Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 16:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?

Found this on NH4 couple of weeks back. New scooter from TVS as per the person riding but he did not give any more information about it. Interestingly it has the disc brakes in front.

And one more interesting was it had a honda logo on the speedo, could not take a pic of it.

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?-1dsc04180.jpg

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?-2dsc04181.jpg

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?-3dsc04182.jpg

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?-4dsc04183.jpg

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?-5dsc04184.jpg

Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?-6dsc04185.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th August 2012 at 15:19. Reason: Watermarked. Thanks for the pics! :)
rk_sans is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 18:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?

As rk_sans specifies, it definitely has a honda badge on the speedo. I have seen 3 of these near Bosch, Adugodi undergoing trials. This is similar to babek used in Thai/ Indonesia part.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:44   #3
rbp
BHPian

Well, Yamaha & Honda don't have a factory down south, so doesn't make sense for them to have a Temp registered plates from Bangalore. This is definitely a TVS, the Honda badge might be just to mislead people. I doubt if this product is for the Indian market, it must be for the Indonesian market.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Definitely not Yamaha.
But they were doing pretty good speeds on that unlike other scooters you see on the road. Guessing it would be a 150cc one.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Well, Yamaha & Honda don't have a factory down south, so doesn't make sense for them to have a Temp registered plates from Bangalore. This is definitely a TVS, the Honda badge might be just to mislead people. I doubt if this product is for the Indian market, it must be for the Indonesian market.
Or is it Honda masquerading as TVS?
There was a plan for launch of Honda Vision in India - but that ended up with upgrade of Dio.
Old 27th August 2012, 19:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Its not just the speedo that was probably wearing the Honda logo. Probably a few other parts have also been picked up from the Honda bin... possibly the Dio.

There are actually two different scooters in picture here. One is wearing TC 402 plate while the other one has TC 403 plates. The 402 has white body but a red handlebar which looks like that from a DIO. On the other hand the 403 has a red body with a white handlebar. This one even has a headlight on the handlebar!

P.S.: The manufacturer is most probably testing out the engine and other mechanicals. The rest of the shell only looks like one of those "jugaad" things which has been kind of put together hurriedly to hold these mechanicals.

Last edited by Zappo : 27th August 2012 at 19:17.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 19:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted Testing : New Scooter from TVS?

Nice looking scoot. TVS for sure.

Not it also has big wheels, almost 14" wheels + discs. Could be an model for export from TVS. Also note rider's jacket says "FLAME" on the back.

Last edited by Mpower : 30th August 2012 at 18:04.
Old 27th August 2012, 19:33   #8
BHPian

Honda is setting up a 2 wheeler factory in Kolar near Bangalore. Maybe they have shifted their testing to Bangalore. Why isn't this possible?
Old 27th August 2012, 19:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Scooter from TVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
This is similar to babek used in Thai/ Indonesia part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I doubt if this product is for the Indian market, it must be for the Indonesian market.
The side profile in Pic3 is similar to Tormax150 found in the Indonesian market! So may be some additional testing or maybe its planned for India.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 19:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

The guys who were testing were conversing in Tamil. And i believe they had a backup vehicle also and they were trying to get in touch with them. Also they asked him the route to Bangalore, initially and then to Hosur.
Could be a exported product, testing on Indian shores to see if it fits the indian market.
Old 27th August 2012, 21:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the instrument cluster, it did not appear to be a hurriedly put up job, the cluster had a very good fit and finish, with a bold Honda logo in the center and of course it was not from Dio. Of course, the other panels were all ripped up, albeit the instrument cluster, and it was just a skeleton when I saw it first. There were scribbled up notes on the bike in Indonesian/ Malaysian look alike language.
Old 27th August 2012, 21:45   #12
BHPian

Aah, finally! A large wheeled automatic scooter from one of the brands... One thing that scares me away from scooters are their tiny auto-rickshaw wheels and hopeless suspension.

I hope this is a test drive for the Indian market and not for the overseas market. This would be a good common scooter for the family for local puttering.
Old 29th August 2012, 01:11   #13
BHPian

TVS is probably testing a step-thru that they make for the Indonesian market. This model looks a bit different than the ones on the TVS website. Could be a new model that they're trying out here to prevent leaks in Indonesia. I doubt that TVS would launch a step-thru here. Every company that has launched them has got burned, except for the M80 from Bajaj.
Old 30th August 2012, 11:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Its wierd, the tail section looks like it was lifted from the Apache

This should be a TVS!
Old 30th August 2012, 11:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

It puzzles me as to why would someone be testing a scooter with a rusted exhaust. Is this actually a new scooter being tested, somehow I doubt it.

I agree with Zappo's observation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks