Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 17:49   #1

How to fit the turn indicator buzzer ?

I have a Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi (2006) and I have got the turn indicator buzzer fitted to it. I didn't have this problem ealier but recently I noticed that when the key is set to ignition on, there is a continuous beep from the buzzer. I opened the relay switch to disconnect and connect the buzzer again, but still the continuous beep wouldn't stop. If I connected the other way round, it doesn't beep at all.

If the indicator switch is engaged, it beeps correctly, but returns to continous beep when indicator is turned off. As this was irritating, I have removed the buzzer for now, but I forget to switch off the indicator at times which is why I need the audio

Can somebody tell me what could be the problem ? Or has the buzzer conked off ?

Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 09:17   #2
BHPian

Re: How to fit the turn indicator buzzer ?

Buzzers... The most irritating gadget according to me when i had bought a kawasaki bajaj calibre a decade back. I took it off the moment I reached my place from the showroom.

Seriously, but why do you need a buzzer altogether ? Just adds up to the noise pollution, as if the incessant honking is not enough all around us.

Try to give up the habit of having one, your problem should solve automatically

Last edited by TaurusAl : 15th July 2012 at 09:32.
Old 15th July 2012, 11:16   #3
BHPian

Had a RX-100 wherein I had fit this buzzer mainly because I used to forget to switch the indicator off!
During the rains, I too had the problem of the beep in the buzzer. It was so irritating that I went to the mechanic and removed it and then gradually got the habit of living without it.
Old 15th July 2012, 12:57   #4
BHPian

My first ride, it was an Activa, came with a Buzzzzzer fitted on-board. For a first few days it felt alright but after sometime it started to irk me like anything. I used to turn the indicators off before even completing a turn. It's so noisy and the 'beep-beep' sound it makes is not soothing either.

So whatever happened with your buzzer happened for good. Try to learn on your own. Trash it now and move on!
Old 15th July 2012, 15:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitkadam View Post
recently I noticed that when the key is set to ignition on, there is a continuous beep from the buzzer.
Might be due to water entry.
If you really need a buzzer, get a new one, cover it with insulation tape (the open area in top) and install it. This prevents water entry and also reduces the irritating sound level.
Old 15th July 2012, 15:23   #6
BHPian

Buzzers are really useful in bike as most of the old ones don't come with self cancelling ones and its a hazard to keep it going.

Please check if there is a return current in the wiring/ earth wire. Mine had one and kept on having a humming sound even when the indicator was off. Isolated the issue in wiring and was was good to go .water entry into the buzzer also would be an issue.
Old 15th July 2012, 21:47   #7

Thank you all for the responses. I too find them irritating sometimes, but since I got used to it, riding without the sound is making me uncomfortable for some reason.

As of now its not there, hopefully I should get used to the silence. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks