Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 18:00   #1
BHPian

what is jetting

hello guys,
i am interested in buying K&n peformance air filter for my honda unicorn (2006 model) , so which one will be best for it i.e R-1060, RC-1060 or RC-1120 but one of my friend told me that if u will use K&N filters then to enhance the effiency of the engine u have to do jetting of the carburettor and retimimg the engine at times.......so, i would like to know that what is jetting of carburettor and retimimg the engine and plz...tell me which one of the above filter will best suit for my honda unicorn?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th April 2006 at 19:05.
Old 16th April 2006, 18:11   #2
BANNED

First off.. your gonna get a by the mods for using more than one smiley in your post... next off you NEED to read the rules before you start posting here.. thirdly, I'll let the mod kings here do the answering for your question

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled on this board.

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 16th April 2006 at 18:12.
Old 16th April 2006, 18:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Jetting allows more fuel to flow to compensate for the more air that K/N is flowing.

What is the difference between these 3 models according to your dealer.
Old 16th April 2006, 19:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Jetting allows more fuel to flow to compensate for the more air that K/N is flowing.

What is the difference between these 3 models according to your dealer.
Bigger filter/more chrome/less chrome/more foam/cotton etc

Jetting basically means altering your air/fuel ratio that you are giving to your engine.
The K&N supplies more air to your engine than required and at times messes up the ratio.
You hence give your engine the right amount of fuel to compensate for the change.

In reality however its more difficult than just that!
Old 16th April 2006, 21:54   #5
BHPian

thanks....guys, u helped me to know what is jetting, but which K&N performance filter will best suit honda unicorn, my choice is for RC-1120 it's costing around Rs 3490...approx. should i go for it...or i should go for R-1060 performance filter and is costing Rs 2300...approx....plz....help and also tell that final drive also makes enhancement to bike or just waste of money, if not then plz...list some best manufacturer (money is not a limitation)
Old 17th April 2006, 19:09   #6
BHPian

hell.....................ooooooooooooooooooooo,,,, ,,,plz.........guide me
Old 17th April 2006, 19:48   #7
BHPian

Rc 1060, Try this devsus, i have already installed it in a freinds uni, already jetted up. Sound is simply amazing so as the pick up.

Try Tectrac racing (chennai), for performance exhuasts, porting ... n so on
Old 17th April 2006, 20:26   #8
BHPian

the uni requires just the RC-1060. i've already tried this on my pals uni and also up-jetted. the bike feels peppy than a stock uni and is fun to ride. u have to go in for jetting as the uni is too lean from the factory for meeting emission norms.
Old 17th April 2006, 22:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Remove the main jet and replace with a jet 10 sizes bigger. This will induct more fuel to the cylinder increasing the power. K&N will take care of the air supply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks