Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 00:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

LML going up or going down???

http://www.ndtvprofit.com/homepage/s...ory=n&id=30390

The article talks about LML's vows.

what do u guys think? Will this f2-wheeler maker survive?

What is the successful model they are talkin about here? Is it crd100? what happened to the graptor/beemer bikes?
Old 23rd March 2006, 00:28   #2
BHPian

secret word says that BMW are gonna tie up with LML..my friends dad is ED or something in LML
Old 23rd March 2006, 04:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
http://www.ndtvprofit.com/homepage/s...ory=n&id=30390

The article talks about LML's vows.

what do u guys think? Will this f2-wheeler maker survive?

What is the successful model they are talkin about here? Is it crd100? what happened to the graptor/beemer bikes?

Its all about the outlook of the company in the market. More attention is paid to companies who have had tie ups with the "BigBoys" of motorcycle making. For instance Honda comes out with a monoshock frame and its big news and is received with a lot of warmth. Kinetic comes out with a 3 valve or a 4 valve single cylinder engine bike and the news is luke warm.

A tie up with a renowned motorcycle manufacturer would do more than just give LML access to their technology, but also improve their image in the Indian market. But they do have to be prudent as to whom they approach for a tie up.

Regarding their bikes, on paper the graptor and the beamer would stand up there with the pulsars, the CBF150's and the TVS fieros. But the ride quality, the finish and lack of attention to detail in their bikes is a major turn off. This aspect would not be remedied from just a tie up.

Peace
DNR --- TCR
Old 24th March 2006, 12:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockroach
Its all about the outlook of the company in the market. More attention is paid to companies who have had tie ups with the "BigBoys" of motorcycle making. For instance Honda comes out with a monoshock frame and its big news and is received with a lot of warmth. Kinetic comes out with a 3 valve or a 4 valve single cylinder engine bike and the news is luke warm.

A tie up with a renowned motorcycle manufacturer would do more than just give LML access to their technology, but also improve their image in the Indian market. But they do have to be prudent as to whom they approach for a tie up.

Regarding their bikes, on paper the graptor and the beamer would stand up there with the pulsars, the CBF150's and the TVS fieros. But the ride quality, the finish and lack of attention to detail in their bikes is a major turn off. This aspect would not be remedied from just a tie up.

Peace
DNR --- TCR
I partly agree with you. LML is not looked upon as a good motorcycle manufacturer bcoz its not associated with any of the big boys. I dunno if its true but I read its the fourth largest motorcycle manufacturer in INdia.

The other part about Ride quality and build. I would say otherwise. I have owned a lml adreno and a pulsar 180 and lemme tell ya this. LML handles better and is more stable on the highways. FE was 55-60 which most splendors and passions used to get. Lack of details certainly is a major turnoff though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
secret word says that BMW are gonna tie up with LML..my friends dad is ED or something in LML

Are you sure about this? LML tying up with BMW? then what will happen to DAELIM?
Old 25th March 2006, 04:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I partly agree with you. LML is not looked upon as a good motorcycle manufacturer bcoz its not associated with any of the big boys. I dunno if its true but I read its the fourth largest motorcycle manufacturer in INdia.

The other part about Ride quality and build. I would say otherwise. I have owned a lml adreno and a pulsar 180 and lemme tell ya this. LML handles better and is more stable on the highways. FE was 55-60 which most splendors and passions used to get. Lack of details certainly is a major turnoff though.
Sir, you picked the wrong bike to compare your Adreno with. Would understand if you had an adreno and compared it with a non bajaj product. No use comparing it with a worser bike (Personal opinion, I ain't no pulsar basher). The Kinetic lazer is also a good bike. Again, lack of detail. But still better. Would anyday go for a TVS or a HONDA vehicle.
Old 25th March 2006, 09:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, you picked the wrong bike to compare your Adreno with. Would understand if you had an adreno and compared it with a non bajaj product. No use comparing it with a worser bike (Personal opinion, I ain't no pulsar basher). The Kinetic lazer is also a good bike. Again, lack of detail. But still better. Would anyday go for a TVS or a HONDA vehicle.

I didnt pick the wrong bike. I have owned both the pulsar 180 and the lml adreno. dats y I compared them. well if you want to compare it with a better bike then the handling of lml areno and highway stability is better than the cbz @90kmph (adreno doesnt go any faster

and no pulsar 180's handling is better than cbz. Driven the cbz a lot too.

and yes you are right about kinetic lazer being a good bike but in a country where people run behind brandnames lml and kinetic I think dont stand a chance. yes lack of details is a problem but I can certainly live with it when its offered at 50k. i have the guts and belief in LML/kinetic to buy their product again.
Old 7th April 2006, 16:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

I just read an old review where lml is said to be the most reliable bike manufacturer second only to the HMSI(unicorn)

even herohonda, yamaha, bajaj and tvs lost out to lml. Now this is a feat.

http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=108341
Old 8th April 2006, 00:28   #8
BHPian

Hey! Devarshi, maybe you a brand ambassador for LML or something? You seem to be doing the best you can on this thread to uplift the image of LML as a motorcycle company.

Bro, a lot of people know its a good company. There is something lacking. We can makes guess and come up with our own opinions as to what the problem is, but to tell you the truth the whole image of LML would have to be reworked. They can use all this data about their bikes being hassle free and all that to bring up their image.

If I was the head of LML, the first thing I would do is to rework the look of LML. Give it a more fresh look, to appeal to the new generation, a new fresher logo, a catchy quote. Good products ain't the only thing that will sell. Marketing. They still do seem like the perenial scooter manufacturers.

P.S. Are you planning to buy shares of this company or something? or do you already own a few shares?

Last edited by TheCockroach : 8th April 2006 at 00:29.
Old 8th April 2006, 05:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Devarshi, maybe you a brand ambassador for LML or something? You seem to be doing the best you can on this thread to uplift the image of LML as a motorcycle company.

Bro, a lot of people know its a good company. There is something lacking. We can makes guess and come up with our own opinions as to what the problem is, but to tell you the truth the whole image of LML would have to be reworked. They can use all this data about their bikes being hassle free and all that to bring up their image.

If I was the head of LML, the first thing I would do is to rework the look of LML. Give it a more fresh look, to appeal to the new generation, a new fresher logo, a catchy quote. Good products ain't the only thing that will sell. Marketing. They still do seem like the perenial scooter manufacturers.

P.S. Are you planning to buy shares of this company or something? or do you already own a few shares?
Fact 1: I am not into stocks.

fact 2: I am not in India currently.

fact 3: I have sold my lml adreno 2 years ago.

And no I am no fan of lml. If u can see there is also a similar kinda thread for kinetic I have started. I am just posting the latest articles I find on these companies.

and yes. I agree with you. LML badly needs an image change.

latest update sez lml is tying up with some bike manufacturer and I hope its bmw as v.tec said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?N...022592&CatID=4
Old 11th April 2006, 04:09   #10
BHPian

My bad Devarshi, points noted.

No hard feelings

BMW, i'm not too sure if that would do a great deal to their image. Can't put my finger on it but i still feel that it might not invoke images of good bikes in the minds of the public. But lets see. Hopefully when they part ways, BMW will think about coming to India again as a sole manufacturer.
Old 7th August 2009, 01:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

on an average they are selling 2500-3000 scooters per month but the exact data is unknown. Also unknown is the fact whether this number includes exports or not.

LML Q3 loss at Rs 7.67 crore - EquityBulls.com

LML Q3 loss at Rs 7.67 crore

LML Ltd has announced the financial results for the quarter ended on 30-June-2009. The Net Sales was at Rs.5201.01 lacs for quarter ended on 30-June-2009 against Rs.2371.52 lacs for the quarter ended on 30-June-2008.

The Net Profit / (Loss) was at (Rs.767.09) lacs for the quarter ended on 30-June-2009 against (Rs.1331.58) lacs for the quarter ended on 30-June-2008.

The company has reported an EPS of (Rs.0.95) for the quarter ended on 30-June-2009 against (Rs.1.66) for the quarter ended on 30-June-2008.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 7th August 2009 at 01:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks