Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Which bike for 90K?

Hi Guys,

I am from Bangalore and looking for a suggestion on bike.
I dont have much requirements but still there are a few.

1. It should be stylish
2. Mileage doesn't matter, but atleast 35-40 should be good. Below that it would be hard to maintain.
3. comfortable sitting position, even for pillion rider.
4. Budget max Rs 90,000
5. Daily usage would be 25 kms.

Considering few suggestions from my friends I have shortlisted Bajaj Avenger.
What do you think?

Anything else I need to consider before going for a bike? I already have i10, but looking for a change now, not that I want to sell it.

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which bike would you suggest?

Bajaj Avenger will suit your requirements. But tell me, which other bikes did you contemplate?

Also, please provide the following details:
a) Whats your height? (I am 6'2" and after driving Avenger for an hour, I had sour calf muscles).
b) Are you looking for a cruiser or a sports bike?
c) Will it be single driven or will it have pillion most of the times? (Not that it would matter a lot, but some back seats are not good for pillions).

My further advice would be to test drive the bikes you like and look for the one which suits your driving style, and you will have an answer for yourself

Last edited by _raVan_ : 22nd December 2011 at 11:48.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

The other cruiser would be RE thunderbird and it would cost 1lac up for sure.

Easy to maintain right?
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

With regards to the title - None

You have not narrowed down or have a shortlist of bikes except for Avenger.
While it is a good bike no doubt, does it meet/match your requirement?
Have you thought of other bikes in this price range? (RTR160/180, Yam FZ16/FZS, P220F/S) If yes and you have not liked them, understandable.
As _ravan_ has posted, what is your height/build? Have you used any bikes before?

Lots of queries mate. Please answer them and we can better suggest a bike! Else take the easy (well not really easy!) way out - Test ride most of the bikes available in this price range. You will definitely connect with one of them. That will be it.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 22nd December 2011 at 12:04.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
With regards to the title - None

You have not narrowed down or have a shortlist of bikes except for Avenger.
While it is a good bike no doubt, does it meet/match your requirement?
Have you thought of other bikes in this price range? (RTR160/180, Yam FZ16/FZS, P220F/S) If yes and you have not liked them, understandable.
As _ravan_ has posted, what is your height/build? Have you used any bikes before?

Lots of queries mate. Please answer them and we can better suggest a bike! Else take the easy (well not really easy!) way out - Test ride most of the bikes available in this price range. You will definitely connect with one of them. That will be it.
And I had an Avenger and had used it at Bangy for few months.
-You will find it a bit tough to get around at tight spots due to the length(wheelbase). Also, you dont sit upright like you do in other bikes and if so, it wont be comfortable and
-And rear seat isn't wwwwiddeee enough for many
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:08   #6
BHPian

Avenger with its long wheelbase coupled with extended forks upfront, can be a pain commuting in traffic. For sure you will finding it pretty difficult to zip through dense traffic on an Avenger. If you are planning to go on a long ride on weekends, this bike makes sense (a Royal Enfield, makes much more sense!).

For daily commuting, stick to something that is nimble and has decent power to lug you around in traffic. Why not look at Honda Dazzler or Unicorn? They are perfect city commuters with conservative looks and decent power, fuel efficiency isn't bad either.
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Why not look at Honda Dazzler or Unicorn? They are perfect city commuters with conservative looks and decent power, fuel efficiency isn't bad either.
His first requirement was "It should be stylish".So,the CB Unicorn is out(and it has a ten month waiting period here).
The Dazzler is a hit or a miss when looks are considered.
I would suggest him the Karizma R(superb ergonomics and has a great gearbox).
Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:56   #8
BHPian

I think Karizma R still makes a good case for itself if you don't mind the lack of few modern equipments and technology.
- it can deliver 35-40 kmpl
- it still looks good and upmarket
- maintenance should be easy
- Comfortable easy to drive

Other options like 220,RTR and Fz are also good but for your requirements, Karizma will be my choice.

I don't think riding avenger in blore traffic a good idea. Its as hectic as driving a car. Well almost !
Its a highway cruiser
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
I would suggest him the Karizma R(superb ergonomics and has a great gearbox).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
I think Karizma R still makes a good case for itself......
Guys, Karizma R is also a long wheel base bike and heavy as well. I have never used one for more than 3kms during a test ride, but how easy is it to use in city traffic, congested roads, tight parking spots etc? When i had the P220, it was a pain in city traffic with that half fairing and the bulky weight.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Karizma R is also a long wheel base bike and heavy as well. I have never used one for more than 3kms during a test ride, but how easy is it to use in city traffic, congested roads, tight parking spots etc? When i had the P220, it was a pain in city traffic with that half fairing and the bulky weight.
I found it to be very difficult,initially but now can handle it with ease.
I found the P180 to be difficult(more than the Karizma) in the city.It felt like it missed the first two gears!
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:11   #11
BHPian

Karizma is very easy to handle for city drive inspite of its weight and size. Yes, the front fairing will take little getting used to but its just a matter of time.
Ok it won't be a Splendor but Karizma is almost as good as any 150cc bike in terms of agility

Yeah Pulsars are slightly more cumbersome.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
ZMA is easy to ride in city . Dont worry about its weight, the design is quite scientific.
Stay away from Bajaj lineup except Kawasaki. I had an avenger and I only know how much it pains to ride it for more than 50 kms.

Avenger Rear seat is awful. It is very small and placed perpendicularly above the suspension. It directly hits the spine while over the pothole.
Front seat looks catchy and attractive since it is wide, but believe it is good only to see.
Maneuvering avenger is similar to bullet, but avenger has a better balance. High turning radius is an irritation and that is what makes it not suitable for city. Neither it is good for highways.
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
I found it to be very difficult,initially but now can handle it with ease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Karizma is very easy to handle for city drive inspite of its weight and size. Yes, the front fairing will take little getting used to but its just a matter of time.
Ok it won't be a Splendor but Karizma is almost as good as any 150cc bike in terms of agility
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
ZMA is easy to ride in city . Dont worry about its weight, the design is quite scientific.
Stay away from Bajaj lineup except Kawasaki. I had an avenger and I only know how much it pains to ride it for more than 50 kms.

Avenger Rear seat is awful. It is very small and placed perpendicularly above the suspension. It directly hits the spine while over the pothole.
Front seat looks catchy and attractive since it is wide, but believe it is good only to see.
Maneuvering avenger is similar to bullet, but avenger has a better balance. High turning radius is an irritation and that is what makes it not suitable for city. Neither it is good for highways.
Thanks for the input guys. Helped me understand the ZMA better. Its also valuable info for the OP to decide if he wants to pick up the ZMA. I somehow dont like the commuterish seating on the ZMA. Hence i did not delve further into the test ride after about 1-2kms.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 22nd December 2011 at 15:56.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:20   #14
BHPian

I think the Yamaha FZ-S would suit your requirements just fine.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:54   #15
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys. You have put in more thoughts for me now. But let me answer few of your queries so that I can help you as well as me to figure out the right bike.
_raVan_

1. My height is 5' 10"
2. Really not specific of getting a sports one or cruiser. I just want a stylish one.
3. Most of the times will ride single.

jkdas : I had a look at the bike, haven't tested. But I dont want to spend beyond 80-90K. And also the mileage is less as i heard, around 15-20? correct me If I am wrong.
Thanks for that input of driving would be difficult in Bangalore for traffic reasons. I had no clue about this
>> -And rear seat isn't wwwwiddeee enough for many
hhhmmm, I need to think about this point too . I thought it was comfortable enough.

abhinav.s
I haven't narrowed down yet. Just started off with Avenger.
Since I have poor knowledge on bikes, I thought I will get inputs from your guys.
My price range is max 90K, whatever it may be. Really dont know the prices of the bikes RTR160/180, Yam FZ16/FZS, P220F/S......

vinair
>> Why not look at Honda Dazzler or Unicorn?
Thanks.....i will consider these.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks