Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2011, 10:59   #1

Yamaha FZ16 to Yamaha Fazer16 - Conversion modification

Note from Mod : Your pictures have been uploaded to the Team-BHP server. Please note that it is MANDATORY to upload pictures only via the Team-BHP Attachment System. To know how to, click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP).

Hello all....

I just want to share my happiness with you all that I have converted my 3 year old Yamaha FZ16 to a Yamaha Fazer16

I started working on this almost 1 year ago, with planning, researching, reviewing my plans and once everything was ready...I went to my local mechanic and we both started on this.

Lucky that I have a friend who owns the original fazer16 and that he allowed me to strip his bike so that I can study the "internals" as to what goes where and what has to be welded to where to fix the "stay" to mount the fairing. I thank my friend Ricky - Extreme Dimensions, for helping me with all my vehicles.

Took me around 3 months to complete the whole project...as I know patience matters ....research matters...and you have to have the passion in you !

Well I am posting the pictures of my Fazer16. Hope you all like this.

Thank you

Ebin

Last edited by GTO : 26th December 2011 at 15:55. Reason: Uploading pictures to Team-BHP. See Mod Note in your post
ebinmoothedam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 15:02   #2
BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ16 to Yamaha Fazer16 - Conversion modification

Awesome! is the word that comes to my mind when i see these pic. The transformation is spot on. Loved the colour and the twin projector setup but instead of red, white would have looked killer. All in all a job well done!
Old 25th December 2011, 17:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratz ebin! Looks great! The paintjob has come out well, as expected!
Old 26th December 2011, 08:53   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Awesome! is the word that comes to my mind when i see these pic. The transformation is spot on. Loved the colour and the twin projector setup but instead of red, white would have looked killer. All in all a job well done!
@Ripper : Thank you for the words The original plan was to have white rings but then it looked very "soft" and didnt have an "aggressive" look. Also the light is not Red, its Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congratz ebin! Looks great! The paintjob has come out well, as expected!
Thank you Jay If not for your post about colormech somewhere else in the forum, I would not have got such a wonderful paint job

Last edited by GTO : 26th December 2011 at 15:50. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post on this forum please
Old 26th December 2011, 11:30   #5
BHPian

Congrats.. Looks amazing. Good you have used a very subtle and dark colors. Adds richness to the looks.
Old 26th December 2011, 12:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME!

But why Italian insignias on a Jap bike?
Old 26th December 2011, 13:01   #7
BHPian

Looks great. Amazing paint job. Well done.
The glossy black finish on the middle panels and the center front part of the fairing (mesh) look nice. Or should I say wicked!
What paint did you use?

Cheers and RIDE SAFE.
Sam
Old 26th December 2011, 13:25   #8
Team-BHP Support

That's a great looking conversion. Everything about the bike is perfect, except perhaps the corona-rings. In my honest opinion, I'd say white would look best. Red isn't bad as it goes with the Abarth badges! The two-tone paint-job is phenomenal. Any modifications undertaken to the engine, exhaust..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
AWESOME!

I found it rather absurd as well. But..

The Fiat/Abarth brand has been associated with Yamaha for sometime now. The sponsorship is seen on the Yamaha MotoGP bikes. The Abarth-livery seems to have transferred itself on to a few Yamaha street-bikes as well. I'm not sure about the rest of the story though.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ16 to Yamaha Fazer16 - Conversion modification-yamaha20abarth.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 to Yamaha Fazer16 - Conversion modification-ccbrugsam1t1ue60.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2020 at 11:17. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 13:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

the projectors with angel eyes look awesome. can you share the details. what brand did you use and can you share the beam snaps, both high and low ones?
Old 27th December 2011, 22:58   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Congrats.. Looks amazing. Good you have used a very subtle and dark colors. Adds richness to the looks.
Thank you ! The stock color was flaming orange...but I decided to go with the black - grey combination because I believe dark colors gives the bike more muscular feel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
AWESOME!

Good question.

I wanted to bring an "Italian" branding to the bike..if you look closely I have 3 Italian brands 1) Abarth (Fiat > Yamaha GP's) 2) GPR Exhausts (Italian exhausts) 3) Marchesini Wheels ( Italian alloy wheel manufacturer). Italy has some of the best accessories and designs against engines from Japan So i thought I will merge them ....just the stickers though

I am not a person who likes to put a hell lot of stickers thrown all over the bike and make it look like a Nascar on two wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Looks great. Amazing paint job. Well done.
The glossy black finish on the middle panels and the center front part of the fairing (mesh) look nice. Or should I say wicked!
What paint did you use?

Cheers and RIDE SAFE.
Sam
Thank you. The painter said "2k PU Coat". I guess its the clear coat. The other paint colors have been mixed locally at the paint shop. He is one of the best painter here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's a great looking conversion. Everything about the bike is perfect, except perhaps the corona-rings. In my honest opinion, I'd say white would look best. Red isn't bad as it goes with the Abarth badges! The two-tone paint-job is phenomenal. Any modifications undertaken to the engine, exhaust..?

I found it rather absurd as well. But..

The Fiat/Abarth brand has been associated with Yamaha for sometime now. The sponsorship is seen on the Yamaha MotoGP bikes. The Abarth-livery seems to have transferred itself on to a few Yamaha street-bikes as well. I'm not sure about the rest of the story though.

Yes, just like you said...Abarth has been associated with Yamaha..and I wanted to have an Italian brand to be on my bike...if you look closely you can see "GPR Exhausts" on the silencer cover, "Marchesini" on the wheels. All Italian brands Just Italian and Japanese stickers. No other country

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
the projectors with angel eyes look awesome. can you share the details. what brand did you use and can you share the beam snaps, both high and low ones?

Thank you. I dont remember what brand I used, but I am sure its not a high quality one. Its the same one thats easily available everywhere. I got it from JC Road in Bangalore.

I will post the beam snaps probably weekend. Dont expect eye hurting light as its just halogens

Last edited by Eddy : 28th December 2011 at 00:48. Reason: Back to back posts & more than 2 smilies
ebinmoothedam is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 29th December 2011, 16:06   #11
BHPian

Lovely color!, from where did you get that taillight? what was the cost?
Old 31st December 2011, 12:53   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Lovely color!, from where did you get that taillight? what was the cost?
Got it from a local shop. cost about 550/-
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Good job,loved the twin projector setup.Is there any possibility that the clip ons from the rtr would fit on the bike.It looks anyday better than the current ones you had fitted.
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Very well done job, how about adding some hard case panniers to make it look like a proper tourer bike?
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:09   #15
BHPian

Kudos to the work done, especially the design lines. I am sure it wont appeal to all, as it caters to only a particular line of taste. The insignia goes well with the paint, the exhaust looks spot on and just loved the red projector lamps.

- The paint job is just spectacular, is that matt finish ?

- How much did the full transformation cost ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks