Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2006, 13:35   #1
BHPian

Help:Humming noise in pulsar

Hey guyz !!

I have a pulsar 150... from the past few months can hear a noise (humming noise ) while riding on highway ... can hear it clearly when at around 80-90km/hr also when i hold the clutch while riding the noise is distinct.
I thought the noise is frm chain so cleaned using desiel... but no luck, also changed the chain sproket but didnot help

If anybody has faced such probs do help me out here.......
Old 18th March 2006, 02:54   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilled_fire
Hey guyz !!

I have a pulsar 150... from the past few months can hear a noise (humming noise ) while riding on highway ... can hear it clearly when at around 80-90km/hr also when i hold the clutch while riding the noise is distinct.
I thought the noise is frm chain so cleaned using desiel... but no luck, also changed the chain sproket but didnot help

If anybody has faced such probs do help me out here.......
Hey Chilled fire,

One of my pals had the same problem,
It might be the timing chain of the engine, just get it checked. and try adding some additives with your oil for some time after you get the timing chain replaced(in case that is the problem). If that dosen't help also try getting the petrol union checked, it also gives a humming sound if fuel doesnt enter the engine properly. i am not an expert, but hope this helps as my group is full of pulsars, and my pal got it rectified.
Old 20th March 2006, 13:27   #3
BHPian

Thanx Adarsh,

HEy !! a quick qns though, wat is this TIMING CHAIN ? and will this checkin of the timing chain b done at any garage or hav to go to the bajaj service center ?
And also wat kinda additives are u talkin bout?

Do let me kno and thanx again 4 the info .
Old 22nd March 2006, 02:37   #4
BHPian

Careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilled_fire
HEy !! a quick qns though, wat is this TIMING CHAIN ? and will this checkin of the timing chain b done at any garage or hav to go to the bajaj service center ?
And also wat kinda additives are u talkin bout?

Do let me kno and thanx again 4 the info .
The timing chain is a engine part which is inside the bore i think, it is a small chain. you must have seen some people use it as key shains also. it the timing chain is one or is not adjustem properly this humming sound tends to arise.

You can get it checked anywhere, either a local garage or a company service centre. But i suggest you getting it checked in a Bajaj authorized service centre, coz its safe there. AND IF YOUR BIKE IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY (LESS THAN TWO YEARS OLD, and if you have given your bike for service properly time time in the company, you can get your timing chain replaced FREE OF COST UNDER WARRANTY.PS YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE MANUAL).

The problem with local mechanics is they don't reassemble the parts properly, and sometimes they themselves create problems and swindle you telling that "sir, This is gone,that is gone, we have to replace this etc". Believe me Because I also Have a PULSAR 180 DTS-i (Spoke Wheel Edition) and have gone through a lot of problems.

By "Additives" I mean, Oil Treatment, you get a can of liquid from malaysia which smoothens the engine, Just wait for another week and i'll tell you the name of it and where to get it. I have my exams on 27th so kinda busy till then.

Cheers!

Last edited by adarshbr : 22nd March 2006 at 02:39.
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:24   #5
BHPian

Thanx again ,

But is tat chain running when the engine is shut off, cause when i ride down the slope and engine is off then 2 there is the noise?

And hey BEst of Luck 4 ur Exams !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks