Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2006, 02:31   #1
BHPian

Apache / Pulsar 150/ Unicorn???

ummm...

bikes are not my thing. but since a friend asked me to find out...so here i am with this thread.

which one of the above three 150cc machines??..

preferences in order:

1. good power.
2. mileage. ( advocates atleast 50 ).
3. comfirt.
4. price. ( actually not important, he was going for bullet, but the mileage does not appeal to him)

enlighten me with your opinions.

@MODS: guide me with this if i am just replicating a thread or posting in wrong section. thanks.
Old 24th April 2006, 08:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think you should search by yourself and find the thread. Mods have more important things to do than be searching for threads each time a member just goes ahead and creates an unnecesary thread. It is unfair of you to request them to search for you.

Coming back to the topic, there was a thread very recently on the same topic, I suggest you post your query there.
Old 24th April 2006, 10:46   #3
BHPian

hello burnt,
according to my knowledge honda unicorn is best...i repeat best 150 CC bike money can buy, engine of unicorn is absolutely perfect nor apache nor bajaj comes closer when engine matters but there are couple of sacrifices apache and bajaj have better acceleration ( slightly) but in riding comfort, agility, performance etc..etc.. honda is big boss , i have recently buyed honda unicorn ( money was no concern i rejected bajaj 180 cc , HH karizma and even bajaj 250 cc DTS-fi ) for unicorn because what matter's is engine....because if engine will be faultless then overall bike performance will be good for yr's, that's what apache and pulsar's are lacking they will provide best performance for 1-2 yr's after that u will pray to god that why u have purchased pulsar..... or apache because both have somewhat same configuration ( pulsar fan will kick me off when they will read this......joking man..) and one more thing stability of honda unicorn is simply amazing( no other bike can match honda unicorn when stability matter's even HH karizma can't) and this is the thing which....really matter's , just believe me i have not much experience of riding motorcycle but i have some bit of knowledge from age 4 . avg of these three bikes is somewhat similar i.e 45--55kmpl. power to weight ratio is greatest in apache(13.7BHP), then pulsar(13.5BHP) and then unicorn(13.3BHP) ......overall in my opinion ur friend should buy honda unicorn
Old 24th April 2006, 19:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsus
hello burnt,
according to my knowledge honda unicorn is best...i repeat best 150 CC bike money can buy
we have a brand amabassador for unicorn here!
Old 24th April 2006, 20:51   #5
BHPian

yes, my friend u can think so....but in reality unicorn is best bike ....isn't it?
Old 24th April 2006, 21:59   #6
BHPian

unicorn all the way bro , its the best money can buy in this segment. i have done nearly 20k's on it n it still feels like a new bike its as smooth as a babies a**, and as quite as a dead man. the bike wants to be riden fast and easily is able to hold 80kmph and give a fe of around 55, i do almost 1350 k's a month in city conditions n still it gives me this fe, so go for that single horned beast bro.
Old 24th April 2006, 22:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

So then is it a given that the Unicorn will still have that quality feel about it after several years as compared to the Apache? I have some vested interests thats why i asked this question. BTW, haven't the Unicorn ES prices come to be on par with the apache? The only difference being that the apache offers alloys. But how much do alloys cost for the unicorn if one wants to fit them on?
Old 24th April 2006, 23:04   #8
BHPian

I’d suggest someone to take a long term analysis of the apache and then comment. Its basically the rugged fiero engine that’s now with a slightly changed head design, a close ratio gear box and SAI…..thats it! The engine is so sweet to take any abuses and the bike has proven its worth in rallies and races.I’ve clocked hell a lot on fieros and still goes strong. The unicorn has a smooth engine and is also a damn good bike, no doubt..i’ve ridden the uni also a lot and have great respect for that silent engine! Let the person who wants to buy a 150, test ride all the 3 and decide.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:21   #9
BHPian

ride is not the major issue for him, because he is rather habitual of the enfields......

but being broke and in uni, he' coming down to 150cc. mileage of apache??? anyone???

@islero: i acknowledge that and i am also aware that it is irresposible to put mroe load on the moderators. but my head does not work with two-wheelers. because of the safety issue. one of my frnds who has already shattered his elbow two years bak on a cbz ( trying to save a dog), again has had stiches on chin , trying to save a guy this time. thankfully dint hit the elbow or his arm would have been a goner this time.

they had removed pieces of bone from there and there is a 6 inch scar and a permanent weakness in the hand, since the bone would never grow bak, not can be replaced with metal in any way.

makes me stay away from bikes, as much as i can in a normal way.

the mods can anytime close the thread.....

and i realise i went somewhat off topic here, honest apologies for that.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
ride is not the major issue for him, because he is rather habitual of the enfields......

but being broke and in uni, he' coming down to 150cc. mileage of apache??? anyone???

the apache gives a highway mileage of 62kmpl and a good 55kmpl in city...OD tested the highway mileage to be 65kmpl!
Old 25th April 2006, 00:59   #11
BHPian

Proven on road = P150. Apache is gud too
Old 25th April 2006, 10:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
The unicorn has a smooth engine and is also a damn good bike, no doubt..i’ve ridden the uni also a lot and have great respect for that silent engine! Let the person who wants to buy a 150, test ride all the 3 and decide.
yes , that's brilliant idea my friend , when i purchased my bike i tested nearly 30-35 bikes ( 2 * 180, 5 * 150, 15 * unicorn ,4 * karizma etc..etc..) after then i purchased my bike
Old 25th April 2006, 16:29   #13

hey unikon is a good bike.
but the only problem is in the city like when we travel mostly in 0-60 km/hr. it behave like a 100cc bike. all the acceleration it saves up after 70km/hr.
so i sold my unkon and brought apache.(i was a rx rider before that). the pickup and driving comfort with in city is more in apache . but at high speed like above 80-90km/hr.
apache vibrates more and pick up is less.
high speed handling is good for both bikes. but i personnely think apache is better to manage.

some of my older friends like unikon better. because they use it for commuting and not for that crazy driving in the city.
Old 26th April 2006, 00:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
unikon
i hope you dont slip similarly on your apache. slip of tongue, at times is better than slip of rubber.
Old 28th April 2006, 20:47   #15
BHPian

Hey man, I saw black apache yesterday. Man it jus looked another bike on road. Nothin special. Tank has been designed such over buldged it seems someone had sideefect of muscle stimulating steroids! Yes Silencer and alloys look cool. But I still rate it below pulsar and unicorn.
If unicorn would not have been this good as it is today, it would still sell the same nos. The reason being for some the name "Honda" it self is all.
I wud neva rate Pulsar below Unicorn. But at par.

Last edited by cowboy45 : 28th April 2006 at 20:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks