Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2012, 03:18   #16
BHPian

Re: PICS & Report : Vardenchi Customized Motorcycles

Nice Report! Thanks for sharing!

I remember reading about Vardenchi on another famous bike forum. Their bikes do look impressive and eye catching, the Sunburn looks smashing. Better than Dragster IMHO

I read about their amazing creation, a bike designed with a body as a human skeleton. It was mind blowing !!
First Impressions: Vardenchi Customs - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

What they are trying to achieve is desi version of Orange County Choppers (OCC). Though intention is right but they should try not sourcing OEM parts from other manufacturers and using in their creations.
Since the price they charge is not less.

For example, In Dragster , switchgear looks from Pulsar as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Indicators are located at the handle bar weights
Attachment 929089

Indicators serve as tail lamps (outer red circle), turn indicators (orange LEDs in the center) and brake lights (more red LEDs light up in the outer circle).
Attachment 929099
Old 25th May 2012, 13:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS & Ride Report : Vardenchi Customized Motorcycles

Cosmetics notwithstanding , I am more interested in what all he does to the internals and the engine. Turbocharger , supercharger , increasing bore / stroke , porting , oil cooling etc . Any information on that.
Old 25th May 2012, 13:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Cosmetics notwithstanding , I am more interested in what all he does to the internals and the engine. Turbocharger , supercharger , increasing bore / stroke , porting , oil cooling etc . Any information on that.
It is indicated that they do not do anything related to the engine. It is only the cosmetics.
MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 13:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great report Parry's! Been a fan of Vardenchi for sometime now.
Old 25th May 2012, 14:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ MindspeeDs - Thanks for the heads up. That what I thought. Not taking anything away from the person , but i know it takes serious skills in improving and working with the internals. Never the less , the bikes look good.
Old 25th May 2012, 15:39   #21
BHPian

Thanks for the details.

From a weight perspective how much is the increase in weight over and above the stock bike? Asking as from the pics the bike looks to be on the heavier side.
Old 25th May 2012, 17:40   #22
BHPian

In the event this has been asked before, please delete this post. Mods - Please feel free to delete or modify this as appropriate if it is off topic or inappropriate.

How does one obtain an RTO registration for such a bike? Given that there is a choice of engines, the engine number must match the one on the RC book. If there is an old bike that is customized, at the time of FC renewal, one needs Crash Guard, Pillion Rail and Saree Guard. These obviously not only are not present but cannot be installed given the type of design. Change of engine will also not tally.

One may not like the RTO rules but until the same is changed, one has to follow them.

It is not only illegal but also dangerous to ride an unregistered bike as there will be no insurance on such vehicles (as it is not registered) and by riding an uninsured vehicle (or one which had insurance before modification but where a claim will certainly be rejected on account of modification without insurer's approval) jeopardizes safety not only to himself but to third party road users and is contrary to road rules.

I have nothing against the customizers and I must say that the workmanship and paint quality is absolutely top notch. However, IMHO this goes against the basic credo of Team BHP and I quote from the "About Us: section

We emphasize on road safety and make its significance communicated

Old 25th May 2012, 19:07   #23
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2012 at 14:13.
ATL_BOY is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th May 2012, 20:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanam View Post
It is not only illegal but also dangerous to ride an unregistered bike as there will be no insurance on such vehicles (as it is not registered) and by riding an uninsured vehicle (or one which had insurance before modification but where a claim will certainly be rejected on account of modification without insurer's approval) jeopardizes safety not only to himself but to third party road users and is contrary to road rules.
[/i]
There is no question of these bikes running on roads unregistered. Being in India, there are umpteen ways to tweak the law. How it is done is upto them ; Like it is mentioned somewhere, these people do have some "Connections" with the RTO.

Now what happens at the time of registration renewal is an interesting thought, because I haven't seen such modifications carried on a bike for 15 or more years after which the question of renewal comes.

Insurance for sure is a worry.
Old 26th May 2012, 11:34   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny

There is no question of these bikes running on roads unregistered. Being in India, there are umpteen ways to tweak the law. How it is done is upto them ; Like it is mentioned somewhere, these people do have some "Connections" with the RTO.

Now what happens at the time of registration renewal is an interesting thought, because I haven't seen such modifications carried on a bike for 15 or more years after which the question of renewal comes.

Insurance for sure is a worry.

The question is not if they have an arrangement with rto guys or not, when on road, people are going to get caught by state police and not the rto guys
Police walas don't care of you have some setting else where, once busted, there would be no way to get your bike back from court, as the papers would suggest an RE , on ground it won't be the same RE as homologated by the company.
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 15:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
The question is not if they have an arrangement with rto guys or not, when on road, people are going to get caught by state police and not the rto guys
Police walas don't care of you have some setting else where, once busted, there would be no way to get your bike back from court, as the papers would suggest an RE , on ground it won't be the same RE as homologated by the company.
I don't know much about other cities/states, but Mumbai traffic police are extremely strict on car/bike mods. If you drive a custom made vehicle with any kind of mods, especially during peak police checkup times (non-peak traffic), you will get caught at almost every signal. If not by traffic cops, it will be at naka bandi checkposts, and if not there - then during RTO drives. A sample link for your perusal : Too fast, too noisy: Fancy bikes on police radar now, News - Cover Story - Mumbai Mirror

In fact I remember last year a specific drive where Vardenchi bikes where targeted and if I am not mistaken, the owner (Mr Varde himself) was called in for questioning. I even remember a few city made stretched limo's made from cars like contessa, ambassador and skoda's were seized by the RTO in similar drives.

The number of custom made cars (especially the old Honda Cities with custom paint jobs, low profile tyres, dark tints and vinyls - which were seen in hoardes half a decade back) have completely disappeared from street traffic. I hear they are now brought out only at night - wee hours and are taken straight on highways to avoid any checkpoints.

IMHO - such drives stereotyping all custom fabrications are barbaric.The RTO should in fact come up with a street acceptable guideline of custom makes and then have checks to make sure the custom jobs.

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 28th May 2012 at 15:18.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:02   #27
BANNED

But indian official mind set is ban evrything that would call for extra work from authorities. Instead of coming up with guidelines and systems , they always seems to take the easy route, ban it!
These days uttarakhand police is finding it difficult to keep a check on hooligan tourists on bikes, usually from punjab and haryana , on tour to hemkund and badrinath.
They have come up with solution " ban motorcycles in hills, any two wheeler with out of state number"
Although this has not been implemented yet, but still is great way to think for authorities.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:34   #28
BHPian

sorry no offence to varde or anyone else, but these bikes are deadbeat showboats, not very good ones to look at either and definitely not worth the money spent. pick up a used SBK if youre a poser lookin for glam; or go the harley route, 4.5 + 1.5 for a new 500 is harley territory. at least a harley is engineered better. yuk
Old 28th May 2012, 17:01   #29
BANNED

Yes ofcourse these are just for showoff(not much of a show either) , new to college kids, and ofcourse there is no signifcant engineering involved. But there is absolutely no shortage of such kids, and bikes like these usually help in scoring chicks.
but let me tell you this, scores of people buyin harley and / or other sbks , usually do if for showing off . Most of these guys usually are scared of getting out of the AC car and carry sunscreen even while going to office. Bike is just a statement. most of them ride once or twice a month, a typical sunday morning 40/50km breakfast ride, be a part of some biker group/gang . they usually do 2000km in a year , sell of the ride in couple of years with odo still on 3/4k. all this just to brag in a group of friends or something like that!
its not that every one getting a sbk is like that, real people investing in sbks take them to track , to improve upon there skills, understand the limits and everything and take them beyond . people who love touring rake up collosal milage on there touring machines, but still such people are very very limited in India.
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 14:07   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
scores of people buyin harley and / or other sbks , usually do if for showing off .
What's wrong in that? To each his own, I say. It's a free market out there and I can buy a car / bike for any purpose I please.

Why does one fit after-market alloy wheels in ones car? Surely it isn't for any perceived advantage in handling. What then? To show off? To make the car look better? The same logic can be applied to custom motorcycles. Some people might just like riding / driving a great looking vehicle because it makes them feel good.

Remove this reason and all Superbike / Supercar manufacturers will shut down overnight. Remember, not every Porsche owner needs to drive his 911 at 320 kph to justify his purchase.

Quote:
Most of these guys usually are scared of getting out of the AC car and carry sunscreen even while going to office.
With the Mumbai summer being what it is, believe me I am scared of venturing out in the day without an air-con. And yes, I did use a sunscreen the last time I was off-roading. What's wrong with that, again? Does that make me a sissy?

Quote:
most of them ride once or twice a month, a typical sunday morning 40/50km breakfast ride, be a part of some biker group/gang .
I use my Jeep twice a week, that's about 8 times a month. It surely isn't a daily driver and, honestly, is now impractical to use as one. But it has been out off-roading as often as any 4x4 out there.

Quote:
take them to track
I live in Mumbai and have a very pressing work schedule. Can you tell me which track I could take my Superbike too? Out of curiosity, have you taken your big bike to the Buddh Circuit already? They've had quite a few open track days.

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2012 at 14:11.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks