Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-20121212_160609_796.jpg  

darxide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 22:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220

1. Black Paint + Gloden Wheels
2. Blue Paint + Orange Wheels
3. White Paint + Black Wheels

I would always go for 1 as thats my fav and i would go for matt black as that gives a nice stealth look. Dont paint the spokes in a different colour, somehow takes away the character and feels like its overworked. Keep the wheels to one single shade.

Can you get split seats. you can also expirement with different grab rails or make custom ones and highlight those in a different colour or CF. I would use CF on the side panels, grab rails and mirrors, not anywhere else.

And let the bike be devoid of any stickering so that when i see it, i know you are around

P.S. - There is Fazer in the black + golden wheel combo in my office basement. Looks good.
Old 26th February 2013, 03:49   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In addition to all this, get good levers & play with the rear-sets (if you can). And it would really be sweet, if it can be converted from the ugly twin shock set-up to a mono. And I would have kept it devoid of any sticker job.

Before everyone starts shooting me down, I am posting the pictures of a black R1 for comparison & for some fun. And I have seen V12's bikes. I am sure this will be one hot P-220 in India to watch out for.
I too dont want too much of stickering on the 220. Just basic stickering with the words PULSAR and 220. Currently the fairing is devoid of any sticker whatsoever and it looks too plain. So might think of some basic sticker work.

The rear sets on the 220 are perfect - they are pretty comfortable. Playing with them would be like moving more behind - which will interfere with the pillion footpeg. We did try this on our Enfield Cafe Racer and was very uncomfortable when there was a pillion seated.

And Sheel, thanks for the compliment. Its been more than a year that we sold the 2 Cafe Racers - and I really miss them. Given a complete freedom to do whatever and spend any amount of money, I would have definitely converted the 220 in a daily practical Cafe Racer.

But wait, I already have plans and drawings of a super cafe in mind. All at the right time

Quote:
heres my 2013 pulsar with bbs gold wheels
Your ride looks amazing darxide. What is this shade called? I am planning on a darker shade though.

Quote:
1. Black Paint + Gloden Wheels
2. Blue Paint + Orange Wheels
3. White Paint + Black Wheels

I would always go for 1 as thats my fav and i would go for matt black as that gives a nice stealth look. Dont paint the spokes in a different colour, somehow takes away the character and feels like its overworked. Keep the wheels to one single shade.

Can you get split seats. you can also expirement with different grab rails or make custom ones and highlight those in a different colour or CF. I would use CF on the side panels, grab rails and mirrors, not anywhere else.

And let the bike be devoid of any stickering so that when i see it, i know you are around
Raj, Color Option 3 was my first choice (similar to what we did to our Yamaha Cafe) - but I didnt want to change the original paint since that would mean changing the details on the RC book. So Option 1

Never been a fan of matt finish paint jobs on small bikes. I always feel that a matt finish job looks good when you have a lot of parts to show the finish - like a bike with a complete fairing. But thats just my thought. Matt is also very difficult to maintain or clean. Am still in 2 minds on the wheel paint - ful golden or golden/black.

The bike already has split seats. The problem with different grabrails are they are not a direct fit from other bikes. Custom ones may look good, but may require modifications. The CF stickers as you mentioned would be only on the grabrails, side panels and mirrors (thanks - mirrors never crossed my mind).

Again with stickering - I feel that a bike should have some sticker or the other to identify it. Having no stickers at all makes the bike look incomplete in someway. So a sticker will definitely be there. But will play with different font and styles. The tank, fairing and rear panels will sport stickers - but have not yet decided on them.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys!!
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 13:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

The number plate holders are straight away taken from the 135.The bracket to mount the holder had to be welded on to the frame(which i am against).You can create custom clamps but you should make sure the holder and the number plate dont shake.About the moonsoon,god save the pillion
Old 26th February 2013, 15:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Matt is not what it used to be. You get a lot of easy to maintain matt finish paints. i am not talking about the hard matt rough surface, only a matt look that would still reflect light. i am not able to fully describe it but let me see if i can get google baba to help with some pics that can explain.

and since you have a garage, i suggested a diff grab rail design. You can do it now, comon.
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:12   #21
BHPian

Does anybody know of any person in Bangalore who does wrapping for bikes ? If yes, how much does it cost ?

Regards,
G D
Old 4th March 2013, 17:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
Does anybody know of any person in Bangalore who does wrapping for bikes ? If yes, how much does it cost ?

Regards,
G D
Why dont you try 3M. Check out their service reviews in the directory section and you would get an idea.
Old 10th March 2013, 15:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Why dont you try 3M. Check out their service reviews in the directory section and you would get an idea.
Tried 3M at HSR Layout & Matte black is not yet available & they don't work on 2 wheelers.

Regards,
G D
Old 11th March 2013, 01:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post

Tried 3M at HSR Layout & Matte black is not yet available & they don't work on 2 wheelers.

Regards,
G D
Then i still feel that if you look around, you will find someone who can do it for you. Many do the CF sticker as a DIY as well. All the best.
Old 14th March 2013, 16:30   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally the rear number plate bracket has been fixed. And yes, the brackets to hold this had to be welded to the frame. Having clamps and holders would have been possible - but they would not be rattle free.

The bracket welded to the frame.
Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-p2201.jpg

The bracket as it looks without the number plate
Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-p2202.jpg

The number plate needs to be aligned with the holder. Right now it looks very weird when its perpendicular.
Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-p2203.jpg
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 14:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Finally the rear number plate bracket has been fixed. And yes, the brackets to hold this had to be welded to the frame. Having clamps and holders would have been possible - but they would not be rattle free.

The bracket welded to the frame.
Attachment 1062461

The bracket as it looks without the number plate
Attachment 1062462

The number plate needs to be aligned with the holder. Right now it looks very weird when its perpendicular.
Attachment 1062463
This is perfect.
I went to local garage and showed them the bracket that needs to be fitted, and they said some brackets needs to be created and all .
But i guess getting it welded is the best and easiest way .
Apart from welding was there any other thing which you did ?

I was planning to modify my 200 to something like this .
Attached Thumbnails
Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-5.jpg  

Old 15th March 2013, 16:22   #27
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Schoudary,

Yes, its only a small rectangular bracket (with 2 holes)that needs to be cut to fit in between the frame.

The top of the number plate holder then needs to be bolted onto the bracket.

Once done, you can fit in the number plate and the indicators onto the holder.

I did a small mistake by not mentioning that I need the number plate to aligned with the holder. The bracket would then have been placed in a different manner. See how the P200NS holder is mounted.

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-pulsar_200_ns_10.jpg
Old 17th March 2013, 17:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Got the bracket fitted to my 200 today and got some stickering work done on the alloys .

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image2393432078.jpg

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image2186893021.jpg

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image3241368105.jpg

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image1119355553.jpg

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image3556599974.jpg

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image4102508916.jpg

Cosmetic Modifications on a Pulsar 220-image2005584558.jpg

Also order the new pulsar 200's reflector and other stuff which you see near the number plate, will be getting fitted tomorrow .
Order an ind style number plate to replace the existing number plate.

Could any one suggest an upsize for rear and front tyre for pulsar 200.
Cheers
Old 18th March 2013, 09:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
heres my 2013 pulsar with bbs gold wheels
Fantastic shade darxide. Planning to do the same albeit a bit darker shade on my blue 220S and turn it into an STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
This is perfect.
I went to local garage and showed them the bracket that needs to be fitted, and they said some brackets needs to be created and all .
But i guess getting it welded is the best and easiest way .
Apart from welding was there any other thing which you did ?

I was planning to modify my 200 to something like this .
Schoudhury, those blinkers are from the Honda stable I guess. Any idea if they are a direct fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Got the bracket fitted to my 200 today and got some stickering work done on the alloys .

Also order the new pulsar 200's reflector and other stuff which you see near the number plate, will be getting fitted tomorrow .
Order an ind style number plate to replace the existing number plate.
I was looking at getting the 200NS indicators but the chaps at Probiking told me that its not possible to be fixed on a 220's stock mudguard as there are some mods done to the size. Can you confirm that for me?
Old 18th March 2013, 11:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Schoudhury, those blinkers are from the Honda stable I guess. Any idea if they are a direct fit?
Those are stock pulsar 200 indicators. I took them off the stock mudguard and fitted then in the pulsar 135's bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
I was looking at getting the 200NS indicators but the chaps at Probiking told me that its not possible to be fixed on a 220's stock mudguard as there are some mods done to the size. Can you confirm that for me?
I am not 100 % sure about it . But i think it might not be true.
Because when i was taking off the indicators from the stock mudguard, i saw that there were basically bolt on kind of stuff .
One more thing, the number plate bracket for 200Ns and 135 pulsar are the same , so i don't think there will be any issues.
You can check with any Bajaj showroom , they can confirm one the same.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks