Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 21:11   #1

Good helmets in Pune?

Could someone please tell me where i can get good helmets , like , say an AGV in Pune.......my budget is 2k -3.5k....thanks!!
Old 9th May 2006, 21:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Did you check champion sports? I guess, there are couple of helmet shops on Tilak Road as well. Not sure if they sell hi-end helmets though.
Old 11th May 2006, 14:22   #3
BHPian

hey , does anyone where i can get a good ISI half-shell ( cruiser ) helmet in chennai ?? i tried mount road . they have some pretty looking stuff but they are not branded or anything . . so was just wondering. . .

do reply . . .
thanks
jake
Old 11th May 2006, 15:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can get AGV & GP1 helmets from a shop in MG road, I forgot the name of the shop but its diagonally opposite to Marzorin
Old 15th May 2006, 15:45   #5

the name of the shop is funkys. he also stocks STMs n Index lids. they r also pretty good.
Old 22nd January 2010, 07:29   #6
BHPian

Pune Helmets

Is the funkys still there? Also, any other shop which has come up in the recent past?
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Check 'probiker' next to ABN AMRO ATM off MG Road if you are looking for Bike accessories in Camp area. DSG (planetdsg.com) shop is also nearby in lane next to Marz O Rin.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:18   #8
BHPian

Shakti Sports has opened a bigger shop on Tilak Rd (with the usual low-end ones, Studds/Volga etc)

For high-end stuff check out the planetdsg shop as sukiwa suggested.
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Check 'probiker' next to ABN AMRO ATM off MG Road if you are looking for Bike accessories in Camp area. DSG (planetdsg.com) shop is also nearby in lane next to Marz O Rin.
+1 and to add on to it. If you are not a big "imported helmet" fan. Go to this place. Its some Vega showroom that also stocks helmets imported by Vega. After spending 1000's of bucks on Cross, AGV and what not, i finally found the Vega Boolean to be an excellent buy for Rs.1950. The best part was, they can service your Vega helmet to the tiniest screw! A friend got the entire front jaw portion changed on his Vega Boolean! And thats cause this is a Vega store.

Cross is good but expensive and you will never ever find a replacement visor for less than Rs.350. Also, they are all tinted and no clear visor is available. The visor locking mechanism changes every 6 months on newer models and then you spend additional Rs.100 to change this mechanism to fit the visor available at that point of time. So a 3k helmet will cost you Rs.500 every 6-8 months (sooner or later based on how soon you screw up your visor.)
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nilesh, is this Vega store the same as Probiker? Where exactly is it located?
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You can get AGV & GP1 helmets from a shop in MG road, I forgot the name of the shop but its diagonally opposite to Marzorin
Are you talking about DSG (Dream Sporting Gear)? They also have a website(PlanetDSG : The only Indian store for Motorcycle Riding Gear..) where you can buy online.

EDIT: Just checked, they don't have Helmets on their website.

Last edited by vabs78 : 22nd January 2010 at 15:18.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

I found 3 shops on MG road selling helmets. They were all sports shops. Most stocked Safe, Studds, Vega and other local brands.

I was looking for a AGV, but couldn't find it.

@Technocrat

I checked out the shop diagonally opposite Marzorin. Some Kukreja sports... He does not stalk AGV anymore. There was another shop just after the crossing which had a lot of stickers but just Studds and Vega.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 22nd January 2010 at 15:16.
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:13   #13
BHPian

I bought a CROSS Helmet from Pro-biker a few months back. The overall construction and padding on the inside is good. I also liked the fact that you can remove the inner padding and put it to wash.

I agree though with Nilesh about the Visor on CROSS Helmets, they do not have a clear visor and you surely will face problems while riding at night. Visor replacement is also a tad expensive. Mine is already got several gravel scratches on a ride to bangalore.
Old 7th January 2019, 14:07   #14
BHPian

Re: Good helmets in Pune?

Might be a good idea to update this thread. Also asking BHPian Sukiwa to also chip in.

There is Open Road Pune, in East Court of Phoenix Market City, Nagar Road. Run by Gagan, it stocks MT and SMK helmets. Prices seem to be on par with other shops. Also stocks other riding gear. Orders can also be placed online and can be home delivered. I bought a Pinlock70 from Open road online. After I had checked price with Gagan, he sent me a payment link which also includes delivery address information. Delivery seems to be charged Rs. 100/-

There is also Motocentral who are in Nana peth. I have not visited the shop but spoke to a person at the shop. They stock at least AGV helmets from what he told me. I plan to visit them the coming weekend and can have more.

A shop that is no longer functioning is Redliners in Koregaon Park. Sukiwa had recommended their shop but it turns out that they have closed shutters. Spoke to Adi who used to run the shop and he tells me that he now does only wholesale and even there, NOT helmets.

Some other shops in Pune but with whom I have not visited or interacted are:

Probiker who are next to ABN Amro on MG Road but do not know any more about them.

The Saddle Store, who are down the Rajwada Hotel lane off Baner Road

Will be nice if we can have a Pinned Post at the beginning of this thread which gives the latest list of shops and perhaps ratings as well.

Last edited by bevivek : 7th January 2019 at 14:22. Reason: Additional shops
Old 7th January 2019, 14:23   #15
BHPian

Re: Good helmets in Pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
I hear about Probiker who are next to ABN Amro on MG Road but do not know any more about them.
I have purchased a few helmets from Probiker in past 1-2 years. It is a good shop offering wide-range of helmets. Brands stocked range from Vega to MT to HJC and beyond. They don't stock LS2 or Cross (last experienced an year ago). I found the shop good enough with knowledgeable people and not pushy for a specific brand. Oh and the owner as well as employees are patient with requests, this has to be one of the top qualities in Pune! They do offer some cash discounts (~5%) if group purchases are made or through riding clubs reference.

Other shop I have frequented is Laxmi Auto on JM Road. They stock LS2 / Cross and associated brands. However, for some reason, I don't get good vibes in the shop, partially because LS2 brand is probably most counterfeited one. Also, the owner's attitude isn't particularly welcoming so not too many trial and enquiry opportunities.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed