Team-BHP - Planning to modify a new Unicorn
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Planning to modify a new Unicorn (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/11934-planning-modify-new-unicorn.html)

hi guys ;
my new unicorn is giving me all that is asked of it . but; i want to make her unique, i dont care much on the looks cos as it is she looks good;suggest some modifications to increase the performance,without any long term problems. i am based in bangalore suggest a good mechanic to take good care of my bike.

Try these:
K&N Filters, Larger carb jets, different chain sprocket kit,Free flow exhausts(Proton,KRP, TEctrac), Race throttle, 100/90x18 tyres, imported Fiber clutch plates, high performance iriduim spark plugs etc.

Go to DTW tuners in Shanti Nagar, bangalore. they are tuners for Pacer Yamaha.

Try this and let me know. For more info PM me

Yo Guys, Me too planning to mod my new Uni :D.
Am based in Hyderabad and would be grateful if anyone cud suggest me a good mechanic in Hyderabad.

Regards,
DC.

go for k&N, its worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthcoder
Yo Guys, Me too planning to mod my new Uni :D.
Am based in Hyderabad and would be grateful if anyone cud suggest me a good mechanic in Hyderabad.

Regards,
DC.

Heyz m8, im from Hyd 2.

Wht do ya wanna do, performance or cosmetic?

Hey Guys...

Before modifying your new Unicorns, check whether someone has actually done it .(may that be K&N filters or jetting) Since you guys have new bike why do you wanna mess up with the original config,
Also as far as i know Unicorn has got good pickup(so why go for jetting?)
Wait for sometime enjoy your new bikes let it tune first ...
You guys can try out cosmetic mods... which may reduce the millage but atleast the bike will look good (if done properly).

Cheers

Cosmetic changes wont last. You can try imported body kits. Get a good guy to do it, else will look ugly. Bigger Jets increase the fuel volume to the engine, increasing the power output.

Since its a new bike i would suggest u dont do anything right now...let the run in finish then after about 6-9months u can think of modding it for performance..till then i would suggest u enjoy the good performance that the stock bike gives....

thank u gugy's;i guess as majority of u sujjest i will let my bike settle down a bit n then go in for performance based modifications;cos i think a sheep under a wolves skin is no good. thanks again my regars to everyone.

nothing comes close to the overall performance of a stock bike . change to better tires like pirelli or michelin. and a good air filter i know people say k and n. but uni filters are just as good. instead of wanting a fast bike try riding harder and harder .it makes more sense .think about it

I do not think that you need to change the tyres on the Unicorn...
Yeah...please try to avoid cosmetic changes, as they only make the bike and biker look like a WANNABE...instead you could go for good mag wheels.
Go in for a free-flowing exhaust of tuned length...you can find what it means as it has been spoken about by VEYRON1 in the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...lp-me-out.html

The K&N (tough cliched) will make your bike breathe better...and you could rejet your carburettor (damn I m still am pathetic at it's spelling). You could do anything else you deem fit...but please do a good survey before you put some money into making your bike unique. It would be sad if you have to regret it later...

Cheers...

Well, All I want to mod in My Unicorn is get some good alloy/mag wheels and make some wheel changes (Maybe a paint job too, not sure).

Some guys have modded their Uni and they look cool, I wannbe one too :D.

Guys I need some help. I want to put the alloys that are a standard fitment with the Karizma on my Unicorn.

Can someone clarify whether the front disc will fit on the Karizmas center hub, whether the rear sprocket and drum can be mounted on the alloys? What other modifications I need to carry out?

Thanks in anticipation.

Can anyone give the approximate prices of the following mods:

Wider rear tyre+alloy front & rear wheels
A brighter headlight bulb in diuffrent colour
Performance exhaust

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
Can anyone give the approximate prices of the following mods:

Wider rear tyre+alloy front & rear wheels
A brighter headlight bulb in diuffrent colour
Performance exhaust

1. Wider rear tyre+alloy front & rear wheels - Alloys - 3K for a good set(dont get RADO) they are heavy. If 100/90x18 tyre - about 1200Rs, broader above the 1500rs mark(Not worth it, cause it increases the drag on the engine and wears out the chain kit quickly). You lose your top speed as well.

2. A brighter headlight bulb in diuffrent colour - Max 200rs for a good one. Check the stock rating before you buy. Or it may put load on the coils

3. Performance exhaust - Many types available from 2K onwards. Buy one that is custom made for your bike else it will fry your valves and sound like a dalda can. PM me for more details on this.