Team-BHP - The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/112093-thump-i-always-loved-most-ownership-review-classic-350-a-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2626150)
I don't think weight should be an issue. If need be the chain can be adjusted since you are the only rider. :)

Imran, I generally drop my mom enroute before coming to office. My riding is split 60% alone and 40% pillion, hence I cannot get the chain adjusted with the single setting as when I go pillion, the traction might increase and vice versa. The Mechanic was mentioning about adjusting the rear shocks might resolve the issue but might also harden the rear suspension. I am confused. Looks like I need to pay a quick visit to Sudhakar Anna this weekend.
Quote:

Try changing the angle of the handle bar.

Should I be taking it up or down, I mean away from me or towards me? I guess it should move a bit towards me.
Quote:

I am against any such change and would recommend against the same.

I was giving it a thought as I miss the THUMP a lot. Saurabh, owner of Sans Inc, is a member of Team-BHP too and has mentioned on various threads that it doesnot impact the mileage or the internals of the engine. I get confused between the bulleting jargons used in those threads and always wade away from those waters as I know it's not my cup of tea, the up-jetting, down-jetting and etc gives me jitters. I have just read that Goldstar Silcencer by Sans Inc doesnot have any impact on the engine. If you have time, Imran, then please do read his post and translate into layman's lingo. Help would be much appreciated.

If I remember correctly we got the same sound when we ran your bike on the main stand. So the mechanic's theory of weight is rubbish.

Honestly I don't care about the thump and imho its overrated nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2626286)
If I remember correctly we got the same sound when we ran your bike on the main stand. So the mechanic's theory of weight is rubbish.

Yeah, I remember. This was the same sound we heard at the last lunch meet.

Diwa has posted something in the other thread, where I asked the same question. Looks exactly the same as we saw. I guess, it more of has to do with the rear mud guard. RE Service Center, here I come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diwa (Post 2626279)
The rear mud guard is scrapping your tyre when you ride with a pillion. Check your right side tyre wall for marks. I faced the same issue due to mud guard alignment, RE rectified after 3 visits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2626296)
Yeah, I remember. This was the same sound we heard at the last lunch meet.

Diwa has posted something in the other thread, where I asked the same question. Looks exactly the same as we saw. I guess, it more of has to do with the rear mud guard. RE Service Center, here I come.

Try to visually check your bike yourself. With an RE, you need to become a mechanic yourself.
:D

traveloholic: just get a madras silencer with a short muffler..tht should do good to you.
congrats on your acquisition.

Abhishek

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2626270)
I was giving it a thought as I miss the THUMP a lot.

From experience, I would suggest you stick to the stock silencer, a change in silencer will always come with a change in performance. The thump may be missing, but the bike will perform better. I switched back to the stock silencer after trying a few.

Looks like I would stick to the stock silencer then. Thanks for your inputs.

Today was riding pillion with another friend, when I notice that the sound from rear is clearly audible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2626625)
Today was riding pillion with another friend, when I notice that the sound from rear is clearly audible.

I think I have had issue1 on my bike as well.

I would hear a loud rubbing sound when I go over bumps and at the moment when the rear shocks would be exercised. It was more prominent with a pillion.

Cause of the issue was an over tight chain when the bike was delivered. Put the bike on center stand and check chain slackness at the center. It should be 2.5cm. Sometimes when checking without a scale, you would think the slackness is good enough (i misjudged how much 2.5cm would be and rode around with a tight chain, so pls use a scale) Now I have tight spots on my chain :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by datvichrox2 (Post 2626700)
... Put the bike on center stand and check chain slackness at the center. ...

Check with both wheels on ground, not while on stand. See that slackness is good at the tight spots too.

Congrats Nikhil! 'been checking out your thumper's pics. on FB and just came across this thread here!

Needless to say you're having a blast with it! I too am a fan of the RE CLASSIC 350 and cant wait til I can afford to have one! Incidentally, this is possibly the only 'new' bike that I want to have!

I'm generally not a fan of new vehicles, the only one I currently have is a Honda Activa as an all-time steed (although I bought it second hand, it was still quite 'new' then, but far far from it now!! :D)

OT: Nice to hear about your dad's Jawa & Lambretta! Do you have any old pics. of them? Atleast the lambretta? :D

Never ever had a chance to photoshoot Red_Strykr. Everytime I thought of doing it, I dozed off to sleep. A Sunday Morning's photoshoot plan always went kaput as I could not distance myself from my bed on Sunday Morning. However, this Sunday was a lot different. Could not sleep the whole night, why? Due to the Team-BHP Hyderabad's Maiden Ride Meet 2012 being planned on Sunday Morning. We rode down till Shamirpet Lake and then I did some photoshoots.

Enjoy the pics and do let me know your comments about the same.

My Ride, My Pride, My Thumper "Red_Strykr" basking in the glory

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0299.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0300.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0301.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0302.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0303.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0304.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0306.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0307.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0308.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0334.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0335.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0339.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0340.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0342.jpg

A Bull always marks it's territory and leaves behind trails for others to follow

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0309.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0310.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0311.jpg

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0314.jpg

My Custom Made Helmet to go with My Ride, My Pride, My Thumper "Red_Strykr"

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0305.jpg

The Ride and The Rider do compliment each other.

The Thump, I always loved the most – Ownership Review of Classic 350-img_0346.jpg

Nikhil bhai, must say that the stars of the ride meet were the bullets, ram saab's modified yamaha enticer and the ninjas. You have got yourself a classic bike which has stood the test of time and above all has a loyal following. My 2 cents though I am not a bike guy is that the bullets always sound amazing with the stock silencers. As rightly pointed by Imran bhai, I have heard from most of my friends who own bullets that you need to pick up some mechanical skills in maintaining your bullets. Happy riding and drive safe pal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2601454)
Everything was great except that the thump was missing and I was yearning all the time for that thump. To satiate my urge of thump, I mated a Royal Enfiled Silencer to Bajaj Avenger to give birth to “Royal Bajaj Avenfield”. A monster by itself, it has taken me to every corner of the city where I had to go.

Hi traveloholic! First I liked your terms "brother from another mother'. Cool!

I just acquired a pre-owned Avenger 200cc (wanted to get a new one but family restrictions :p put me off plus I already have a Pulsar). I had the idea of fitting the enfield silencer on the Avenger. I am glad you have experimented already. I need your advice.

Few questions for you friend-

What was the version of silencer you put in?
Was it a direct fit?
How loud was it or could we keep it subtle?
Did the mileage take a hit?
Any changes it performance - like pick up, engine damage, carb upjetting or something like that?

Please advice any points that I might missed out. Thank in advance.

Anybody else please throw some light on this point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn (Post 3149036)
Hi traveloholic! First I liked your terms "brother from another mother'. Cool!

:D

Now to the most important questions:
What was the version of silencer you put in? I put on a Goldstar, sourced locally.

Was it a direct fit? It was a sort of direct fit. Just a few tweaks here and there. None of these tweaks would impact the performance or the safety aspect.

How loud was it or could we keep it subtle? I kept it a mid bassy. Not too loud, not too low.

Did the mileage take a hit? No, I did not notice a drop in mileage as it was not a Freeflow exhaust.

Any changes it performance - like pick up, engine damage, carb upjetting or something like that? It's performance was as it was prior to making the upgrade.