Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:59   #1
BHPian

Yamaha YZF R25 Might be Unveiled at EICMA 2012

http://motoroids.com/news/yamaha-ind...h-the-yzf-r25/

"It is being said all over the web world that Yamaha will unveil a new 250cc bike at the upcoming EICMA Motorcycle Show, Milan which will be held from 15-18 November, 2012. There are high chances (and even higher hopes) of Yamaha introducing the much awaited R25 to the bike aficionados by unveiling their new baby at EICMA 2012." - Motoroids
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Yamaha YZF R25 Might be Unveiled at EICMA 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
http://motoroids.com/news/yamaha-ind...h-the-yzf-r25/

"It is being said all over the web world that Yamaha will unveil a new 250cc bike at the upcoming EICMA Motorcycle Show, Milan which will be held from 15-18 November, 2012. There are high chances (and even higher hopes) of Yamaha introducing the much awaited R25 to the bike aficionados by unveiling their new baby at EICMA 2012." - Motoroids
Well picture seems to be morphed as why would Yamaha name it R25.1 . In case they does people will surely wait for a V2 expecting something more.

Power is never enough-- Will be great if Yamaha can come up with something like this in near future. Well at present Yamaha is atleast 8 years behind as long as engine cc is concerned. They launched R15 in 2008 after 8 years Honda did it so 250 could be expected in 2013, so prediction could be true-

Regards,
Maddy
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Well picture seems to be morphed as why would Yamaha name it R25.1 . In case they does people will surely wait for a V2 expecting something more.

Power is never enough-- Will be great if Yamaha can come up with something like this in near future. Well at present Yamaha is atleast 8 years behind as long as engine cc is concerned. They launched R15 in 2008 after 8 years Honda did it so 250 could be expected in 2013, so prediction could be true-

Regards,
Maddy
They may be lagging behind in terms of CCs, but they are way ahead in terms of technology. R15 redefined performance genre when it was launched in 2008, and still rules the roost among affordable performance bikes. Honda launched their true R15 opponent, the CBR 150R this year only, and they still has not been able to outmatch R15's handling prowess( My opinion ). 150R and 250R are good tourers alright, but not good handlers.

IF Yamaha launches R25( or whatever) it'll surely be better than CBR 250R in handling department and in terms of technology.
neerajpv87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They may be lagging behind in terms of CCs, but they are way ahead in terms of technology. R15 redefined performance genre when it was launched in 2008, and still rules the roost among affordable performance bikes. Honda launched their true R15 opponent, the CBR 150R this year only, and they still has not been able to outmatch R15's handling prowess( My opinion ).
While you are bang on as far as your opinion goes, at other places the CBR is right up there. Whatever technology the R15 has, the CBR matches & betters at few places. DOHC being one.

Quote:
150R and 250R are good tourers alright, but not good handlers.
250R is a tourer alright. It is a good handler as well. Not in the league of R15 or Ninja, but better than the others for sure. Unsure about the 150R as haven't ridden one.

And handling is quite relative. Not even 5% of R15 riders can do this to their tire, forget doing it on the 250R.

Yamaha YZF R25 Might be Unveiled at EICMA 2012-tire.jpg

Quote:
IF Yamaha launches R25( or whatever) it'll surely be better than CBR 250R in handling department and in terms of technology.
Handling, I might agree as things stand today, but technology?

And which handles better, the CBR 600RR or the R6?

The R1 or the 1000RR Fireblade?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 15:08   #5
BHPian

While you are bang on as far as your opinion goes, at other places the CBR is right up there. Whatever technology the R15 has, the CBR matches & betters at few places. DOHC being one.

I was replying to the post that Yamaha launched a 150cc bike 8 years after launch of Honda's 150cc bike. Although it took em 8 years, the technology the bike had was never heard of before( in Indian market). But yes, right now the 150R and R15 are surely bang up there.

250R is a tourer alright. It is a good handler as well. Not in the league of R15 or Ninja, but better than the others for sure. Unsure about the 150R as haven't ridden one.

I did not say 250R was a bad handler. It's surely a good handler, but not in league of R15. But as you said only a miniscule population would need that kind of handling capability. For rest CBRs are more than enough. IMO, CBRs have the best combination of comfort and sportiness whereas R15 is an outright track machine.

Handling, I might agree as things stand today, but technology?

And which handles better, the CBR 600RR or the R6?

The R1 or the 1000RR Fireblade?

Can't comment because I've never ridden those bikes

Last edited by neerajpv87 : 3rd November 2012 at 15:16.
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:38   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I was replying to the post that Yamaha launched a 150cc bike 8 years after launch of Honda's 150cc bike. Although it took em 8 years, the technology the bike had was never heard of before( in Indian market).
Sir with all due respect I am not trying to question the technology- all I wanted to emphasize is in terms of relative entering into a particular category. If 150cc was everything we wouldn't even be dicussing 250cc in this post.

I am not a fan of Yamaha or Honda but admit that they both are good in their own regards. Yamaha is admirable as their products are never half baked efforts with almost nil quality issues. R15 is a greatly engineered product far ahead of its competitors and now Honda CBR 150R isn't a slouch either (Bit of compromise on quality front but that's acceptable considring DOHC cost)

Question here is Yamaha's relative entry into a particular category, which takes its own sweet time. I am hoping a 250 cc Yamaha YZF if launched soon will again be miles ahead of its competitors as far as single cylinder category is concerned.

Regards,
Maddy
Old 3rd November 2012, 20:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Sir with all due respect I am not trying to question the technology- all I wanted to emphasize is in terms of relative entering into a particular category. If 150cc was everything we wouldn't even be dicussing 250cc in this post.
Oh my Oh my!

Yes, What you've said is true and even I don't agree to Yamaha's stategy of late entry into every segment. I believe they should've launched this 250 long ago. R15 V2 although better than V1, didn't bring anything superior to the competition. With motorcycles like CBR 250R and KTM Duke 200 in market, R15 isn't the VFM or performance proposition it was.

Guess We'll have to wait till the launch to see what Yamaha have in store for us. And to clarify something, I'm not a Yamaha or Honda fanboy
Old 3rd November 2012, 21:21   #8
Team-BHP Support

Honda & Yamaha are global Motorcycle giants. Please do not form an opinion seeing the way their product line up is @ India. Very few can choose between a Fireblade, an R1 and a GSX-R and differentiate as far as performance goes.

It is all brand preference, a bit about ergos, exhaust note and service.

Quote:
R15 V2 although better than V1,
Curious as in what terms?
Old 3rd November 2012, 21:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Honda & Yamaha are global Motorcycle giants. Please do not form an opinion seeing the way their product line up is @ India. Very few can choose between a Fireblade, an R1 and a GSX-R and differentiate as far as performance goes.

It is all brand preference, a bit about ergos, exhaust note and service.
Spot on.
Yamaha is more focused while Honda is better rounded. That's their general philosophy.

While its bit off topic,
Can someone explain me how DOHC is better than SOHC? I understand the technical but how does it translate in terms of output ?
How is CBR150 better than others here? Or worth the extra money?
Old 4th November 2012, 10:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Curious as in what terms?
The low and mid range punch has improved (Thanks to ECU remap). Slightly more committed riding stance and use of aluminium swing arm, aiding handling. Improved braking, thanks to a larger disk at rear.

These are not significant improvements, but still an improvement whatsoever.

Last edited by neerajpv87 : 4th November 2012 at 10:19.
Old 4th November 2012, 12:38   #11
BHPian

still nothing more than speculation. yammie 250 hopefuls have been wishing all over the internet for the past four years. I wouldn't be betting my silver dollar on this bit of "news".
Old 4th November 2012, 14:57   #12
BHPian

Lets hope the pillion seat on the R25 (if launched) doesn't seem like the 3rd floor as compared to rider seat-height!

At this stage, since nothing is confirmed, we can only make a wishlist of specifications (much like yammie hopefuls all over the internet!^):
- less bulkier-looking, more aggressive front end if possible
- dual bulbs for low beam, please!
- the r15 has always been a rider's bike. Can/will they make the elder brother a bit accommodating? Case in point being pillion comfort (hell, just 'pillion survival' will do! - #reargrabrails

I know this sounds like I'm asking for the best of both worlds (sporty+tourer), but its just a wishlist, innit? Because I'd prefer the R25 anyday over the Fazer250/FZ25.
Old 4th November 2012, 15:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Spot on.
While its bit off topic,
Can someone explain me how DOHC is better than SOHC? I understand the technical but how does it translate in terms of output ?
How is CBR150 better than others here? Or worth the extra money?
Well in similar state of tune, Double Over Head Camshaft (DOHC) helps engine achieve more RPM's due to less inertia (as there is no rocker rubbing cam). This is the reason why CBR150R revs till 12K providing bit better top end in comparison to R15 which tops at 10.5K. Also it provides better intake and exhaust achieving better fuel efficiency.

Regards,
Maddy

Last edited by Passiautonate : 4th November 2012 at 15:47. Reason: RPM's
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 19:27   #14
BHPian

http://motoroids.com/news/no-yamaha-...fore-2015-sad/

"Yamaha Motors India Ltd, has announced that until 2015, it will remain focussed on developing/bringing in automatic scooters to for our rapidly developing bike market."

Sad news indeed.
Old 19th November 2012, 19:52   #15
BHPian

good news I say. puts an end to all the speculation and indecision. duke 390 it is then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks