new bike for performance.
Old 6th March 2006, 17:01   #14
BHPian

hey dude, i still too own a 100cc, they guys who replied r right, u cannot get much of power in 100cc, but theres something a lil that you can do as i did for my bike, U can fit a K&n Air filter or atleast a hp filter, doesnt screw ur engine, if u r looking for more pickup, drop a teeth in da front sprocket, if ur needing top speed drop a teeth or two in the rear( u will lose a lil pickup, but fitting a air filter along with it, i dont think u wil be losing pickup). I owna HH Passion(soon to be sold), I have fitted a 42 teeth ar sprocket n got a speed increase of 10, stock passion does 85 but mine does 94, n also allowing a lil lil more fuel to the carb doesnt harm as much, thats if ur not concerned bout mileage.

Also bout changing ur exhaust, dont think of it caz it does screw ur engine.
Old 18th April 2012, 00:17   #15
ISO
BANNED

Free flow K&N air filter

Hi friends

How can I fit K&N free flow air filter to my 1991 Hero Honda CD 100?

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks