Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 12:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 - "The Chrome Decimator"

First Service Update.

Decimator was taken to the hospital for it's first set of vaccinations. Doctor asked me to admit it due to the bruises on the fork sleeve. Did so and got discharged after a day.

Experience was pretty bad. When I called, I was asked to come down by 12:30 in the noon. Reached there and found that my vehicle was still getting serviced. Got the delivery at 5:00 PM. The staff is as usual sweet but still, I had to spend half of my day (during working hours) at the service center.

Though the wait was long, I was sitting by the decimator while it was being treated. That gave some solace.

I understand that I would need to find a good mechanic. I'm somehow not satisfied. I still don't have the feel of riding a new, just serviced RE.

Issues & solutions:

Fender scraped fork sleeve- Fender was adjusted and fork sleeve repainted.

Vibrations beyond imagination- All screws tightened. Just fine but not satisfied.

Silencer bend pipe turned gold- I was told that this happens to all Classic 500s due to the heat produced and would not be changed under warranty. Left it as is.

Shrill sound from the silencer- Fixed. They tightened some screws around it.

Gears are hard to change- Ignored. Will have to go back to get it done. Was too tired when I received the bike for test run.

Old problems gone (or probably suppressed), gave chance to new comers (new problems).
  1. When I try to kick start, I feel that the kick is not locking and just slips off like something on butter (but NOT similar when you hold clutch and push the kick rod).
  2. Bike stops when I hold the clutch.
  3. Bike is giving jerks while in motion (while not holding the clutch).

Will go back today. But I really do not want to spend 4 more hours in the service center.
Old 17th October 2015, 14:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
First Service Update.

Decimator was taken to the hospital for it's first set of vaccinations. Doctor asked me to admit it due to the bruises on the fork sleeve. Did so and got discharged after a day.

Experience was pretty bad. When I called, I was asked to come down by 12:30 in the noon. Reached there and found that my vehicle was still getting serviced. Got the delivery at 5:00 PM. The staff is as usual sweet but still, I had to spend half of my day (during working hours) at the service center.

Though the wait was long, I was sitting by the decimator while it was being treated. That gave some solace.

I understand that I would need to find a good mechanic. I'm somehow not satisfied. I still don't have the feel of riding a new, just serviced RE.

Issues & solutions:

Fender scraped fork sleeve- Fender was adjusted and fork sleeve repainted.

Vibrations beyond imagination- All screws tightened. Just fine but not satisfied.

Silencer bend pipe turned gold- I was told that this happens to all Classic 500s due to the heat produced and would not be changed under warranty. Left it as is.

Shrill sound from the silencer- Fixed. They tightened some screws around it.

Gears are hard to change- Ignored. Will have to go back to get it done. Was too tired when I received the bike for test run.

Old problems gone (or probably suppressed), gave chance to new comers (new problems).
  1. When I try to kick start, I feel that the kick is not locking and just slips off like something on butter (but NOT similar when you hold clutch and push the kick rod).
  2. Bike stops when I hold the clutch.
  3. Bike is giving jerks while in motion (while not holding the clutch).

Will go back today. But I really do not want to spend 4 more hours in the service center.
Hello xydon(& Other Chrome Owners),
you might have rode the bike quite few distances by now.
Would you mind sharing a long term ownership experience and suggest if chrome still is your dream??
Would really appreciate mention of Issues that might have bothered you over and any info on new upgrades to be rolled down over next 6 months time???

Thanks in Advance.
Hope your feedback would help decide my next.

Spark
Old 9th February 2016, 12:12   #18

Now you can add me to your company! I got my Green colour Chrome 500.Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 - "The Chrome Decimator"-img20160203wa0001.jpg This is one of the latest colors from Royal Enfield.
Deva Nandan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks