Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 10:51   #1

Bike and Drag Questions

I am coming home to Bangalore this May and I am very excited as I have a lot of plans. Hopefully I am able to make a majority of them a reality. As I see from this forum a lot has been hapening since I left home and even before that as I found this forum not too long ago. Therefore I have a lot of questions so please bear with me.
1. Are there any drags that might be happening in Bagalore between May 25th and June 20th this year?
2. Are there any tracks in or around Bangalore? If not where are the closest ones? How often are there track days organized for bikes?
3. As I saw in the Delhi speed run thread our RX's and Rd's are running pretty fast times. How close are these times to what we see in Bagalore?
4. Are these 13-14 seccond bikes normally aspirated and running regular fuel? Is the timing equipment currently being used at the races accurate? The last Jakkur Drag I was at the only way to tell(as a spectator) what times the bikes were running was to get an approximate measurement from my stopwatch.
5. Will H1/H3/H4/H7 bulbs fit an RX? (I know this question seems out of place but I am getting a great deal on some quality bulbs and want to pick up some for me and my friends)
6.Since I don't have the priveleges (yet) to post in the Marketplace area I must ask what are the current going rates for RD's in bangalore? I am not looking for a perfect bike, just a good engine...I don't care even if the body is completely wrecked as I plan to build it up from scratch into a race bike.
That's all that I can think of right now but I am sure a lot more questions will pop up into my head soon. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ashwin
Old 13th March 2006, 19:10   #2
BHPian

Where are yee Bangaloreans...why is it taking so long for thee to answer?
Old 13th March 2006, 20:14   #3
Tom
BHPian

lemme try:

1. nothing announced yet

2. nearest = coimbatore and chennai

3. not much difference

4. most guys run regular fuel / timing equipment is accurate

5. no clue

6. in b'lore a decent RD = 35-45k

im no expert...but hope this helps.

Tom
Old 18th March 2006, 03:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwingop
I am coming home to Bangalore this May and I am very excited as I have a lot of plans. Hopefully I am able to make a majority of them a reality. As I see from this forum a lot has been hapening since I left home and even before that as I found this forum not too long ago. Therefore I have a lot of questions so please bear with me.
1. Are there any drags that might be happening in Bagalore between May 25th and June 20th this year?
2. Are there any tracks in or around Bangalore? If not where are the closest ones? How often are there track days organized for bikes?
3. As I saw in the Delhi speed run thread our RX's and Rd's are running pretty fast times. How close are these times to what we see in Bagalore?
4. Are these 13-14 seccond bikes normally aspirated and running regular fuel? Is the timing equipment currently being used at the races accurate? The last Jakkur Drag I was at the only way to tell(as a spectator) what times the bikes were running was to get an approximate measurement from my stopwatch.
5. Will H1/H3/H4/H7 bulbs fit an RX? (I know this question seems out of place but I am getting a great deal on some quality bulbs and want to pick up some for me and my friends)
6.Since I don't have the priveleges (yet) to post in the Marketplace area I must ask what are the current going rates for RD's in bangalore? I am not looking for a perfect bike, just a good engine...I don't care even if the body is completely wrecked as I plan to build it up from scratch into a race bike.
That's all that I can think of right now but I am sure a lot more questions will pop up into my head soon. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ashwin

Hey ashwin
This might help

1.no news about organized drags, but you might be able to catch some action on brigade road and koramangala outer ring road on week ends late at night.

2.no idea
3.not much difference
4.regular fuel,timing equipment is not high end, just decent stop watches
5. no idea about RX's
6. you might also get a RD for 30 grand, but have to search really hard. try getting it from out of state, one of my pal got it and told me it was cheaper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks