Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Aging Shaolin... Best monastery in B'Lore?

Guys out here in B'lore... My Shaolin is around 8 yrs old now and has done about 35000kms. There are no issues as such while riding the bike but off late the noises from the engine is getting louder, pick-up's dropping marginally.

Would any of you guys know good repair shops near Banaswadi or is it better if I take it to one of those "Castrol" service centres... Do post about your Castrol experince if any...

-G.G

Last edited by Venom_rider : 22nd April 2006 at 12:17.
Old 22nd April 2006, 17:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Zen motors near BMS college.
Old 25th April 2006, 18:45   #3
BHPian

yes goto zen they are the best for suzuki and tvs bikes i rode their factory sholin at speedrun it was very good
Old 25th April 2006, 18:56   #4
BHPian

TVS themselves have a huge respect towards Zen motors and their team. so much so, that the first fully blown shaolin was prepared by zen motors and showed a dyno power of 25+ bhp. TVS themselves didnt know the potential of the shaolin and since then, they started preparing shaolins for races (rallies,motocross,autocross,drag,track racing). Go to zen and ask for mr. murthy and tell ur probs to him.
fieroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2006, 14:27   #5
BHPian

Thank you so much for the information guys...

One of mechanics in K'Mangla suggested that I there were a lot of issues with the Shaolin Engine, esp. the pistons and he suggested that I could try the Shogun's on it... do you think that this is a good idea? What are the pro's and con's!!! As you might have guessed I am not too techy it abt the whole affair... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 26th April 2006, 19:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider
Thank you so much for the information guys...

One of mechanics in K'Mangla suggested that I there were a lot of issues with the Shaolin Engine, esp. the pistons and he suggested that I could try the Shogun's on it... do you think that this is a good idea? What are the pro's and con's!!! As you might have guessed I am not too techy it abt the whole affair... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Oh crap, don’t do that man..is that raymond from mechanix that suggested this to u?
Dude the shogun has a 110cc bore and the shaolin is 140cc…now imagine what would happen if u swapped the bore and head assy? Also the shaolin has a huge potential to be blown and remember the fastest racing 2-strk bikes in India are factory shaolins! It outclasses the shogun in all parameters and the low-end ride is better than shogun. I owned a 1999 model shaolin that I sold a year ago and frankly I miss it now!
Old 27th April 2006, 08:07   #7
BHPian

Oh Boy... Was that one wild guess or what. Yes it was Raymond!!!

& thank you so much for the info... Is it very difficult to source the engine parts now? Will the folks in Zen Motors take care of the whole affair....

Yes buddy... The bike's a babe man!!! For all the guys who ask me "WHY SHAOLIN?"... the only thing I say is "EVER RIDDEN ONE?". I am not gonna part with it for a loooong time for sure.
Old 27th April 2006, 16:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Boy... Was that one wild guess or what. Yes it was Raymond!!!

& thank you so much for the info... Is it very difficult to source the engine parts now? Will the folks in Zen Motors take care of the whole affair....

Yes buddy... The bike's a babe man!!! For all the guys who ask me "WHY SHAOLIN?"... the only thing I say is "EVER RIDDEN ONE?". I am not gonna part with it for a loooong time for sure.
i have heard of such cases from raymond..he is a nut case and suggests things like this.. my old pal picked a used shogun and then he took it to raymond for serviceing and clutch work.. that jerk used local makino clutch plates, did a crappy job and end of it charged a fortune. The bike was running like a ssamurai. later i took it to our ZEN and now it runs like a SHOGUN. I know what a shaolin is and the fastest drag bike in india is the TVS shaolin which did a whooping 13.3 secs during speedrun! beat that!
Old 28th April 2006, 13:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
my old pal picked a used shogun and then he took it to raymond for serviceing and clutch work.. that jerk used local makino clutch plates, did a crappy job and end of it charged a fortune.

Hmmm... that's certainly a not a good thing to happen. Anyways, I will be going to ZEN motors over the next weekend to get a quote on a complete overhaul... Will keep you posted. Thanks once again... Happy weekend
Old 28th April 2006, 18:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... that's certainly a not a good thing to happen. Anyways, I will be going to ZEN motors over the next weekend to get a quote on a complete overhaul... Will keep you posted. Thanks once again... Happy weekend
Your welcome mate. just go there, meet mr murthy and tell my name..

cheers,
joel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks